over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheescake Factory

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
im sure a bunch of you guys have been there. the food is decent, but last night i went there with my family for a special occasion. normally i try to eat out as little as possible because i prefer home cooked meals, its cheaper, and healthier. so anyway when i do treat myself once in a blue moon i try not to worry about the nutritional value of what im eating. apparently a new law requires this restaurant and others like it to list the calories next to every menu item. most of their main dishes were 2000+ calories and there were certainly none that i saw under 1300-1500. i find this to be a big turn off and honestly when i saw that it made me not want to order. i did get something because i was there for my family, however i think it is wrong that because a few people cannot control themselves when it comes to eating that others have to have the enjoyment taken out of their experience. does anyone else agree or am i just being sensitive lol?

im sure a bunch of you guys have been there. the food is decent, but last night i went there with my family for a special occasion. normally i try to eat out as little as possible because i prefer home cooked meals, its cheaper, and healthier. so anyway when i do treat myself once in a blue moon i try not to worry about the nutritional value of what im eating. apparently a new law requires this restaurant and others like it to list the calories next to every menu item. most of their main dishes were 2000+ calories and there were certainly none that i saw under 1300-1500. i find this to be a big turn off and honestly when i saw that it made me not want to order. i did get something because i was there for my family, however i think it is wrong that because a few people cannot control themselves when it comes to eating that others have to have the enjoyment taken out of their experience. does anyone else agree or am i just being sensitive lol?

Cheesecake Factory is well known for having one of the highest calorie menus of any restaurant.

There are plenty of people in America who can eat whatever they want, and not get fat. These people should not be punished just because the rest of America is fat.

Also, The Cheesecake Factory's portions are HUGE. Most menu items could be split between two guest, effectively halving the calorie consumption of each person.

Cheesecake Factory does offer some low-calorie options, but granted that portion of the menu isn't very big.

It sounds like next time you should either decline going, suggest somewhere else to eat, or not worry about it.

Last edited:

No. Don't agree with you. If you don't like it, don't eat it.

I rarely go there, but if I do, my wife and I split one entree. There is nothing wrong with pigging out every once in awhile. I spend 6 days a week in the gym and eat clean 85% of the time. If I want to eat crazy once in awhile then who cares. Once again, you don't like it go somewhere else.

It's so easy to see how all of America is obese when you go out to eat.

Lots of families go out to eat 3, 4, 5 times a week, and they fill their pantry with fucking Oreo Cakesters and chips.

Ever go to Outback Steakhouse? The Blooming Onion appetizer has over 2000 calories. And....honestly? I could eat one on my own. They're that fucking good.

I love it so much I even get the Bloomin' Burger right after I eat the blooming onion. :eek:

I feel like ass afterward though. Whole body feels so bloated/filled up with fluid. I eat there once every couple of months maybe. Eat clean at home 95%+ of the time.

I think you should enjoy the time with your family and not worry about one meal undoing weeks or months of dieting (unless youre in the home stretch or in your last week).

Welcome to government take over! Telling YOU what best for YOU and how to run YOUR life accodring to them! Soon they'll be telling you what toilet paper to wipe with! It is a big fat joke! (on a side note, even if the menu said 2000cal's if i want it I'm eating it)

i got what i wanted and believe me i enjoyed it, my point is simply that i dont think it should be required to list the calorie count right on the menu. if its that big of a deal then keep that information in a pamphlet at the front desk, but on the menu it takes away from the meal.

i got what i wanted and believe me i enjoyed it, my point is simply that i dont think it should be required to list the calorie count right on the menu. if its that big of a deal then keep that information in a pamphlet at the front desk, but on the menu it takes away from the meal.

I think it is fantastic to have the calorie count with such easy access. Perhaps a small number of fat asses will take heed. For people like us, it is really a god send to know which meals I can split with my wife and which I could eat alone.

Last edited:
I think you should enjoy the time with your family and not worry about one meal undoing weeks or months of dieting (unless youre in the home stretch or in your last week).

Very good, point. Thy arent going to be around forever. Enjoy as much of the good time and company you can, worry about sticking to your diet when you really need to.

Have a steak/grilled chicken/salmon, potatoes and some steam broccoli then

I never have a problem finding healthy alternatives at any restaurant. Specifically talking about Cheesecake Factory, get the Energy Breakfast (Boneless/skinless chicken breast, scrambled egg whites & spinach) - tell them to hold the salt.

There are I think 4 states currently following this...can't remember which ones.

Really though, I agree with Sesshomaru! If i'm going to cheesecake factory, or anywhere like it, every now and then for a treat, especially with the family....I don't really give a shit those few occasional times of eating junk foods. Heck, just prepare yourself for the meal by doing some cardio and a depletion work-out before going if it is that much of a concern. One night of crap food every now and then isn't going to break you, or cause obesity.

BMJ

Welcome to government take over! Telling YOU what best for YOU and how to run YOUR life accodring to them! Soon they'll be telling you what toilet paper to wipe with! It is a big fat joke! (on a side note, even if the menu said 2000cal's if i want it I'm eating it)

i agree 100%

Sorry Scrapper, I think you were being alittle sensitive on this one. The CCF is a decent restaurant and they have a huuuge menu. Most of their entrees are enourmous and fat/carb heavy... but not all of them. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a steak somewhere on that 14 page menu!

Also... the quickest way to turn a 1500 calorie meal into a 750 calorie meal is.... eat half of it ;)

People don't understand us (diet and exercise).. thats why we're here on PM. I don't feel so bad making a few accomodations on the sly, in order to keep my family and social life.

it would be sushi for me they have a couple kinds and one is with wasabi sauce. Nothing wrong with some sushi and water.:)

Had the Lemon Herb Chicken last night...SO GOOD! Ate every last bit..For those who haven't had it it's basically a half rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes drizzled with an amazing lemon herb gravy..one word..BUTTER! Next time I'm going to get the Ahi Carpaccio app and Steak Diane dinner..cannot wait

I agree 100%. The crowd thats in washington now doesnt think us "little people" have enough sense to tie our shoes let alone make decent nutritional choices.

I dont need anyonr telling me how to eat, to wear my seatbelt, buy health insurance, wipe my ass, etc

From cradle to grave brother, from cradle to grave.

BC

I agree 100%. The crowd thats in washington now doesnt think us "little people" have enough sense to tie our shoes let alone make decent nutritional choices.

I dont need anyonr telling me how to eat, to wear my seatbelt, buy health insurance, wipe my ass, etc

From cradle to grave brother, from cradle to grave.

BC

You guys and this government stuff has me scratching my head. They are making the resturant give you accurate information about the food your going to eat, and that is controling you?

I agree with putting the cal. count in the menu, I like knowing more about what I'm eating. We're bodybuilders, don't we want to know these things? Plus the obese people definately need to know that it's their own fault if they make the choice to eat a surplus of calories.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws