over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest-- Am I overtraining?

It's across the board.
For example...
I only do 3-4 sets for back.

wouldnt do it all in the same workout, but spread out through the week would work very well.

John defendis

Am sure John defendis would approve as he does at least 35 to 50 sets for chest

well . . .

There's a reason almost no one does 28 sets for chest. AGREED I also think you already know the answer to your question.

Either that or you have never read a single bodybuilding publication A GOOD THING and have almost no contact with other bodybuilders. ANOTHER GOOD THING I doubt the latter is the case.

See bolded above^

A never train my chest directly, have not for over 15 years, it only gets stimulated
as a function of doing weighted dips (for my triceps), oh, maybe once every 10 days.
And my chest development has not suffered, on the contrary, has never been better.

Go figure.

What the fuck...

I rarely do more than 12-15 sets in a workout. Let alone for one part.

See bolded above^

A never train my chest directly, have not for over 15 years, it only gets stimulated
as a function of doing weighted dips (for my triceps), oh, maybe once every 10 days.
And my chest development has not suffered, on the contrary, has never been better.

Go figure.

Genetics

See bolded above^

Go figure.

This would definitely work for everybody

Odd...the biggest guys I know have a similar workout. They can't lift as much by the forth exercise but still.
I love when smaller guys talk about doing less and still gaining. Now if you're not getting stronger, that's a problem. If you're chest isnt getting bigger, that's a problem.

I love high Volume....Its Like A work ethic thing.
I could never do 3-4 sets and call it a Workout! That's more weight lifting than Body building.
Now, again I take longer breaks at 1st then pick up the momentum.
Most of my Total sets are more like Dropsets!
1 long set with 30 seconds rest X 4 - 8 sets of 3-4 exercises.

Last edited:
I've always been what I thought to be a higher volume guy, but 28 sets seems excessive and most importantly YOU are not getting the results you want. If you were growing then stay at it, but since you are not it is the answer to your question. I do 20 sets for chest, legs and back. 12 sets for bis and tris. About 18-20 sets for shoulders including rear delts and traps. Another factor is you are doing so much without the supplementation most of us take. 28 sets with "help" is much different than 28 sets without when it comes to recovery. Id back off by at least 8 sets, probably cut it in half and see what happens.

I've always been what I thought to be a higher volume guy, but 28 sets seems excessive and most importantly YOU are not getting the results you want. If you were growing then stay at it, but since you are not it is the answer to your question. I do 20 sets for chest, legs and back. 12 sets for bis and tris. About 18-20 sets for shoulders including rear delts and traps. Another factor is you are doing so much without the supplementation most of us take. 28 sets with "help" is much different than 28 sets without when it comes to recovery. Id back off by at least 8 sets, probably cut it in half and see what happens.

How many of these sets are to failure? Are these all working sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me
3x hammer curl
3x rope tri extension
3xone arm cable curl
3x one arm tri extension
3x upright row (bar waist to teeth)
3x standing skull crushed
1x pull ups to failure
1x chinups to failure

Bumped from 3 years ago...fun to see so many "banned" names and ghosts of PM past on here lol :D

How many of these sets are to failure? Are these all working sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every set is a working set to failure. A lot of volume. Ive trained this way since I was 12 years old. Now at 43 the pain and injuries have caught up to me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131