over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest Workout

PeterBobJohn

Registered
Looking for killer chest routine,
anything come to mind?
Thank you in advance
PBJ

I don't have a whole workout for you but I would recommend training with bands to switch things up once in a while. Either using a barbell and bands or just use them alone. Something to think about.

Looking for killer chest routine,
anything come to mind?
Thank you in advance
PBJ

I think everyone has to construct their own chest routine that fits their needs, genetics, etc.

What works for one individual might not have the same effect on another.

barbell decline press or hammerstrength decline. followed by dips.

try incline dumbell,incline flys,flat dumbell,flat flys,pullovers,- or try incline hammerstrenght,flat dumbell,cable flys,hammerstrenght ,pullovers, just 2 maybe that might help u get to thinkin what new routine u can make,just alwats do a differant routine from ur last one

I don't have a whole workout for you but I would recommend training with bands to switch things up once in a while. Either using a barbell and bands or just use them alone. Something to think about.

Bands?! :rolleyes: The only thing I would ever use bands for would be at the very end of my workout to really torch the muscle. Bands are great for isometrics, holding a contraction for a period of time, like flexing. Other than that, I find bands pointless, unless you are training in the geriatric section of the gym.

try incline dumbell,incline flys,flat dumbell,flat flys,pullovers,- or try incline hammerstrenght,flat dumbell,cable flys,hammerstrenght ,pullovers, just 2 maybe that might help u get to thinkin what new routine u can make,just alwats do a differant routine from ur last one

If you always do a different routine than your last one, how do you notice any increase in weights on specific exercises? I agree that you need to switch your workout up, but too often can be bad as well. You never give your body time to adapt to a particular exercise/workout.

I think everyone has to construct their own chest routine that fits their needs, genetics, etc.

What works for one individual might not have the same effect on another.

Agree!

a decline barbell press set taken to failure followed by a brief pause (few breaths) and then 4-5 negatives.

holy fuck DOMS

Bands?! :rolleyes: The only thing I would ever use bands for would be at the very end of my workout to really torch the muscle. Bands are great for isometrics, holding a contraction for a period of time, like flexing. Other than that, I find bands pointless, unless you are training in the geriatric section of the gym.

ummm do a little research on what bands are and why they are used. Geriatric section and isometrics? LOL. Bands are a huge part of increasing strength if that's what your goals are.

mgnz...........Bands are a huge asset in weight training, especially training the chest. Helps with speed, breaking through sticking points, etc. I've used them deadlifting as well. Training with bands is not for the faint of heart. They will work your stabilizer muscles as well (chest). In addition, they are an excellent way to help work through an injury.
As tjs114 suggested do some research on this kind of training before knocking it.

mgnz...........Bands are a huge asset in weight training, especially training the chest. Helps with speed, breaking through sticking points, etc. I've used them deadlifting as well. Training with bands is not for the faint of heart. They will work your stabilizer muscles as well (chest). In addition, they are an excellent way to help work through an injury.
As tjs114 suggested do some research on this kind of training before knocking it.

Bands may be good for strength & speed training, but I would prefer a good set of d-bells or barbell for bodybuilding any day. It all depends on your goals before we can suggest any particular training for anybody. I don't think the poster gave enough information that would suggest that training with bands would be ideal.

ummm do a little research on what bands are and why they are used. Geriatric section and isometrics? LOL. Bands are a huge part of increasing strength if that's what your goals are.

I agree that bands can be used to break plateaus or increase strength, but so can something as simple as adding more weight, or training to failure, drop sets, super sets, etc.
If I were going to suggest effective chest routines, I wouldn't resort to bands for convenience and functionality purposes. Most gyms don't have these types of bands. Most people don't know how to use them correctly. They are time consuming and a pain in the a$$ to set up and use. Unless you are training for a sport, a lifting competition, or with a partner, leave the rubber bands in the desk drawer :p

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear