over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest deformity - Pec implants

markluv11

Registered
I have a caved in chest (Pectus excavatum) and i've been working out for 6 years and made very little progress due to the skeletal shape of my chest because of the deformity. I was wondering if anyone has experience with pec implants. I don't want to limit my work outs. I was wondering how having them would effect my work outs. Also if anyone has had them are they happy with them? Any input would be nice.

Ps. Please refrain from criticism with my interest to get pec implants. I'm not taking the easy way out. I've gained 90 lbs since i've started working out. I'm 6'7 240. I've spent a long time in the gym and have made a lot of progress. I just cant make much progress on my chest because of the way i was born.

Is there a way that they can change the shape of your chest, to me that would be a better answer. Are the muscles irregular shaped as well because of the shape of your chest? I wouldnt think implants would interfere with anything, but would it even correct the shape of your chest if the ribs and sternum are shaped irregular?

Implants would just sit under your pectoralis muscles and shouldnt intervere with anything, some breast implants go under the muscle I know.

The muscles I wouldn't say are irregular shaped. The sternum grew inward instead of straight which pulls the middle of my chest inward. The result of that it pulls my inner pecs in as well. I have a big outer chest and the more i work out chest the bigger the outer chest gets and deeper the deformity is. Hope this makes sense and gives you more of a visual.

Also - I've already had surgery with the attempt to correct the skeletal shape and I'm not satisfied with the results.

The muscles I wouldn't say are irregular shaped. The sternum grew inward instead of straight which pulls the middle of my chest inward. The result of that it pulls my inner pecs in as well. I have a big outer chest and the more i work out chest the bigger the outer chest gets and deeper the deformity is. Hope this makes sense and gives you more of a visual.

Also - I've already had surgery with the attempt to correct the skeletal shape and I'm not satisfied with the results.

Sorry to hear about your medical condition. I would talk to a plastic surgeon and see what they say, I doubt anyone on here can help much. Is that a pretty rare condition? ive heard of it but never knew anyone that has it. I hope everything works out in the end.

Wow, 6' 7" is really tall, is your height in any way related to the chest condition?

I have a caved in chest (Pectus excavatum) and i've been working out for 6 years and made very little progress due to the skeletal shape of my chest because of the deformity. I was wondering if anyone has experience with pec implants. I don't want to limit my work outs. I was wondering how having them would effect my work outs. Also if anyone has had them are they happy with them? Any input would be nice.

Ps. Please refrain from criticism with my interest to get pec implants. I'm not taking the easy way out. I've gained 90 lbs since i've started working out. I'm 6'7 240. I've spent a long time in the gym and have made a lot of progress. I just cant make much progress on my chest because of the way i was born.

Atleast you can take pride in the fact that even with a deformity of some sorts, since you are working out and taking care of your body where you can, you still likely look better than 95% of the people in this world

I dont think ur chest is going in but rather yourpecs are getting bigger an making ur deformality look deeper. If thats thecase i suspect that when you get pec implants that it wil do the same bc it just makes the muscle appear larger. Is this not correct?

Atleast you can take pride in the fact that even with a deformity of some sorts, since you are working out and taking care of your body where you can, you still likely look better than 95% of the people in this world

I second that notion. You should be damn proud of what you have accomplished. There are others on here with medical problems that strive to succeed too, and its a great testament to just how powerful the human will can be. We have a member on here, I forget his name, that has some sort of brittle bone disease and yet he has succeeded in building a physique better than 98% of men his age, all of his doctors told him that he couldnt do it! I hope he sees this thread.
Keep on keepin on. Talk to some plastic surgeons and see what they say. Maybe you could find another surgeon to redo the previous surgery that didnt meet your epectations?

do you have any pics man. A lot of times i have seen people with pectus be paranoid and in reality it doesnt even look THAT bad. Trust me, you are much more worried about it then anybody else. In terms of implants, WHat implant can they possibly put there. none that i know off.
Surgery was your best option but you wernt happy with the results.

I would first speak to a surgeon. If i understand correctly the concavity is due to the shape of the ribcage. I am unsure if this can be surgically corrected. If it can not, the attachment points of muscle around where the pec meets the shoulder may create an illusion that makes it look more pronounced than it is, so implants MIGHT be a bad idea. Some plastic surgeons are almost miracle workers and could better advise you than anyone here can. If the implants can solve the issue and give you the look you desire there should be no problem with training after you recover. It seems to be that the first question is cane the issue be solved with cosmetics or will that exascerbate the problem...

Either way, good luck in finding a solution your happy with and keep us posted. I have never read a thread about this and you putting your situation out there like this may help many in the future with a similar codition.

My niece has a similar problem, only hers was caused by trauma when she was born. She has seen several doctors, and the only two remedies she has been offered was a semi hard plastic plate in the shape of what her sternum should be like, or to break her bones, reshape and have them heal like they are supposed to look, the latter was what was more recommended.

Last edited:
I've also got Pectus and am currently saving for surgery

The best option is imo the ravitch procedure followed by the nuss procedure

In the ravitch procedure they completely reshape the rib attachments onto the sternum

and in the nuss procedure is less invasive where they put two metal bars under the ribs and then a pole between them to force the sternum out and then leave the bars there for 3-5years

The advantages of the nuss procedure is its less invasive but there's a small risk of the chest recollapsing after they remove the bars where as in the ravitch procedure there's no chance of it recollapsing but the recovery is longer and more risks during surgery

These two surgical options are superior to the implant option as they correct other issues as well.

Ie give you more room for your heart and lungs and also in correcting the shape of the rib cage will allow to transfer force correctly through the rib cage giving you the potential for better pressing perfromance.

my friend has the same thing youur chest is inward your chest plates right yeah see if they can straiting them out first bro it will set you back awhile but you will build better bro thats all i know instead of implants cause you will still have the plates of your chest facing inward do you get what i'm saying ?

I've also got Pectus and am currently saving for surgery

The best option is imo the ravitch procedure followed by the nuss procedure

In the ravitch procedure they completely reshape the rib attachments onto the sternum

and in the nuss procedure is less invasive where they put two metal bars under the ribs and then a pole between them to force the sternum out and then leave the bars there for 3-5years

The advantages of the nuss procedure is its less invasive but there's a small risk of the chest recollapsing after they remove the bars where as in the ravitch procedure there's no chance of it recollapsing but the recovery is longer and more risks during surgery

These two surgical options are superior to the implant option as they correct other issues as well.

Ie give you more room for your heart and lungs and also in correcting the shape of the rib cage will allow to transfer force correctly through the rib cage giving you the potential for better pressing perfromance.
what this guy said he has the proper trems i just know what you mean and what to get done i said it in lamans terms lol he knows like i said it will fix the problem

Thank you everyone for your post. I value each and everyone of your guys input. I do not want to have anymore corrective surgeries as it takes you out of the gym for a very long time. My corrective surgery was very successful in correcting my deformity compared to the way it was initially.

Someone mentioned the implants may make the deformity look worse which is possible. I have found a very experienced surgeon that performs they surgeries every week multiple times a week which means he seen it all and he is a perfectionist. I plan to ask him them question along with 23 other questions i have wrote up for him. You can see his website and some of his work from the link. Before & After Pictures Photos Gallery - Aventura Center for Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Restoration - Aventura, Miami, FL

I have uploaded two pics for you guys to get a visual. I've had two surgeries already to correct the deformity and it put me out of service for 8 months and cost about half a million dollars. I was able to get my insurance to cover this surgery thank God lol. The first surgery was to correct the deformity and the 2nd surgery was to remove the hardware from the first surgery.

Attachments

• DSC_0056_2.jpg
    DSC_0056_2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,963
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5,610
Well, I was born with the left side like that, but the right side normal. So I looked wonky all through growing up and embarassed to take my top off in public.
Building up a shit load of muscle makes it so people don't notice it anymore. Judges never picked it up on stage, that's how much muscle mass can cover it up (my left side of the ribcage looks exactly like in the pic above). But I can't do a left sided side chest pose as it looks retarted and then you can see it. But only the preffered side is asked for on stage ;)

BTW, having the ribcage the way I had it, made me always very aware of the way other people's ribcages looked like when they were topless, and I'll tell you - a ton of people have it that way. And I was jealous of them, as at least with both sides like that, it looked way more normal than the way I did.

I've got the same issue with my rib cage and it's always been a pain in the ass and I'm very aware of it but I went to a show back in 2009 and there was a uk guy who was huge (can't remember his name so someone might want to chime in) that had the same thing but seemed to be doing quite well on the circuit

Thank you everyone for your post. I value each and everyone of your guys input. I do not want to have anymore corrective surgeries as it takes you out of the gym for a very long time. My corrective surgery was very successful in correcting my deformity compared to the way it was initially.

Someone mentioned the implants may make the deformity look worse which is possible. I have found a very experienced surgeon that performs they surgeries every week multiple times a week which means he seen it all and he is a perfectionist. I plan to ask him them question along with 23 other questions i have wrote up for him. You can see his website and some of his work from the link. Before & After Pictures Photos Gallery - Aventura Center for Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Restoration - Aventura, Miami, FL

I have uploaded two pics for you guys to get a visual. I've had two surgeries already to correct the deformity and it put me out of service for 8 months and cost about half a million dollars. I was able to get my insurance to cover this surgery thank God lol. The first surgery was to correct the deformity and the 2nd surgery was to remove the hardware from the first surgery.

I would say this doesnt look bad at all. If you wanted to go to the next level m opinion would be that a good plastic surgeon could make it all but unnoticeable, especially if he had the ability to reform the pec implant to a certain extent so as to help even out the problem area.

Edit: Typing to fast, fix misspelled words

I would say this doesnt look bad at all. If you wanted to go to the next level m opinion would be that a good plastic surgeon could make it all but unnoticeable, especially if he had the ability to reform the pec implant to a certain extent so as to help even out the problem area.

Edit: Typing to fast, fix misspelled words

That's what I have been thinking as well. I have a consultation with a great plastic surgeon tuesday and plan to ask him about customizing the implant to fit my chest.

Like I was thinking bro, doesn't look bad at all.. Heck had u not mentioned I wouldn't even hVe noticed. I think what happens is when we r growing up an skinny we develop a complex. But trust me right now you look good (no homo).
You should consider psychotherapy before considering something invasive.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear