over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheating on the IF 16/8 Protocol?

B-Trotter

Registered
Does anyone here cheat on their intermittent fasting diet?

I eat damn clean for 4 consecutive days, but by the 5th I usually have to pig out on anything and everything all within the 8 hour eating window.

I'm currently fasting all week. I can only train on weekends really, so then I skip the fasting. But to answer your question, on a Sunday I usually eat out and have several Krispy Kremes (Thank you America ha!). Its not hurt my progress as I'm continually losing weight, but you should be smart with it. I chose that day to cheat because its a workout day and I cheat in the evenings so that I can't binge all day afterwards!

Also, at the beginning of trying to get lean and had healthier snack options like organic 85% dark chocolate and whole earth peanut butter. On a low carbohydrate diet, these low sugar options didn't hurt my progress at all snacking on non-workout days too... But again I didn't binge on them...

Best of luck!!

I'm currently fasting all week. I can only train on weekends really, so then I skip the fasting. But to answer your question, on a Sunday I usually eat out and have several Krispy Kremes (Thank you America ha!). Its not hurt my progress as I'm continually losing weight, but you should be smart with it. I chose that day to cheat because its a workout day and I cheat in the evenings so that I can't binge all day afterwards!

Also, at the beginning of trying to get lean and had healthier snack options like organic 85% dark chocolate and whole earth peanut butter. On a low carbohydrate diet, these low sugar options didn't hurt my progress at all snacking on non-workout days too... But again I didn't binge on them...

Best of luck!!

I fast 7 days of the week in the sense that I fast for 16 hours and eat within an 8 hour window.

However, every fifth day I just spend the 8 hour window binging my tits off. I feel fat as hell after the binge.

4 days: 2500 calories
5h day: 5000-6000 calories.

Cheers for the response.

IF and binge =:banghead:

First off, what are your goals? What types of chemical assistance are you using?

When you say you eat clean, what do you mean?

My experience with IF has been very positive, but I fast, then feast. In other words, a lot of people who try IF end up eating much less than they should during the window of their caloric intake. If you feel like you have to "cheat" after four or five days, you're not eating enough during the time when you should be eating.

Similar to how people screw up low-carb dieting by limiting fat too much (and taking in too much protein), people who first try intermittent fasting screw it up because they hear the word "fast", when what they should hear, especially if they are trying to recomp, is "feast". Intermittent feasting would be a better word.

Now... That doesn't mean that krispy kreme is a suitable feast meal. That's just twisted, but not from a caloric standpoint, but rather, from an inflammatory standpoint. The goal of any diet, whether cutting, bulking, low carbing, IF'ing, should be to limit inflammation. Junk food is inflammatory.

So... No, you shouldn't feel like you need to cheat. But you also shouldn't be eating processed, omega-6 laden fried starches as your main macro.

With IF I can eat above maintenance calories during my window, especially if I'm training fasted and especially if I am assisted, metabolically speaking.

I've had days where I don't do it but not every five. If it is still working for you and you are moveing towards your goal I wouldn't worry about it. I usually fill up on spinache or lettuce if I'm still hungry after hitting calories.

First off, what are your goals? What types of chemical assistance are you using?

My experience with IF has been very positive, but I fast, then feast. In other words, a lot of people who try IF end up eating much less than they should during the window of their caloric intake. If you feel like you have to "cheat" after four or five days, you're not eating enough during the time when you should be eating.

Similar to how people screw up low-carb dieting by limiting fat too much (and taking in too much protein), people who first try intermittent fasting screw it up because they hear the word "fast", when what they should hear, especially if they are trying to recomp, is "feast". Intermittent feasting would be a better word.

Now... That doesn't mean that krispy kreme is a suitable feast meal. That's just twisted, but not from a caloric standpoint, but rather, from an inflammatory standpoint. The goal of any diet, whether cutting, bulking, low carbing, IF'ing, should be to limit inflammation. Junk food is inflammatory.

So... No, you shouldn't feel like you need to cheat. But you also shouldn't be eating processed, omega-6 laden fried starches as your main macro.

With IF I can eat above maintenance calories during my window, especially if I'm training fasted and especially if I am assisted, metabolically speaking.

Good advice here. I definitely feel that people have a tendency to under eat while intermittent fasting. In fact my best results with fasting and losing weight is that during my eating window I am eating a lot of good clean food. For me this is mackerel, chicken, eggs, grass-fed butters and cheese, rice tonnes of vegetables and I cook most meals in organic chicken stock for the added vitmains, minerals and gelatin from the vegetables and bones...

