over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheat Meals vs Refeeds

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
I've always incorporated cheat meals once a week and more recently have increased this to every 4th or 5th day, I just feel i get better results that way. Usually my meal is whatever I'm craving at the moment, usually pizza or burgers, something high in fat and greasy for the most part. Now i know there is a science behind cheats, resetting a lot of your body's hormone levels and all, but I do it more for my sanity than anything else. Lately I have been reading about refeed days where people actually count the calories and try to double their normal intake of carbs. With my cheats ive never taken into account the nutritional value of the meal. My question is do you guys like one over the other? are you able to use a cheat meal as a refeed or do you do them seperately? Id love to hear your opinions.

Made a thread on this a few days ago, good responses check it out. It has the answers ur looking for.

Basically cheat meals are for mental purposes. Any high fat meal on a diet . high carb meals raise leptin and which is beneficial and what you want.

Made a thread on this a few days ago, good responses check it out. It has the answers ur looking for.

Basically cheat meals are for mental purposes. Any high fat meal on a diet . high carb meals raise leptin and which is beneficial and what you want.

Thanks man did not see it I'll check it out.

I think you are fine with eating whatever you want. Just dont go overboard.

A cheat day in actuallity does not have a play on your progress besides adding calories over time. If your typically consuming say 3000 cals a day throughout the week and one day you throw in a cheat day or meal where you tend to eat something dense in calories you are adding to the calories you consume on a consistent basis. This is why a lot of bros think adding a meal at five guys once a week atributes to them holding size thoughout a diet when in actuality it is the calories that are slowing down weight loss, if you are dieting in a caloric deficit that " cheat meal" just makes your deficit over time that much smaller. Sure the sodium may make you feel better when most tend to unnecessarily eat diets that restrict sodium.
As for refeeds there are usually no need for them when in a surplus because the majority of people will be full of glycogen throughout an offseason period anyway. Maybe if you were somebody who does not enjoy consuming an abundance of carbs when in a surplus and chose to consume higher fat day to day a refeed might make sense then. When dieting they can be useful if done when needed, they are not like cheat days where people implement them mostly for a break from dieting week to week, they serve some purpose by allowing you to keep some fullness at tough times through a diet where for some carbs can get to be on the lower side. Refeeds are surely not as satisfying as cheat days I mean having to consume massive amounts of carbs while restricting fat to some extent isnt like eating 2 double burgers and a bag of fries washed down by some soda

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws