over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest lagging bodypart

i been doing 10-15 work sets of low volume high weight and my chest has been growing the last few weeks. My chest day looks like this

5x5 with the same weight

BB incline bench
DB flat bench
DB or BB shoulder press
dips

i been doing 10-15 work sets of low volume

10 -15 sets isn't what most here would consider low volume. Maybe instead you mean low frequency?

When considering maximum intensity - depending on the individual - an advanced lifter will get approx. 80% of achievable results (all other factors being equal) from the first 2 working sets per bodypart. In my experience, if one trains with "balls to the wall" intensity - 6 sets would be an absolute maximum that I could recover from in 96 hours. I actually grow best on 4-5 working sets.
My theory is that the "train one bodypart per day" routine came about as a way to allow members of Overtrainers Anonymus a full week to try and recuperate from the 37 sets of chest they did on Monday. Problem is - you only get 4, possibly 5 workouts per bodypart in a month. Not enough stimulation IMO.

I'm not here to say anyone's program is wrong. If you are not getting results, something needs to be changed. More is not better...

10 -15 sets isn't what most here would consider low volume. Maybe instead you mean low frequency?

When considering maximum intensity - depending on the individual - an advanced lifter will get approx. 80% of achievable results (all other factors being equal) from the first 2 working sets per bodypart. In my experience, if one trains with "balls to the wall" intensity - 6 sets would be an absolute maximum that I could recover from in 96 hours. I actually grow best on 4-5 working sets.
My theory is that the "train one bodypart per day" routine came about as a way to allow members of Overtrainers Anonymus a full week to try and recuperate from the 37 sets of chest they did on Monday. Problem is - you only get 4, possibly 5 workouts per bodypart in a month. Not enough stimulation IMO.

I'm not here to say anyone's program is wrong. If you are not getting results, something needs to be changed. More is not better...

yes i meant low frequency. I do that once a week, each week adding more weight

Correct me if I am wrong:
I am going to incrdease the amaont of times I do each bidy part each week from once to twice
But instead of performing 12 sets, 4 exercises, for chest I will do 6 sets, 2 exercises twice a wee
Back- no longer 12-15 sets once a week, 4 exercises but 2 exercises 6-7 sets twice a week
Legs no longer 12- 15 sets 4 exercises once a week but 6-7 2 exercises twice a week
shoulders non longer 12 -14 sets 4 exercises once a week but 6-7 sets 2 exercises twice a week
and for arms no longer two exercises consisiting of 8 reps once a week but once exercise 4 reps once a week
am I correct?

chest is actually one of my weak points in my physique as weell. I have a great press incline 355 for 4 reps but u wouldnt be able to tell by the size of my chest. But i thinks its cuz my shoulders take ova during most of the lift and those are my best and strongest bodypart. But erecently i started changin my program and do a fly then a press a fly press fly press and actually have seen improvement in y chest. obviously my press poundages arent as high as they use to be when i pressed first buut the look of my chest is gettin better now. So thats a suggwestion. But remember wut works for one person may not work foer u. Just try different things and tweak stuff one thing at a time and be patient. Do not rush things and good luck

Guys/Gals
do you feel it is effective to train the lagging bodypart, in my case chest, twice as often as the other bodyparts?
thank you
PBJ

You need to make your pecs priority in your training routine. You dont have to train more days but you can step up the intensity of your chest workouts and experiment with a variety of exercise.

Correct me if I am wrong:
I am going to incrdease the amaont of times I do each bidy part each week from once to twice
But instead of performing 12 sets, 4 exercises, for chest I will do 6 sets, 2 exercises twice a wee
Back- no longer 12-15 sets once a week, 4 exercises but 2 exercises 6-7 sets twice a week
Legs no longer 12- 15 sets 4 exercises once a week but 6-7 2 exercises twice a week
shoulders non longer 12 -14 sets 4 exercises once a week but 6-7 sets 2 exercises twice a week
and for arms no longer two exercises consisiting of 8 reps once a week but once exercise 4 reps once a week
am I correct?

You only need 1 exercise per bodypart done twice a week. Day 1- 5 sets declines, chest day 2 5 sets of declines.

Beck would be lets say day 1 5 sets HS lat pull down, 5 sets cable row, back day 2 you just repeat day 1.

I wouldnt particularry choose those exercises for back but you see where im going with it.

its all about form bro.i bet you have killer tris right? well if so re evaluate your chest training form.get those elbows out remember like a bow.add push ups and supersets with a drop in weight each time.hope this helps also listen to johnnysmiles on your split.peace

You only need 1 exercise per bodypart done twice a week. Day 1- 5 sets declines, chest day 2 5 sets of declines.

Beck would be lets say day 1 5 sets HS lat pull down, 5 sets cable row, back day 2 you just repeat day 1.

I wouldnt particularry choose those exercises for back but you see where im going with it.

Day 1
Chest decline bench 5 working sets
biceps 4 barbell curls working sets
Day 2
Back barbell rows 5 working sets
5 sets shrugs
Legs 5 working sets leg presses
Day 3
Shoulders 5 working sets standing barbell presses
5 sets lateral raises
Triceps 4 working sets skull crushers
Day 4
rest - abs and calves and cardio
Day 5
Chest barbell presses 5 workkng sets
Biceps 4 sets hammer curls
Day 6
Back 5 working sets pullups
5 sets pullyrows
Legs 5 sets squats
Day 7
shoulders rear delt lateral raises
5 sets arnold presses
Shoulders 4 sets pushdowns

So what do you think?
less volume but more frequency each week.
Thanks

tkav1980
johnny smiles?
anyone with feedback?

I have tried every exercise for chest......declines, inclines and flat press.....barbell, dumbbell......then I finally tried close grips on the smith machine......very nice results......not only hits the tris.....but also the inner pecs and actually the upper chest too......feeling fuller all the way up to the collar bone.......give it a whirl!!!

I have tried every exercise for chest......declines, inclines and flat press.....barbell, dumbbell......then I finally tried close grips on the smith machine......very nice results......not only hits the tris.....but also the inner pecs and actually the upper chest too......feeling fuller all the way up to the collar bone.......give it a whirl!!!

thank you briskwalk
I do those for triceps
I think my chest post is morphing into a full workout routine change I am just waiting for the guidance of my two mentors

started tonight
chest and shoulders
3 working sets of flat barbell press and 3 working sets of decline barbell press
3 working sets of standing barbell presses and 3 working sets of rear delt dumbell raises
tomorrow day 2
back and arms
day 3
legs, calves

i just stick to 2 excercises per workout and change the sets and reps everytime

normally, do two of the following:incline BB, decline BB, weighted dips and on rare occasion when i feel like doing dumbells ill do flat dbs.

PUSHUPS PUSHUPS
PUSHUPS DECLINE
PUSHUPS UPSIDE DOWN
DIAMOND PUSHUPS
PUSHUPS HELPED ME ALOT MIXED THEM INTO EVERY WORKOUT OR JUST DO IN MORNINGS TO WAKE UP

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131