over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheat meals

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do weekly cheat meals benefit you or do more harm? Every trainer I have talked to has different opinions. Curious what everyone's thoughts are

on prep; I have whatever I want the last meal on Saturday night. so far; prep going well and fat is coming off

Yesterday I had sliders, pizza and fries all together... this morning back on the grind with AM fasted cardio.

I’m not saying it’s right; it’s just what I do and what helps me mentally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than one way to skin a cat!

Offseason I like cheat meals. Mini cut? Cheat meal. Prep? Refeeds. I like to be in total control lol.

This works for ppl who adhere to a diet everyday. Most likely your entire life is a cheat meal with intuitive eating. Well, look at America. We intuitively eat and America is obese as shit.

Also depends on your definition of a cheat meal. More jasmine rice with your meals? Or we talking brownies and pizza? Like everything in this shit, its individual. Deep enough into prep ill have refeeds and drop 2 lbs. That just means things are going good.

More than one way to skin a cat!

Offseason I like cheat meals. Mini cut? Cheat meal. Prep? Refeeds. I like to be in total control lol.
Same here.....my cheat meals are really refeeds. Typically more of the same foods I already eat....but much larger quantities!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

See I need like a mental “break”. I tried adding like a little extra rice or potatoes to a few meals, didn’t help

I like 1 “controlled cheat” almost every time I’ll go get 2 sushi rolls, not fried, no cream cheese stuffed ones. And a beer. Pretty decently clean and I like the atmosphere of friends/family and going out to dinner

The next day I wake up mentally ready to get strict agsin

I don't compete so I cheat every weekend, but it's not entirely a cheat since I run a CKD year-round. And it's almost always the same stuff - Asian food, ice cream, and cookie dough.

When I'm dieting I will skip a weekend or 2 in the beginning or if I feel I'm just not losing fat quick enough.

I think they are very individual based
I like them through the whole prep , on the beginning more as a mental break and to keep some normalcy in the family life , Early on they will be like a steak and veggies dinner , nothing bad. As the calories get reduced and the fat is coming off the meals change to more of a refeed/metabolism boost. The last few weeks each refeed will be carefully watched and timed so we know when and how to manipulate carbs and water for a show

Depends on the context; such as how deep in prep one is, metabolic factors, etc. My coach prescribed me a high “fat” meal every week during my last 3 preps to be consumed in addition to all my other clean 6 meals. I’ve seen people misuse that word for an excuse to eat whatever they want off plan, even after just starting a diet phase. I guess some look at it as a well deserved reward meal for sticking to a diet all week.

Yes I do a refeed day on my 1 off day from gym. Normally rest day/refeed meal is day after legs. I do the meal on that day because that is the day the body is going to need that glycogen fill ups to assist in recovery. Show prep extra sweet potato pr something like that, Bulking I eat 1 meal of whatever I want!

They physically do more harm mentally it's just a break

Bullshit.

A cheat meal not only doesn’t do any harm (physically or mentally, but it also can do a lot of good (once again both mentally and physically).

Enjoy your cheat meal bro, if you worked hard all week you earned it.

on prep; I have whatever I want the last meal on Saturday night. so far; prep going well and fat is coming off

Yesterday I had sliders, pizza and fries all together... this morning back on the grind with AM fasted cardio.

I’m not saying it’s right; it’s just what I do and what helps me mentally

I have a problem with this protocol.

Why do asted cardio in the next day? Use all that accumulated energy to hit the lifts.

My chick is a fitness competitor and she “cheats” once every 4-5 days but the cheat is low fat low fructose, and can’t be over 75g carbs

She likes a bowl of red sauce and angle hair pasta and turkey sausage and a jug of halo top. She usually looks better the next morning after this.

A good big cheat meal is basically necessary to trick your body into thinking it doesn't have to preserve body fat. Hard dieting will cause your body to adapt and make it want to hold on to bodyfat (after a while). A cheat meal every now and again is an absolute necessity to keep the fat burning going.

Since cheat meals refeeds etc. started I have seen the physiques become less lean on the average.

Since cheat meals refeeds etc. started I have seen the physiques become less lean on the average.

I don't know of any reputable coach that doesn't implement them one way or the other.

Would this not be the case because of more slin-usage rather than the cheat meals?

You're right though, in general they look doughier (if that's an existing word).

In a bulking phase now, I try to stick to a 750-1000 calorie surplus but on the days where I binge eat 4000-5000 calories (1500-2500 surplus apx) calories once or twice a week I typically get a bit more recovery and and that is usually when I seem to hit new measurement and lift PRs so far been doing this for 5 weeks and am up 15lbs while only adding 1/4 inch or so to my waist. Arms up an inch, thighs up about 1.5 inch, chest up 2 inches etc.

So if we call those binges cheat meals, they definitely help gains on a bulking phase. I plan on cutting down on weed so I don't binge as much and making them more controlled and strategic. On a cut thou, not fucking way! I tried that and all it did was slow shit down and draw out the pain lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws