over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest Training How.

ergo

Registered
Newbies
I have two methods in which I train most body parts. I believe in HIT but not the one set theory. Nor do I train more than three to five sets per body part. If you’re going to perform more than one set then no two sets can be performed the same. A variable must change. Pick a compound movement and work up to your target set without hitting failure. Conserve your energy for the “set”.
I never perform isolation movements. I have come to the conclusion long ago a set of 50 pound dumbbells flys cannot penetrate the muscle further into damage than a compound movement. The first method involves rotating around 3-5 machines. I never use free weights. I found out that a higher percentage of tension on the target muscle per unit time of each rep is better served from machines All will be different stressors. My target rep range on chest is 4 repetitions. This is my max resistance for a desired number of reps. Keeping reps low will greatly allow for more resistance used. I consider this to be the 1st law of hypertrophy. Mix your exercise selection up by using both plate loaded and stack machines. Also work in a converging press if available. I’ll discuss the next method that involves using one machine only at a later time. I have documented this method for months on end.

Attachments

• C41A075E-655B-4E4A-8C50-A2833226A917.png
    C41A075E-655B-4E4A-8C50-A2833226A917.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 82
  • BAD17D3E-FA83-4660-A127-3AF95AFACB69.jpeg
    BAD17D3E-FA83-4660-A127-3AF95AFACB69.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 87
  • C6179B5D-0446-4AAA-88FA-1257B3123CC4.jpeg
    C6179B5D-0446-4AAA-88FA-1257B3123CC4.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 4E97A994-5FC8-49F4-BBD6-D2FD01730CD4.jpeg
    4E97A994-5FC8-49F4-BBD6-D2FD01730CD4.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 88
I have two methods in which I train most body parts. I believe in HIT but not the one set theory. Nor do I train more than three to five sets per body part. If you’re going to perform more than one set then no two sets can be performed the same. A variable must change. Pick a compound movement and work up to your target set without hitting failure. Conserve your energy for the “set”.
I never perform isolation movements. I have come to the conclusion long ago a set of 50 pound dumbbells flys cannot penetrate the muscle further into damage than a compound movement. The first method involves rotating around 3-5 machines. I never use free weights. I found out that a higher percentage of tension on the target muscle per unit time of each rep is better served from machines All will be different stressors. My target rep range on chest is 4 repetitions. This is my max resistance for a desired number of reps. Keeping reps low will greatly allow for more resistance used. I consider this to be the 1st law of hypertrophy. Mix your exercise selection up by using both plate loaded and stack machines. Also work in a converging press if available. I’ll discuss the next method that involves using one machine only at a later time. I have documented this method for months on end.
How do you build up to your target set of 4 reps? After hitting that set, what sets come after, before moving on to next exercise?

Ergo it would be great if you post your training ideals for back and legs also.

How do you build up to your target set of 4 reps? After hitting that set, what sets come after, before moving on to next exercise?
Lets say my goal is smith machine 8 pack. Ill refer to this as 405 x 4. All references in amounts will be as if you're using an olympic bar. 135 x 10+ this is a stretch set. 185 x 8, 225 x 8. Now from this point on the weights must fly up for a few reps. 275 x 3 boom boom boom. I know I can go to 315 from my performance on 275. These are my dictating sets allowing me to know I can proceed. 315 x 3 and if I'm going higher boom boom boom. Basically minimal effort if any. Now comes the critical sets which will determine if 405 can be attempted. 365 has to double with no issues at all. If 365 feels heavy at the start on rep 2 I'll know to take this as my target 4 reps. I've done this so many times that I can judge my power very accurately. Now 365 for a double took power but I knew I could go for 6-8 reps. That set let me know that 405 was in the realm of possibility. These are big jumps as I do not want to expend my power. My goal is 4 reps. If 365 took more effort than I expected there would be no 405. So now I'm judging if I can get 385 x 4 There is no 5. Now this always doesn't work out perfectly. Ive done 315 and was sort of on the fence and went for 365 and just made a triple. You will learn your power from the feel of the prior set. I take long rest periods. I rest until I feel mentally and physically prepared to take on the next set. Often 3-5 minutes on big numbers. Im also a big believer that muscle does not know resting times. It knows to perform when the demand is placed upon it. Lets say you feel good and you're gonna go for target set 275. 135 x 10, 185 x 6, 205 x 3 these sets are telling you if you can proceed or not 225 x 2 boom boom 255 x 1 easily down up. You should be able to get 275 x 4. I can take 25 minutes before finally I'm on my target set. When a HIT guy says I did 1 set to failure they actually did 6-8 sets as they marched their way up.

interesting....do u also perform low reps for yr arms too? hows yr split like?

Are you utilizing a pyramid scheme before your top , heaviest sets? Ever incorporate dropsets?

Wish I had access to that incline hammer strength

interesting....do u also perform low reps for yr arms too? hows yr split like?
it will depend upon the chosen exercise and the amount of tension you're capturing during your repetitions. Im going to do a thread on what tension really means for you.

Reactions: D2
Are you utilizing a pyramid scheme before your top , heaviest sets? Ever incorporate dropsets?

Wish I had access to that incline hammer strength
Do not preform any advanced techniques. A totally stimulated muscle one in which you pushed the ripple of penetration and stimulation as deep as possible into the target muscle from that total onslaught set you just performed does not need nor is it desired as the ripple of stimulation cannot penetrate the muscle further. Look at it this way. You toss a large rock into a lake the ripples from this large rock extend greatly outward. You cannot toss a smaller rock and have the same effect. Plus if you performed your first set properly you couldn't go down the rack.

Do not preform any advanced techniques. A totally stimulated muscle one in which you pushed the ripple of penetration and stimulation as deep as possible into the target muscle from that total onslaught set you just performed does not need nor is it desired as the ripple of stimulation cannot penetrate the muscle further. Look at it this way. You toss a large rock into a lake the ripples from this large rock extend greatly outward. You cannot toss a smaller rock and have the same effect. Plus if you performed your first set properly you couldn't go down the rack.

Very good point. It’s becoming unnecessary at that point. Once you hit max failure with that intensity , it’s done.

Thank you ergo!

Lets say my goal is smith machine 8 pack. Ill refer to this as 405 x 4. All references in amounts will be as if you're using an olympic bar. 135 x 10+ this is a stretch set. 185 x 8, 225 x 8. Now from this point on the weights must fly up for a few reps. 275 x 3 boom boom boom. I know I can go to 315 from my performance on 275. These are my dictating sets allowing me to know I can proceed. 315 x 3 and if I'm going higher boom boom boom. Basically minimal effort if any. Now comes the critical sets which will determine if 405 can be attempted. 365 has to double with no issues at all. If 365 feels heavy at the start on rep 2 I'll know to take this as my target 4 reps. I've done this so many times that I can judge my power very accurately. Now 365 for a double took power but I knew I could go for 6-8 reps. That set let me know that 405 was in the realm of possibility. These are big jumps as I do not want to expend my power. My goal is 4 reps. If 365 took more effort than I expected there would be no 405. So now I'm judging if I can get 385 x 4 There is no 5. Now this always doesn't work out perfectly. Ive done 315 and was sort of on the fence and went for 365 and just made a triple. You will learn your power from the feel of the prior set. I take long rest periods. I rest until I feel mentally and physically prepared to take on the next set. Often 3-5 minutes on big numbers. Im also a big believer that muscle does not know resting times. It knows to perform when the demand is placed upon it. Lets say you feel good and you're gonna go for target set 275. 135 x 10, 185 x 6, 205 x 3 these sets are telling you if you can proceed or not 225 x 2 boom boom 255 x 1 easily down up. You should be able to get 275 x 4. I can take 25 minutes before finally I'm on my target set. When a HIT guy says I did 1 set to failure they actually did 6-8 sets as they marched their way up.

Some people say they do 8 sets some say they do one set.
As you said how you warm up and build up to max effort set is crucial. Really appreciate the detailed explanation! Thx for your answer.

I’ve never been a fan of low reps like this… It just hasn’t worked well for me in the times I’ve tried it. 6-8 reps is my wheel house as to low reps. But, if the 4 reps works for you then rock that shit!

Cage

I’ve never been a fan of low reps like this… It just hasn’t worked well for me in the times I’ve tried it. 6-8 reps is my wheel house as to low reps. But, if the 4 reps works for you then rock that shit!

Cage
6-8 is still low. So I try to weigh what will stimulate growth better? 365 x 6-8 or 405 x 4-6? Now this is only one way I train my chest. The other way falls into your theory perfectly.

6-8 is still low. So I try to weigh what will stimulate growth better? 365 x 6-8 or 405 x 4-6? Now this is only one way I train my chest. The other way falls into your theory perfectly.
For me I felt like I was pushing the envelope doing 3-4 reps for my sets. Basically setting myself up for an injury. Just doesn’t work for my body. You gotta find what works for you! Over time you end up slowly figuring it out by listening to your body. Definitely doesn’t happen overnight, but if you’re consistent & dedicated you’ll find your sweet spot!

Cage

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity