over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Checking bg before meals

JaredLinez

Registered
Newbies
Curious if anyone checks bg before their larger carb meals?

I usually just check in the morning, but was considering checking perhaps before my larger carb meals to see if I’m sitting in an optimal range like 80s.

no - it's just a feeling if the sugar is not too high between meals

besides, you don't have to have sugar 80 to optimally absorb the meal - I don't know where these stupid things came from
I’m assuming this feeling is just something you learn over time?

Never checked it before a meal but I've checked it several times after a meal to see what kinda of a insulin response I get from a specific meal and see how quickly my blood sugar comes back down

no - it's just a feeling if the sugar is not too high between meals

besides, you don't have to have sugar 80 to optimally absorb the meal - I don't know where these stupid things came from
I have my doubts that this method works for most. I know diabetics with 30+ years of living with their disease and even they dont make a good job at guessing their blood glucose levels by just feeling it. Not saying youre wrong but I dont think this is good advise for most.

Only time of the day I would take blood glucose readings is once in the morning when you wake up. If that reading is below 100 there is no need to fuck around with taking bg readings throughout the day.

Curious if anyone checks bg before their larger carb meals?

I usually just check in the morning, but was considering checking perhaps before my larger carb meals to see if I’m sitting in an optimal range like 80s.
I do. Especially if I need to eat a meal sooner after my last meal then I normally would. If BG is still over 90, I'll add 2-3iu of humalog, wait 10 minutes, then eat my next meal.
Over the long term, having a big meal while your blood glucose is still high is a recipe for getting fat.
Very few people can actually Guage their blood sugar level at any given time.
I think it's a smart practice for most people. I learned this method from Phil Viz years ago.

I do. Especially if I need to eat a meal sooner after my last meal then I normally would. If BG is still over 90, I'll add 2-3iu of humalog, wait 10 minutes, then eat my next meal.
Over the long term, having a big meal while your blood glucose is still high is a recipe for getting fat.
Very few people can actually Guage their blood sugar level at any given time.
I think it's a smart practice for most people. I learned this method from Phil Viz years ago.
Interesting. I have stayed away from slin as I felt it seemed very complicated and I would want a coach for it, but this seems like a pretty simple approach I could try implementing. I usually just fast a bit more before the meal to allow it to drop more.

I am not an insulin expert at all but i watched a good amount of videos of Justin Harris, which to me seems very well prepared, i noticed that he gives Humalog on high days every other meal and uses that usual 1iu/10g carbs.

Is that really needed to check blood glucose before every meal?

Justin has a simple but effective approach - he gives as much insulin as he can as long as he doesn't go into hypo - if hypoglycemia starts you go back on the dose a bit

you have to remember that he uses insulin to force growth and not to control sugar - then this approach is most effective
I am not an insulin expert at all but i watched a good amount of videos of Justin Harris, which to me seems very well prepared, i noticed that he gives Humalog on high days every other meal and uses that usual 1iu/10g carbs.

Is that really needed to check blood glucose before every meal?

I have generally found it a good idea to track what the body does throughout the day to get a sense of how things are working to be prudent.

exactly - the same as the level of e2 or prolactin after 15 years of steroid use without blood tests and you are able to determine where you are currently
Where do you like your bg to sit before eating again? I imagine by, say, meal 6 it’s hard to have it under 100 before a meal…

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws