over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest pain...Left side..

Just a general relaxed sitting posture. At gym today..no ache present that i was aware of, busy at work and much the same. However had some down time at work and again relaxed and the ache there.
One point ive noticed upon reflection...unless im over analysing it, is that it seems to be present when im well in to my diet, ie almost stage ready. I say this as when i was admitted to hospital back in 2010...but giving the all clear...I was 6 weeks out from competing.

And now ive been dieting and more or less stage ready, despite doing it just for fun and i hadnt exactly had it much, if at all since 2010...maybe just on occasion as i dropped some bulk for a holiday....So im kind of wonder is it somehow related to that....lack of body fat or something around scar tissue from the muscular skeletal tear.

nope..no heart burn...don't think ive ever actually had it to be honest..

So as you can see,i really don't have any other indicators of a heart issue, other than an ache at rest...

I had an occasional shooting pain, at times ache, in my left chest like 15 years ago. One night it got bad, and I went to ER. Everything in ER checked out fine regarding heart, and I did a follow-up with cardiologist, and everything was fine. I had pain again, and my family doctor sent me to gastroenterologist. He did an endoscopy, and I had really bad GERD.(Reflux). I had to elevate my bed for awhile, etc. I had never suffered a moment of heartburn or acidic discomfort in my life, yet I had it, and they put me on Prilosec, eventually Nexium, and I have never had the pain since.

I don't think I'm the norm, but it happens obviously. Not everyone feels it. Pec tweak is far more likely , especially since you experience it when sitting up, but if you ever start to experience it when lying, you might want to check it out.

Last edited:
Next time you have the problem eat a tums, you will be amazed

Arent thry just for indigestion or something??...Unsure how they'll help if it is muscular mind....but hey id try just about anything to rid the ache

Was your troponin elevated?
How old are you?
Family history of heart attack?
Have you had an angiogram done?
Stress test?
how's the rest of your labs? D-dimer?
Do you have an abnormal heart rhythm ? What did your EKG say?
Have you had an echocardiogram?

these questions are all relevant to your case..
Read on stable angina vs unstable angina
Read on costochondritis.
It's not necessary for the pain to radiate to your shoulders, jaw or back to be having a heart attack. Alot of patients will have SOB, sweating, severe chest tightness and pressure...

Go get checked bro, it's not something you want to ignore.

That's for sure you wanna have all of the relevant tests if you're still having issues don't ignore it trust me on that one. You don't wanna play with anything that may be heart related. I had the unfortunate circumstances of ignoring all of the warning signs (rapid heart rate several times that passed on it's own) until being wheeled into the ER with a heart rate of 260. I still was refusing to believe it was a heart attack I thought I was just having some nasty indigestion or something. What followed was not fun. Got the shock paddles while still conscious, and just like the movies you do actually shoot off the bed and straighten out like a stiff piece of wood, and my jaw slammed closed rattling my teeth. If you've ever been in an car crash that's exactly what it felt like..Going from 100mph to zero in an instant is the only way to describe it. Believe me when I tell you that's not something you wanna experience trust me!! Anyway the whole issue was linked to something called Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome which can be best described in laymans terms as an extra nerve ending in the heart that keeps telling the heart to fire even when it's not supposed too. It just stays in the ON position. Anyway I was lucky and I had the procedure to fix the issue but it's not something to take lightly....Here's hoping it's just something in the muscle tissue related to the chest muscle and not something heart related bro!!

That's for sure you wanna have all of the relevant tests if you're still having issues don't ignore it trust me on that one. You don't wanna play with anything that may be heart related. I had the unfortunate circumstances of ignoring all of the warning signs (rapid heart rate several times that passed on it's own) until being wheeled into the ER with a heart rate of 260. I still was refusing to believe it was a heart attack I thought I was just having some nasty indigestion or something. What followed was not fun. Got the shock paddles while still conscious, and just like the movies you do actually shoot off the bed and straighten out like a stiff piece of wood, and my jaw slammed closed rattling my teeth. If you've ever been in an car crash that's exactly what it felt like..Going from 100mph to zero in an instant is the only way to describe it. Believe me when I tell you that's not something you wanna experience trust me!! Anyway the whole issue was linked to something called Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome which can be best described in laymans terms as an extra nerve ending in the heart that keeps telling the heart to fire even when it's not supposed too. It just stays in the ON position. Anyway I was lucky and I had the procedure to fix the issue but it's not something to take lightly....Here's hoping it's just something in the muscle tissue related to the chest muscle and not something heart related bro!!

Whoa...Glad that it all panned out okay for you mate. As previous,im sure its just muscle related...with the Doctor having stated all on the ECG monitor showed my heart as fine and gave NO signs of anything abnormal or require further looking in to.
I was give strong ibubrufen to reduce the swell and a small valium to help relax the muscle and all this evening ive barely felt a thing in my chest...thats without the valium...its only 2.5mg to..

I've had costochondritis for 10 years. Do you ever hear it pop? I've also subluxated ribs before and felt it in the chest only. I had to quit dips and overhead work for a bit. Bench, oddly, is never a problem. Chiropractor helped

I've had costochondritis for 10 years. Do you ever hear it pop? I've also subluxated ribs before and felt it in the chest only. I had to quit dips and overhead work for a bit. Bench, oddly, is never a problem. Chiropractor helped

I was diagnosed with costo also. Was on anti inflammatories for a long time and developed serious stomach issues (I was a boxer at the time so it was an easy diagnosis when they had nothing other to blame it on).
Turned out to be anxiety.

Whoa...Glad that it all panned out okay for you mate. As previous,im sure its just muscle related...with the Doctor having stated all on the ECG monitor showed my heart as fine and gave NO signs of anything abnormal or require further looking in to.
I was give strong ibubrufen to reduce the swell and a small valium to help relax the muscle and all this evening ive barely felt a thing in my chest...thats without the valium...its only 2.5mg to..

That's good to hear Bro here's hoping the issue resolves itself

Unsure about the tbh as the Coronary care doctors said as id had no real pain/pain/issue...that it may of been a 'silent;' heart attack a week or so earlier...But as said...No heart attack and NO issues with the heart in anyway.

In response to the replies of going to ER etc...my point being..this is the ache i had in 2010 when i went to hospital and was in for 4 days as said..NO heart problems...100% confirmed...I was just curious why every now and again and almost only as im sat relaxed in front of the TV on an evening i feel this ache...At no time in training..weights or cardio is there any discomfort, pain, shortness of breath...NOTHING whatsoever...

Just curious as to what...All that being said, i am going to go and ask a Dr still....

Hey T, to err on the side of caution, I would take this seriously. Due to the fact that the incident three years ago did in fact yield an enzyme that is associated with a heart attack, you should see a cardiologist ASAP. Symptoms aren't always text book...Don't gamble on this one! In a situation where the worst case scenario calls your mortality into question, it would be wise to exhaust all of your medical options to give yourself piece of mind!! Keep us posted!!

Hey T, to err on the side of caution, I would take this seriously. Due to the fact that the incident three years ago did in fact yield an enzyme that is associated with a heart attack, you should see a cardiologist ASAP. Symptoms aren't always text book...Don't gamble on this one! In a situation where the worst case scenario calls your mortality into question, it would be wise to exhaust all of your medical options to give yourself piece of mind!! Keep us posted!!

It was a cardiologist i seen back then when i was in for a week getting all the tests.

However,i thought id updated here..i did go to the local hospital again 2 weeks ago and had an ECG done twice...Nothing, Nada..showed up abnormal whatsoever. BP was slightly high, as was HR...But i can account for that and made a change and BP now 131/71 and HR 61.

Back where generally was.Without being prompted on past diagnosis the Dr noticed i was fairly lean..coming to an end of slow relaxed 4 month diet and asked if id had any chest/shoulder injury, now or in past.

I asked why without an answer and he says he believed it was a muscular issue and if an injury now, he felt it was an inflammation touching a nerve, hence the ache down arm to..If was a past injury, he felt as was lean...same applied to scar tissue. It was in fact a bit of both as i had a niggle in my shoulder.

I then told him about past diagnosis and he stated it fit...i say He, it was actually them..as 2 Doctors looked me over.. ( i hope for the right reasons, haha. ) Any way...gave me a muscle relaxant and anti inflammatory and believe it or not..ache went....and ive not really noticed it since. Only took 1 muscle relaxant and anti inflammatorys for 4 days.

So fair to say, im fairly relieved.

It was a cardiologist i seen back then when i was in for a week getting all the tests.

However,i thought id updated here..i did go to the local hospital again 2 weeks ago and had an ECG done twice...Nothing, Nada..showed up abnormal whatsoever. BP was slightly high, as was HR...But i can account for that and made a change and BP now 131/71 and HR 61.

Back where generally was.Without being prompted on past diagnosis the Dr noticed i was fairly lean..coming to an end of slow relaxed 4 month diet and asked if id had any chest/shoulder injury, now or in past.

I asked why without an answer and he says he believed it was a muscular issue and if an injury now, he felt it was an inflammation touching a nerve, hence the ache down arm to..If was a past injury, he felt as was lean...same applied to scar tissue. It was in fact a bit of both as i had a niggle in my shoulder.

I then told him about past diagnosis and he stated it fit...i say He, it was actually them..as 2 Doctors looked me over.. ( i hope for the right reasons, haha. ) Any way...gave me a muscle relaxant and anti inflammatory and believe it or not..ache went....and ive not really noticed it since. Only took 1 muscle relaxant and anti inflammatorys for 4 days.

So fair to say, im fairly relieved.

That's great news T! It's worth getting it checked out...For our health and piece of mind!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear