over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest and Delts trained together

If you would be so kind, what would a back routine look like then?

Always under 10 sets per muscle? Any good articles on this type of training? Thanks

Exactly. 45 minutes you should be golden. Take each set to failure, and only take short rests between sets. You will be a believer[/QUOTE

You don't need to take EVERY set to failure. Leaving 1 or 2 in the tank on the bigger movements is okay. Your CNS will thank you later :D

Exactly. 45 minutes you should be golden. Take each set to failure, and only take short rests between sets. You will be a believer[/QUOTE

You don't need to take EVERY set to failure. Leaving 1 or 2 in the tank on the bigger movements is okay. Your CNS will thank you later :D

Well what I do is take a week or two off from heavy lifting/failure training when I feel I need it. Also sometimes I will up my rep range on the first set from 6-9 to 12-15. Going to failure with 12 reps is not so taxing on the CNS.

If you would be so kind, what would a back routine look like then?

Always under 10 sets per muscle? Any good articles on this type of training? Thanks

I would pick a good width and a good thickness move and do each for 3-5 sets,or do two thickness exercises for 3 sets or something like that.

SO like:
Close grip Pulldowns 5 sets
barbell rows 3 sets
DB rows 3 sets
one set of seated cable rows 15-20 reps

Thanks!

So it's a 6 workouts a week split ? I'm guessing ?

Chest/delts/tris
Back/bis
Legs
Off
Repeat?

Thanks!

So it's a 6 workouts a week split ? I'm guessing ?

Chest/delts/tris
Back/bis
Legs
Off
Repeat?

I do a differnt split but yes. If you want legs too, you are going to have to paypal me some money...

I do chest with delt together with triceps...the only way for me to get those sore and progess.

i do chest monday and shoulders wednesday. i hit front delts a LOT via pressing movements on my chest day and come back on wed and only do 1 pressing movement (military press) then hit my delts from every other angle with lots of volume. there's no way i could incorporate chest and shoulders into the same workout and truly hit front/side/rear delts and traps without being in the gym for 2 hours.

i do chest monday and shoulders wednesday. i hit front delts a LOT via pressing movements on my chest day and come back on wed and only do 1 pressing movement (military press) then hit my delts from every other angle with lots of volume. there's no way i could incorporate chest and shoulders into the same workout and truly hit front/side/rear delts and traps without being in the gym for 2 hours.

Well, if you are happy with that..you're happy with that. If you want to improve, you are going to have to find a way to recover better and train more frequently.
I used to do the same thing....delts mon and chest thurs or fri.

I think it comes down to mental and genetic makeup...

I.E. - DC type training fits my mental/endurance makeup but isn't for everyone (I moved away as I got "older" and had old injuries act up). For others whose workload capacity and motivations differ, higher volume and/or training cohabiting "push" muscles together may work. Personally I like shoulders with back and chest with arms, twice a week, under 10 sets unless really feeling it then maaaaaybe 12.

I incorporate upright rows/side lat raises on my chest day. I also start shoulder day with incline bench press then move to db shoulder press/military standing.

Seems a decent amount of ppl train these together. But I feel as tho my delts don't get hit as hard when trained after chest. And I wouldn't want to train delts first, as chest is my weak point

Id like to train them together, for time constraint reasons. And I'm just looking for a new training split, a bit easier on the joints, and 3-4 days a week, still producing maximum growth.

Training is done after long days at work, of physical labor. My current 5 day split seems to be breaking me down too much, and takes time away from the home.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I personally wouldn't do it, even if u worked out twice a day, very sensitive accessory muscles for one another that are used, even tri's

Seems a decent amount of ppl train these together. But I feel as tho my delts don't get hit as hard when trained after chest. And I wouldn't want to train delts first, as chest is my weak point

Id like to train them together, for time constraint reasons. And I'm just looking for a new training split, a bit easier on the joints, and 3-4 days a week, still producing maximum growth.

Training is done after long days at work, of physical labor. My current 5 day split seems to be breaking me down too much, and takes time away from the home.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steep incline presses should hit chest and shoulders hard. Flys, db incline, laterals, bent over laterals.

Steep incline presses should hit chest and shoulders hard. Flys, db incline, laterals, bent over laterals.

Even minimal incline pressing hits my shoulders pretty hard. It primes them nicely for another overhead press later on.

I train chest/shoulders/triceps most of the time.
For chest - 2 pressing movements bb, db or machine and 1-2 flie movent if dieting add db polover at the end
For shoulders I do only front and side delts on this day so I pressing movement with bb or db or front raises if chest day was all barbell and side layerials with db or machine
For triceps I usually do finishing/shaping exercises with cables first then throw in dips or bb/db extensions at the end, 2-3 exercises, sometimes only 1 - cable pushdowns 4 sets 20 reps thats more than enough for a triceps if most of mine chest/shoulder workout was pressing movements

What I've found best for me is doing:
2 heavy sets in the 6 to 10 rep range and 3 exercises starting with a heavy compound movement then touching on side delts but having a heavy workout after chest and then touching up on bis/tris later in the week after the heavy day for them.

Sat- Bis/tris/lateral raise for around 3 sets 15 rep range
sun- Quads/hams/calves
mon- off
tues- Chest/delts/tris 3 sets in the 15 rep range
wed- off
thur- Back/3 sets of bis in the 15 rep range

this split has worked really well for me:

mon, chest, shoulder ( secondary tri day )
tues, back ( secondary bi day )
wed off
thurs, legs
fri, bis/tris (secondary shoulder and little chest)

by secondary I mean I am indirectly working the muscle, I do some form of dips for chest, which alond with pressing movements hit tris a bit. for back rowing hits bi's a bit.

Friday after my arm work which typically include dips or some kind of pressing movement like close or reverse grip ill do some light shoulder work followed by 1-3 sets oflight chest work, just enough to fill up with blood.

I do high volume now, which I have been doing for a few years after being strict DC for several years, really helps with avoiding injury as does using high reps.

rep ranges vary. when just starting it will be 3 sets of roughly 20-15-10 then as I progress this will switch to 5X20 then as I progress I will go back to 20-15-10 with heavier weight followed by 2 lighter sets 20-30.

typically 2 exercise per muscle group, back would be 2 for width and 2 for thickness. incorporating lots of rowing has helped my back quite a bit.

Well, if you are happy with that..you're happy with that. If you want to improve, you are going to have to find a way to recover better and train more frequently.
I used to do the same thing....delts mon and chest thurs or fri.

How would you suggest he moves forward?

Interested in this myself.

What's your split look like etc

I personally wouldn't do it, even if u worked out twice a day, very sensitive accessory muscles for one another that are used, even tri's

You seem to be the only one that thinks it's a bad idea. Care to elaborate ?

This is what I came up with and did-

Inc bench 4sets
Hammer machine press- 3 sets
Db fly 2 sets
Hammer delt press- 4 sets
Lateral raises- 3 sets

Next chest delt day will be

Flat bench 4 sets
Dips 3 sets
Inc flys 2 sets
Military press 4 sets
Upright rows 3 sets