over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest training tonite......PEC TEAR

it LOOKS painful bro.:(
i would be freaking out and worried. you are certainly handling it well. maybe i am a pus....:eek:
get it checkout asap in my opinion.
sorry that happened bro. now you got me all worried about getting injured.
-JS

you know JS
its not really that painful

you never know when its gonna happen
i always thought i listened to my body well
it gave me NO indication at all:(

you never know man

another one

So sorry to see this! I have ripped a lat tie in and a bicep previously. Both were minor and took about two days to bruise up. Not what you want to hear but often I have been told the faster they color up and swell the worse it is. Doesnt make it so. Just what I have been told.

Have you tried to feel around and see if things are still connected?

So sorry to see this! I have ripped a lat tie in and a bicep previously. Both were minor and took about two days to bruise up. Not what you want to hear but often I have been told the faster they color up and swell the worse it is. Doesnt make it so. Just what I have been told.

Have you tried to feel around and see if things are still connected?

yea.....but its just SOOOO tight right now
its hard to decifer.....pec is just really hard
under the armpit alittle softer

time will tell

:(

Whoa Brother I just saw this thread. It's a terrible thing to happen to any of us. It sounds like you're doing everything you should be. I tore a bicep once doing deadlifts and it was no fun at all. Good luck with your recover Bro. Hopefully you and Shelby are correct and it's not that bad afterall.

PS. You're one tough MFer....that looks painful.

Holy shit man , its got your tricep all swolen and jacked up !!

Just kidding , trying to make light of the situation.

I guy at my gym had the same thing and like Shelby said it ended up being a rupture not a bad tear (not sure of the differance) but his Dr. just told him to rest it 12-16 weeks and just do range of motion.

It seems like most times (all i can think of) when you hear about a pec tear its from working on the flat bench.

does using the flat bench realy put that much more stress on the pec muscle than does the decline or incline??

Deep massage

There's going to be a collection of blood and edema in the area... if it is still tight after taking the anti-inflammatories get a deep tissue massage to help remove the fluid... will 1) make it feel a lot better d/t less pressure and 2) will help facilitate healing by removing any by/waste products... IT WILL HURT

sorry to hear that, i hope you heal up fast

Bro I think you may have dodged a bullet! I would still get an MRI as soon as the blood thins out. The hematoma will cloud the MRI. I've seen both a tendon tear (easily repairable) and a muscle - tendon rupture (the worst and what I have). I tore mine doing incline with 365lbs. I felt great and was banging it out and pop! I had surgery. But they couldn't get the stitch to hold. Its been ten years and I'm still no where near as strong as I was. Good luck bro.

Bro I think you may have dodged a bullet! I would still get an MRI as soon as the blood thins out. The hematoma will cloud the MRI. I've seen both a tendon tear (easily repairable) and a muscle - tendon rupture (the worst and what I have). I tore mine doing incline with 365lbs. I felt great and was banging it out and pop! I had surgery. But they couldn't get the stitch to hold. Its been ten years and I'm still no where near as strong as I was. Good luck bro.

i hope so man

i'm feeling more and more better about
as time goes by......swellings going down already

there is however some tissue rolled up close to my bicep
almost feels like fatty tissue.....but it probley the muscle:(

Holy shit man , its got your tricep all swolen and jacked up !!

Just kidding , trying to make light of the situation.

I guy at my gym had the same thing and like Shelby said it ended up being a rupture not a bad tear (not sure of the differance) but his Dr. just told him to rest it 12-16 weeks and just do range of motion.

lol....all good man

well, i started (semi) dieting down for North Americans awhile ago
learned the new baby was coming that same weekend

so i 86'd the dieting.....started eating, training was going great
back up to 255, now this shit.....time for a break i guess

thanks for the support man

:)

Whoa Brother I just saw this thread. It's a terrible thing to happen to any of us. It sounds like you're doing everything you should be. I tore a bicep once doing deadlifts and it was no fun at all. Good luck with your recover Bro. Hopefully you and Shelby are correct and it's not that bad afterall.

PS. You're one tough MFer....that looks painful.

i dont know what would be worse
bicep or pec??

lol.......it really dont hurt that bad bro

its def. MY first injury of anykind, in 16 years or so

Has anyone torn a pec on anything other than flat dumbell or barbell work? I'm sure someone has. But, over and over I hear about tears on a flat bench. My dad and a former training partner included.

Good question. I don't want to put words in Dante's mouth, but I remember him having me stick to heavy incline work to avoid just this very thing from happening. I can't say I've personally seen many pec tears (maybe a half dozen), but they all were on a flat bench movement. This is the first DB one I've come across though.

Good question. I don't want to put words in Dante's mouth, but I remember him having me stick to heavy incline work to avoid just this very thing from happening. I can't say I've personally seen many pec tears (maybe a half dozen), but they all were on a flat bench movement. This is the first DB one I've come across though.

If I remember correctly Big Dave Smith tore his doing reverse grip tricep presses in a smith machine :eek:

I tore mine in 2006.

Tendon stayed...but I tore 3/4 of the muscle off of the tendon. Doc's said it couldnt be fixed, like sewing hamburger to hamburger.

I didnt hear anything...but it hurt like a mother. I had bruising all the way down to my wrists and down my side to my pant line. If it was a bad tear, you would have felt spasms and bad pain immediately.

I think you tore it, but it must be fairly minor. If it was real bad the bruising would be worse..but Im not doctor. Id go get an MRI.

I partially tore my right one in Apr 2008 on flat bench, it felt like 1000 volts of electricity going through that spot. It hurt like hell, the next day my GP sent me to an ortho who probably has never stepped foot in a gym, he recommended I leave it alone b/c recovery would be 3 - 4 months in a sling. He said if I did not have surgery I'd have normal use of it just a slight cosmetic difference from the left side. At the time I hadn't competed in over 15 years, never thinking I would again, but last year I did, and I really regret not getting the surgery. it's noticable, but not grotesque IMO. I later went to another ortho, who is a bb'er and he said the 3 -4 months in a sling was BS and he could have had me out in as little as 6 weeks. I tore mine on 385 lbs, now I'm scared to do more than 225, always in the back of my mind. Best of luck to you!

48 hours now

Attachments

• phpyu7g7FPM.jpg
    phpyu7g7FPM.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 20,542
2 days later

Attachments

• phpIbyYNoPM.jpg
    phpIbyYNoPM.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 45,923
close

Attachments