Cheat Meals

mytreefiddy

IFBB PRO / Featured Member / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Just curious about this with the objective to stay lean..... when it comes to cheat meals does it really matter whether it a meal that's loaded in fat or loaded in carbs???...does one have more of a negative impact on the waistline than the other??

Pizza and ice cream r about equal in both so no need to discriminate lol

If trying to get leaner...then I would make use of more carbs personally and watch the fat. Carbs have more impact on hormones regulating metabolism such as insulin and leptin. Fats do nothing, but get your caloric intake up. Also got to remember that carbs will increase insulin and any fat you consume (that's not burned) will be stored. Carbs are the other hand are being use to restore muscle and liver glycogen, so the chances of any fat gain should be minimized a great deal.

I guess when it comes to cheat meals I never really cared as my cheat days are few and far between :( . At most once a week typically for me. I figured that one meal or one day (if I make it a day) has very little overall effect on my bottom line, seeing as I don't compete and any minor differences in my body comp would likely not be noticed.

Figured if someone is having multiple cheat days / meals throughout the week, depending on the frequency, kinda becomes part of your diet and not so much a cheat meal. But as stated above I would watch fat before I watch carbs if I needed to.

IMO doesn't matter, in the end it's extra calories. But honestly who cares? Are you making a living off your physique, if not i wouldn't worry TOO much. We all like to look good, but I think it's also fair to say we all like to indulge and enjoy ourselves too ;)

Focus more on carbs.

Does it make a difference if these are clean carbs like sushi vs something like pasta or pizza?

Does it make a difference if these are clean carbs like sushi vs something like pasta or pizza?

Sushi can be as fattening as pizza depending on the type you get. When breaking down carbs by simple and complex, its should make no bit of difference if you really need the carbs to refuel glycogen stores and reset metabolism. However I think a mix would be good. Simple at first and finish up with more complex. The more insulin you pump out that day the more leptin you produce as well. Their studies to prove it. Leptin is an very important factor when it comes to weight reduction.

I've noticed on Tren that when I have a spike in carbs (especially simple which I crave constantly) I immediately start sweating....not profusely but a slight increase in temp.... I feel like the Tren is just obliterating those shit carbs.... I've had some epic meals and have felt like i was leaner the following day.

Right or wrong, my cheat meal always ends up being a giant cheeseburger loaded with fats lol
I don't seem to have that sweet tooth

One of the best types of diets I have ever used to stay lean and have used it in the past and am currently using is the Cycle diet created by Scott Abel.

Generally speaking you are in relative calorie deficit the whole week and one day a week you have a re-feed day. The amount of carbs, fat, protein are irrelevant as long as you spike you calories. You have to be in a supercompensated state for this to be effective or you will gain fat. The purpose of the spike day is to upregulate your horomoves (thyroid, leptin, etc..) because when in a relative calorie deficit these start down regulating so the spike day jacks them back up (hence the term cycle diet). This is same concept as having cheat meals during a contest prep, so you upregulate metabolism. You have to be very strict during the week. Bio-feedback signs to look for are hunger levels (you should be hungry most of the day), have a huge appetite, and your weight returns to normal by the next spike day. These are a few signs.

You will know if you are in supercompensation mode because you will be able to handle large amounts of food without really getting that full. I usually take around 8000+ calories on my re-feed day. Now you also have to pay attention to your energy and performance levels during your workouts. If they are dropping towards the end of the workout week you may need to add in a Mid-week spike meal. Like for myself I have a Mid-week spike meal (which replace my last 2 meals of that day) on Wednesday and Saturday is my re-feed day.

Scott has a DVD of a seminar he did on it which is very informative. This is a diet where you can have you cake and eat it to :) I actually used a verison of this when I leaned down and went from 215 lbs to 200 lbs in 10 weeks with a whole re-fee day every Saturday and the last 4 weeks added in the Mid-week spike and was doing no cardio.

Last edited:
What is a good cheat meal that is mainly carbs without a lot of fats? I am thinking most cheat meals that would be high in carbs are going to be high in fat. For example: pizza, cheeseburger/fries, ice cream, etc...

One of the best types of diets I have ever used to stay lean and have used it in the past and am currently using is the Cycle diet created by Scott Abel.

Generally speaking you are in relative calorie deficit the whole week and one day a week you have a re-feed day. The amount of carbs, fat, protein are irrelevant as long as you spike you calories. You have to be in a supercompensated state for this to be effective or you will gain fat. The purpose of the spike day is to upregulate your horomoves (thyroid, leptin, etc..) because when in a relative calorie deficit these start down regulating so the spike day jacks them back up (hence the term cycle diet). This is same concept as having cheat meals during a contest prep, so you upregulate metabolism. You have to be very strict during the week. Bio-feedback signs to look for are hunger levels (you should be hungry most of the day), have a huge appetite, and your weight returns to normal by the next spike day. These are a few signs.

You will know if you are in supercompensation mode because you will be able to handle large amounts of food without really getting that full. I usually take around 8000+ calories on my re-feed day. Now you also have to pay attention to your energy and performance levels during your workouts. If they are dropping towards the end of the workout week you may need to add in a Mid-week spike meal. Like for myself I have a Mid-week spike meal (which replace my last 2 meals of that day) on Wednesday and Saturday is my re-feed day.

Scott has a DVD of a seminar he did on it which is very informative. This is a diet where you can have you cake and eat it to :) I actually used a verison of this when I leaned down and went from 215 lbs to 200 lbs in 10 weeks with a whole re-fee day every Saturday and the last 4 weeks added in the Mid-week spike and was doing no cardio.

Very interesting as my coaches have me doing exactly this....... im on point 6 7/8 days a week....then i go bananas for an hour.... just calculated my last cheat which was 4000k in an hour.... feel crappy afterwards but feels soooooo good going down... LOL

I've noticed on Tren that when I have a spike in carbs (especially simple which I crave constantly) I immediately start sweating....not profusely but a slight increase in temp.... I feel like the Tren is just obliterating those shit carbs.... I've had some epic meals and have felt like i was leaner the following day.

I swear by this too. I am have 2 cheats sometimes 3 a week and getting leaner with little to no cardio. I am still 17 weeks out, but I look the best I ever have at 17 weeks. The best part of tren is you do not a lot of it to notice key physique changes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity