over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest pain...Left side..

T TOTAL

Registered
Back in 2010 i was admitted to hospital as i had a pain in my chest and because having a blood it showed an enzyme present attributed to heart attack.
However..after 4days and numerous tests...all turned out 100% fine...no issues whatsoever in any way shape or form. The 2nd blood test taken within 12 hours showed the enzyme as gone...which initially left the Doctors scratching their heads as after a heart attack it would be present for a number of weeks....However as said...NO heart attack....

They put it down to a muscular skeletal tear in my pec and perhaps touching a nerve. And as for the enzyme...from muscle damage..ie the heart...we're a strange bunch who lift heavy weights they said and damage muscle..haha.

Now my question is...as i sit here on an evening...i still have this pain in my chest..sort of mid pec. Never really notice it throughout the day, BP usually about 137-140/76...no shortness of breath or anything. Just this pain/ache whilst im sat relaxed....What the heck is it i wonder???:confused:

You know I've had a similar pain recently myself. Seems as if it's my sternum tho. I noticed when pushing there(sternum) it would slightly hurt. I'm guessing this could be from really taxing the chest, just strange to me. Sorry if that doesn't help, thought I'd share though

Could be a bit of anxiety at this point as your now extra sensitive to the area. Plus, with the things we do to our bodies we can get our minds going.
I have some issues with this and a good "heart busting" cardio session puts my mind at ease.
The advice that I have had from medical professionals is that if it was a heart attack there would not be a doubt.

Dont fuck around. Go to the ER.

Could be a bit of anxiety at this point as your now extra sensitive to the area. Plus, with the things we do to our bodies we can get our minds going.
I have some issues with this and a good "heart busting" cardio session puts my mind at ease.
The advice that I have had from medical professionals is that if it was a heart attack there would not be a doubt.

Unsure about the tbh as the Coronary care doctors said as id had no real pain/pain/issue...that it may of been a 'silent;' heart attack a week or so earlier...But as said...No heart attack and NO issues with the heart in anyway.

In response to the replies of going to ER etc...my point being..this is the ache i had in 2010 when i went to hospital and was in for 4 days as said..NO heart problems...100% confirmed...I was just curious why every now and again and almost only as im sat relaxed in front of the TV on an evening i feel this ache...At no time in training..weights or cardio is there any discomfort, pain, shortness of breath...NOTHING whatsoever...

Just curious as to what...All that being said, i am going to go and ask a Dr still....

Couple of thoughts.

While chest pain is not something you should ignore, I'd pay more close attention if that pain moved to your left shoulder/left arm area, then it would be a clear indicator something's amiss with your heart.

Chest pain could also mean there's something going on with your lungs, do you feel a shortness of breath or some moderate discomfort when you suck your air in ? EDIT: Nevermind this, just read your post above

Third, such enzyme could be released by stress or muscle fatigue (which explains the pec-tear theory, I guess.) Do you know or did they tell you what that specific enzyme was called ?

Fourth, what's your chest pressing technique like ? Might sound silly, but a while back I did paused inclines, all the way down and pausing on my upper pec, and afterwards my whole sternum area was simply burning, to the point where I thought something was wrong with my heart.

But bottom line and common sense would dictate you should seek a physician, just to be on the safe side :)

Last edited:
Unsure about the tbh as the Coronary care doctors said as id had no real pain/pain/issue...that it may of been a 'silent;' heart attack a week or so earlier...But as said...No heart attack and NO issues with the heart in anyway.

In response to the replies of going to ER etc...my point being..this is the ache i had in 2010 when i went to hospital and was in for 4 days as said..NO heart problems...100% confirmed...I was just curious why every now and again and almost only as im sat relaxed in front of the TV on an evening i feel this ache...At no time in training..weights or cardio is there any discomfort, pain, shortness of breath...NOTHING whatsoever...

Just curious as to what...All that being said, i am going to go and ask a Dr still....

If this happens when you sitting in front of the TV make note of your posture at the time.
Also make sure that you don't have heartburn.

Couple of thoughts.

While chest pain is not something you should ignore, I'd pay more close attention if that pain moved to your left shoulder/left arm area, then it would be a clear indicator something's amiss with your heart.

Chest pain could also mean there's something going on with your lungs, do you feel a shortness of breath or some moderate discomfort when you suck your air in ? EDIT: Nevermind this, just read your post above

Third, such enzyme could be released by stress or muscle fatigue (which explains the pec-tear theory, I guess.) Do you know or did they tell you what that specific enzyme was called ?

Fourth, what's your chest pressing technique like ? Might sound silly, but a while back I did paused inclines, all the way down and pausing on my upper pec, and afterwards my whole sternum area was simply burning, to the point where I thought something was wrong with my heart.

But bottom line and common sense would dictate you should seek a physician, just to be on the safe side :)

Unfortunately i can't recall the name of the enzyme...Pressing technique been the same for many years...all the way down, 3/4s way up. Never any pain of any kind otherv than a good old pump, which was why i was a bit surprised they said a muscular skeletal tear....but deep within the pec. They mentioned probably near a nerve hence the achy feeling which was in the general left pec and felt in my bicep to. But.....ALL tests 100% perfect.

You could possibly have a rib out. My aunt is a nurse and said people can sometimes have pain similar to a heart attack if a rib is slightly off. And since it seems to flare up when you are sitting, that would be my guess.

If this happens when you sitting in front of the TV make note of your posture at the time.
Also make sure that you don't have heartburn.

Just a general relaxed sitting posture. At gym today..no ache present that i was aware of, busy at work and much the same. However had some down time at work and again relaxed and the ache there.
One point ive noticed upon reflection...unless im over analysing it, is that it seems to be present when im well in to my diet, ie almost stage ready. I say this as when i was admitted to hospital back in 2010...but giving the all clear...I was 6 weeks out from competing.

And now ive been dieting and more or less stage ready, despite doing it just for fun and i hadnt exactly had it much, if at all since 2010...maybe just on occasion as i dropped some bulk for a holiday....So im kind of wonder is it somehow related to that....lack of body fat or something around scar tissue from the muscular skeletal tear.

nope..no heart burn...don't think ive ever actually had it to be honest..

So as you can see,i really don't have any other indicators of a heart issue, other than an ache at rest...

Last edited:
You could possibly have a rib out. My aunt is a nurse and said people can sometimes have pain similar to a heart attack if a rib is slightly off. And since it seems to flare up when you are sitting, that would be my guess.

Interesting...but don't think so as no sharp pain at any time and its more up in the actual mid pec really

This was my thoughts, as well as possibly a fractured rib that never healed properly?

Unfortunately i can't recall the name of the enzyme...Pressing technique been the same for many years...all the way down, 3/4s way up. Never any pain of any kind otherv than a good old pump, which was why i was a bit surprised they said a muscular skeletal tear....but deep within the pec. They mentioned probably near a nerve hence the achy feeling which was in the general left pec and felt in my bicep to. But.....ALL tests 100% perfect.

I would suspect the test was a Cardiac troponin T and l test.

This was my thoughts, as well as possibly a fractured rib that never healed properly?

I would suspect the test was a Cardiac troponin T and l test.

Well i was in for 4 days...blood tests each day. Permanently wired to an ECG machine and blood pressure monitor to...I can't emphasize enough that all was perfect from the day i was admitted. They only admitted me as upon walking in and mentioning the ache, they took blood and the result had the enzyme which indicates hearty attack. As said though..from the 2nd blood test...GONE.
Also done a tread mill test to check heart rate and recovery. Ended up having to stop me as i was beyond their fitness levels they normally deal with within the heart ward...so again, No concerns from them there.

The only test they said they didnt do and would only do if one of the other tests was off, was an anuergram ( sp ) or something. Basically, i believe they put a dye or something in your artery down in the groin region. But apparently its not pleasant and carries risks, hence only doing if a test is off somehow.
The surgeon/Doctor basically said iv had a complete overhaul..haha..

Funny tale though...he sent the pharmacist to have a word with me. She was short and clearly over weight and out of breath having climbed stairs to the ward.
She tried lecturing me and told me of 2..yes 2 people she called bodybuilders who she was involved with on the cardiology ward who had heart issues. I tried to clarify if actual ' bodybuilder' or regular gym rats to ascertain their level. I also asked if recreational drugs were involved...she could not say for sure. I clarified only 2 bodybuilder and asked her how long she worked on the ward....Answer...5 years. I then asked how many people she seen on the ward with heart issues...straight back with an answer...THOUSANDS....Then the penny dropped with her what i was getting at. So i asked which group should i fall in for away of life..the 2 bodybuilders...or the thousands of....dare i say normal people...Answer...point taken.

I didnt want to be cheeky but i had to say to her with all due respect, you sit here trying to lecture me, yet ive just been given a 100% clean bill of health...and to be fair....you probably have more to be concerned about...which fortunately she accepted....

Also for a confidence boost...one of the junior doctors on the ward came back an hour or so after speaking to me and asked for the correct spelling of sustanon as he didnt know what it was and couldnt find it in a search...wtf...So pleased was the junior Doctor...I did ask if he was for real and he says they only touched briefly on anabolics on his course:banghead:

I had the same thing two months ago, went to the doctor and had ekg and stress test, plus xray of my lungs, all good no problem whatsoever...but I was still having the burning sensation in the middle of my left pec and not nearer to the sternum like a heart attack, then a remember that I had reduce my carbs and I was taking carnivor beef protein, I started eating carbs again and stop the protein powder and it went away...

I had the same thing two months ago, went to the doctor and had ekg and stress test, plus xray of my lungs, all good no problem whatsoever...but I was still having the burning sensation in the middle of my left pec and not nearer to the sternum like a heart attack, then a remember that I had reduce my carbs and I was taking carnivor beef protein, I started eating carbs again and stop the protein powder and it went away...

This kind of ties in with what i was saying about it being noticeable when well in to my diet on relatively low carbs.
Just come back from a beasting of a legs session...no ache,pain, shortness of breath or ANYTHING out of the norm...Back at home sitting relaxed typing this...and there it is...an ache...thats all, just an ache...an annoying presence and purely only disturbing and concerning due to it being on my left pec...no doubt if it was on my right side, i wouldnt give it a 2nd thought.:confused:

Was your troponin elevated?
How old are you?
Family history of heart attack?
Have you had an angiogram done?
Stress test?
how's the rest of your labs? D-dimer?
Do you have an abnormal heart rhythm ? What did your EKG say?
Have you had an echocardiogram?

these questions are all relevant to your case..
Read on stable angina vs unstable angina
Read on costochondritis.
It's not necessary for the pain to radiate to your shoulders, jaw or back to be having a heart attack. Alot of patients will have SOB, sweating, severe chest tightness and pressure...

Go get checked bro, it's not something you want to ignore.

Well despite ache being reasonably mild and same as was when went to hospital few year ago, i decided to go to the ER today due to it being on my mind and family having history of heart problems later in life...Complete different lifestyle by them though...fatty foods and alcohol in their era.

BP wasa bit elevated...but to be fair i had a leg session 3hours earlier and id more or less had it checked as i walked in so i expected to be elevated and perhaps bit anxiety/white coat syndrome.

Got wired up to ECG machine...and as kind of expected really....NO abnormalities noted whatsoever...not even increase in heart size.

Without me telling him of previous diagnosis of a muscular skeletal tear, he suspected some sort of pec muscle swelling/inflammation etc. I then told him diagnosis from last time and he agreed very likely. Asked why coming on now, he asked if i was normally this lean ( my last week of long diet/cut ) as he thinks the lack of bodyfat could perhaps be a cause if theres an irritation within the muscle...bizarre...but to be concurs with last time as was 6 weeks out from competing and iv only noticed in past when on reflection has been when leaned out...Strange.
Got given some ibubrufen to take any swelling down....AND a diazepam tablet to take half tonight and half tomorrow night to get the muscle relaxed.
Not exactly sure about taking that though as not my seen...training ' supplements 'yes, but these kind of drugs no.... Being a muscle relaxant...curious how that would effect other muscles actually and condition....just a curious thought..

But all said and done...despite not really believing heart issue, im somewhat RELIEVED!!!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear