over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cheereos as a carb source?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I read once on here where someone posted that he eats these as a carb source and they are just toasted oats (like oatmeal).

i tried googling and finding and reading a label but i dont see the ingredients listed, or it is so small i cant read on my computer :(

does anyone use these as a carb source? im assuming that it is not the same as oats (other things added) or it would be too good to be true, lol

Cheerios are more processed than oatmeal, but that won't stop me from eating half a box with raw milk in one sitting. :D

if it reacts well with your stomach as far as digestion and filling out/recovery i dont see why it cant be used.

my 0.02

Cheerios as carb source? Never heard of that before.. I thought it was good for lowering cholesterol.

Probably not the best choice since they are definitely more refined and sugary than oats and other grains. That said, however, my brother (also my training partner) eats about a box of Cheerios per day and it works just fine for him. Of course, he also eats about about a box of oreo cookies and a gallon of whole milk per day and hovers around 8% bodyfat year round. Bastard.

Very little added sugar, fair amount of salt if you eat lot. Processed. All in all, the nutritional profile is reasonable.

i think people get a misconseption on what processed is. there alot of differnt ways and variteies of something being "proceesed", imo there just as good. its not like comparing it to the cheap peter pan peanut butter with "processed hygrogenated oil"

honestly

i have never said this before but...
during last few weeks of contest prep a few years ago i was craving sugar SO BAD and wnated to cheat but was so close to show i felt i couldn't so instead i measured out how many SOUR STRAWS (i am almost addicted to those damn things) i could have to satisfy my carb requirment for a meal. if i remember right it was 6 sour straws equaled the amount of carbs of what i needed.
was it the healthiest choice? No.
are all carbs eventually turned into sugar? Yes.
was that the same exact amount of calories i would have gotten from a more nutritous food source? Yes.
so i did it and it didn't matter at all. not saying you can or should do that all the time just saying its not gonna kill you.
-JS

I used cheerios...

For my last prep! 1 cup w/ 6oz of fat free milk. And still managed to get shredded glutes! So they worked fine for me!

I ate one cup per day (dry). If you burn quickly it won't matter at all.

Eat in moderation or not at all.. Don't make them a staple of your diet.. The grain is heated and processed at very high temperatures which kills the nutrition that was originally in the grain. That is why they load cereals with additives (vitamins, fiber, etc.). On top of the poor processing, they add glutamates.. Glutamates are responsible for toxicity and deficiency in your cell membranes.. They are used in the food industry as flavor enhancers and are very addicting..

Eat in moderation or not at all.. Don't make them a staple of your diet.. The grain is heated and processed at very high temperatures which kills the nutrition that was originally in the grain. That is why they load cereals with additives (vitamins, fiber, etc.). On top of the poor processing, they add glutamates.. Glutamates are responsible for toxicity and deficiency in your cell membranes.. They are used in the food industry as flavor enhancers and are very addicting..

Thanks for that info on Glutamates. I'll do some research on that. Good to know, I always see that in the ingredients list of things.

Edit: I just read this link on MSG and glutamates and it seems to present the argument that glutamates in foods are fine to eat since the stomach utilizes most of it for energy, and it doesn't cross the Blood brain barrier very well.

**broken link removed**
Any opinion on this article? Keep in mind, I am just learning so I am interested to hear what you have to say about the studies he presented etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info on Glutamates. I'll do some research on that. Good to know, I always see that in the ingredients list of things.

Edit: I just read this link on MSG and glutamates and it seems to present the argument that glutamates in foods are fine to eat since the stomach utilizes most of it for energy, and it doesn't cross the Blood brain barrier very well.

**broken link removed**
Any opinion on this article? Keep in mind, I am just learning so I am interested to hear what you have to say about the studies he presented etc.

To be honest.. Im not a glutamate expert.. Just started researching its effects.. Yes.. They are present in protein powders and a ton of other products besides food.. (makeup, lotions, cleaning supplies, etc.) I can't say for a fact the quanitity needed to cause ill effects, but I personally would like to limit my exposure.. So i keep my toxicity to a minimum.. I think people who live off a ton of processed foods will run into issues.. If you eat alot of canned foods, pre-packaged foods, fast foods, diet drinks, frozen meals, and anything that has a long shelf life.. Then your in constant exposure.. Go for foods that spoil to encompass the majority of your diet (eggs, raw dairy, meats, fresh fruits and veggies, wild fish) and use your own spices and herbs instead of always buying prepackaged sauces/condiments/etc.... I was in a diner last week and asked for sea salt.. The waitress came back and just gave me packets of iodized salt:(.. I look on the packet and one of the ingredients was maltodextrin.. Why the hell would you need a preservative in a packet of salt??? Does the malto act as a flavor enhancer so the company can use less salt in their product?? It just amazes me how far we have moved ourselves away from real food..

To be honest.. Im not a glutamate expert.. Just started researching its effects.. Yes.. They are present in protein powders and a ton of other products besides food.. (makeup, lotions, cleaning supplies, etc.) I can't say for a fact the quanitity needed to cause ill effects, but I personally would like to limit my exposure.. So i keep my toxicity to a minimum.. I think people who live off a ton of processed foods will run into issues.. If you eat alot of canned foods, pre-packaged foods, fast foods, diet drinks, frozen meals, and anything that has a long shelf life.. Then your in constant exposure.. Go for foods that spoil to encompass the majority of your diet (eggs, raw dairy, meats, fresh fruits and veggies, wild fish) and use your own spices and herbs instead of always buying prepackaged sauces/condiments/etc.... I was in a diner last week and asked for sea salt.. The waitress came back and just gave me packets of iodized salt:(.. I look on the packet and one of the ingredients was maltodextrin.. Why the hell would you need a preservative in a packet of salt??? Does the malto act as a flavor enhancer so the company can use less salt in their product?? It just amazes me how far we have moved ourselves away from real food..

I agree 110%. Besides, I don't want to put myself in a position where 15 years down the road some startling new research comes out that an "other ingredient" we commonly ate leads to some crazy complication or ailment down the line.

It annoys me that free range eggs cost $3+ per dozen when regular eggs are a $1, and same with meats.

In a perfect life, the good foods would cost the same as the processed junk food. Can only wish.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131