But as your calories suggest that you may be eating enough (Depending on your size of course, which I don't know), perhaps you need to look at your food choices. I limit carbohydrates while fasting and not training to 50-100g a day and place a stronger emphasis on good fats. This keeps me full and from binging...

That being said, I still enjoy some dark chocolate! And on the weekend after eating out and usually going for chicken and rice, I enjoy a few doughnuts, far from it being my main macro ha! And as the OP was asking, it doesn't hurt my progress to eat something like this once in a while. But admittedly in an ideal world, we should never eat this stuff!

Great post here and offers nice perspective. I do IF for prep and think I underate as a result.

Disco:

First, let me say that I have always enjoyed your posts and insights and appreciate your willingness to share your experiences.

I have successfully used IF for both recomposition and cutting, but I am always interested in hearing how others interpret and apply IF protocols.

(1) Do you use time windows for both fasting and feasting components, and if so, what are they?

(2) Do you have particular caloric limits when you feast, or do you simply eat until satiated?

(3) Do you have particular macro targets when you feast, or do you find it sufficient to eat "clean" in amounts that satiate?

(4) With regard to "metabolic assistance," (if you feel comfortable sharing) what compounds and doses do you find provide an appropriate level of assistance while minimizing any potential negative health consequences? (I know from your prior posts that you are very health conscious, so I'd be curious as to your findings on this point.)

If I'm cutting I eat all my carbs post workout up to 200gs. When calories are higher I'll add to the first meal around twelve. Last meal around eight is fat/protein. This works well for me but sometimes I might be buisy and eat all calories in one or two meals but three seems to work best.

Usual day on a Recomp.

12 two sandwiches with 8 oz Black Forest ham.

Post workout. 32 oz egg white and 32 oz sweet potatoes

8 1.25 lbs of beef 88 percent leans, some nuts, and fill up on spinache.

Also once or twice a week I'll substitute two cups of pancake mix with 1/4 cup low carb syrup instead of sweet potatoes. But usual carb source is sweet or red skin potatoes.as far as suppressing appetite ephedrine/caffeine/ Nicorette crushes appetite. Don't need it anymore but was good when cutting hard.

(1) Do you use time windows for both fasting and feasting components, and if so, what are they?

I am pretty loose with my window and I have adapted to just eating this way. I wake up fasted and train within a few hours of getting up. I sip on bcaa during my workout, along with some creatine and taurine. Postworkout I consume glutamine and then shortly thereafter begin feasting. I usually train around 12 and then eat a four egg omellete(greek yoghurt and steak diced in) with potatoes peppers and onions cooked in coconut oil. Then I make it until dinner time and have a large salad with vinegar/olive oil dressing and then some meat of some sort and then finish with some starches like rice. Fruit or chocolate for dessert - by the time I get to desert my stomach is really full from the meal and I have less potential for overindulging.

(2) Do you have particular caloric limits when you feast, or do you simply eat until satiated?

I just eat until I'm full, sometimes uncomfortably so. I'm feasting.

(3) Do you have particular macro targets when you feast, or do you find it sufficient to eat "clean" in amounts that satiate?

I try to eat leafy greens with vinegar, then meats, then whatever room is left I will indulge in some starch as a dessert or chocolate if I'm not really trying to work on leanness. For me it's the order in which I eat. Eating fibrous greens and then meats and fats and then after all that i feel less compelled to eat a lot of starch. I also feel less bloated and indigested when I split up my meal in such a way.

(4) With regard to "metabolic assistance," (if you feel comfortable sharing) what compounds and doses do you find provide an appropriate level of assistance while minimizing any potential negative health consequences? (I know from your prior posts that you are very health conscious, so I'd be curious as to your findings on this point.)

I tend to run gh releasing peptides and use 1-3iu of novolin. I used to use riptropin but haven't had any good gh since then. I'm keeping my TRT dose to 150mg test cyp. I use a lot of overall anti-inflammatory herbs such as curcumin, forskolin etc. I honestly don't know how well I would fair without the gh keeping fat loss going during the stretches of fasting. and the insulin isn't really about supersaturating and trying to bulk up. It's more about keeping glucose levels nice and steady, and it makes me feel better to use a low dose of it during the day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131