over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheat meals

Oh..What i really meant though is having periodic REFEEDS. Since i'm low cals and very low carbs, i'm getting depleted, and i'm trying to find a great way to refeed, once a week or so.

I just hesitate between a high, clean carb day, a big high carb cheat meal, a skipload, etc...

I know cheat meals are more likely for mental sanity. What i'm looking for is what kind of refeeds worked best for you. I'm not sure if I should go the clean or dirty way, and the actual quantity that I should aim for.

I've been reading a lot on leptin, and what I think i'll do is keep dieting till I feel hungry all the time, tired, or weak in the gym, and then have a high carb low fat refeed. I've been going 6 days straight, and I feel the refeed is coming. Best way will probably be to implement it once a week once i'm dialed in. I just realized this is all so individualistic, you really have to try it out for yourself.

For me Ive only used just a cheat meal. It works well and seems to do the trick. I recommend it for my clients also and they have great results also.
I have read about using refeed days where its a bunch of clean carbs spread out over the day but that is diet depending (keto) and further into the diet when your really lean, because the thought was your body can handle the calories better as your more depleted rather than going crazy on calories earlier in the diet.
Like i said Ive only tried the basic cheat. I feel if I eat too much i smooth out for a few more days and that led me to believe that its not going to work for me to eat all day. But again each person is specific in how or if something works so give it a shot and see where you are afterwards.

1- your body isn't a closed system where calories in and calories out determine weight/fat loss. please search for dr.scott connally's (sp?) interview (recent) about insulin. it's very long but you'll learn so much.

2- 2500 cals is not even a deficit to most. don't kid yourself, you don't need 3000 cals to maintain your weight... you probably need 3000 cals to maintain the amount of shit in your intestines to be constant and keep your weight up by 5-10 lbs... that's why people lose a lot of weight in 3 days when they drop the cals to a reasonable amount then say "if i go below 4000 cals, i lose weight quick! that's not good!"

3- if you keep your cals at 1500 or so for a long time, your metabolism won't slow down and you'll keep on losing weight... now without drugs, you'll look like a stick figure... with drugs, you will lose no muscle at all (tried it right here ;))

put all these 3 points together and you know what i mean...

when you start your diet at 2800 cals, train and burn 300 cals, and do 20 mins of cadio and burn 150 or 200 cals ... that's 2300 cals left over... you won't be losing shit at that rate... that's why you need to up the cardio, up the fat burners, and decrease cals every two or three weeks....

see where i'm going with this?

From the personal experiences - I do not agree with you on this one.
I've logged everything I ate for the last 7 months if I eat ~15 kcals per lb, do 30 min cardio, train for 50 min and have pretty active day I maintain my bodyweight or if I'm very active - I'm even loosing weight...13-14kcal per lb - slow fat loss, 10 even 12 kcals per lb - and I'm loosing my weight too fast, even on gear, 12 kcals per lb (2600-2700cal for me) for a week or so and people starts asking me if I quit training because I've shrunken so much...I've to notice that I'm extreme ectomorph, started lifting weight at 6'1 130 pounds, never been more than 10% bf my whole life (I can send you my current offseason pics and you would say that I'm few weeks out from the show, eating 4000cals a day for 6 days and 1 BIG cheat day a week) no matter how much I ate, trained or not trained, doing pretty high volume training and cardio so this might fits for you.
Just recently started to work with one trainer, he said for someone like me (extreme ecto, long limbs, fast metabolism) 3-4000 cals is a joke, he would never advise for someone like me to eat less than 3000-3500 cals even at the strictest diet and bulk up with at least 5-6000 cals or more, though he has trainees which needs to drop cals as low as 2000 a day or even less to see weight loss, so if smth is working great for you - that might not for everyone, you have the genetics to maintain/gain muscle on barely nothing that's great for you, I wish I could have too...I feel like sh!t on less than 2500 cal,at 1500 I probably couldn't move during the day, not to mention training, work etc

Just another example

This guy in the pic is on 4000-4900 cal diet, NATURAL (and still losses the weight)
DIET:

10:00am - Meal #1 - 1 Whole Wheat Bagel, 6 Whole Eggs, 3 strips of thick cut applewood smoked bacon, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 banana, 12oz of pineapple, 24oz of chocolate milk, 12 oz of yogurt (greek yogurt and yoplait)

1:00pm - Meal #2 - 2 scoop of Myofusion, 2 tbsp of PB, 2 cup of steel cut oats (cooked), 1 banana, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 apple (I do not mix this with proats) - proats

3:30pm - Meal #3 - 12oz of lean ground beef, 1.5 cup of brown rice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 2 cup of spinach, 1 cup of mushrooms, 1 cup of strawberries

6:00pm - Meal #4 - 14-16oz of chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of bell peppers, 1 cup of mushrooms

Dessert - Half a box of Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

Total: ~4900cals: ~400g Protein, ~500g CHO, ~120g F;

Attachments

• P1010005-3.jpg
    P1010005-3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 183
Bro honestly for me the more I ate the more ripped I got u have to remeber u have to eat a lot to stay in shape it sounds crazy but its true and of course u have to work out to or u will become a fat ass lol good luck bro

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131