over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest

One thing that has worked for me is after every heavy set of whatever chest exercise I am doing - I pop up and hit a crab pose and scream "WOOOO - NOW THATS WHAT THE FUCK I AM TALKING ABOUT"

I don't have a lot of friends :confused:

I have a tendency to want to over train also. For building I stick with sets of 6-8. I like 4 exercises per muscle, and usually stick to three training sets (warm ups not counted). Good luck.

That's still 21 sets, the same as you're currently doing? Most people in this thread are suggesting that you lower the volume, maybe you should try that first?

Maybe also lower the weights a bit and concentrate more on activating the pecs, that's what we're trying to achieve after all isn't it? Targeting the muscle group we're trying to train.

For me, the exercises I feel target my pecs the best are Hammer press, machine flyes, DB bench press, smith machine incline press and decline bench press. Go with what feels best for you and lower the volume imo. It also depends on how many of those sets are working sets and how many are warm ups, if the weights are pyramided up or down or stay the same throughout the sets?

LOL its 16 sets. I plan on going with the exercises you speak of just not all the time or is consistency the best? Like stay with the same exercises for x weeks?

LOL its 16 sets. I plan on going with the exercises you speak of just not all the time or is consistency the best? Like stay with the same exercises for x weeks?

I don't believe that the body recognises "x" exercise over "y" exercise. It reacts to progressive overload. That's why I keep a log and add a minimum of 5lbs a week to my lifts. 10lbs on squat and Deads. I haven't hit a plateau doing this yet in almoat 10 weeks.

Change up volume, weight, and intensity over exercises. I will only switch to abother exercise when my strength stalbs on one.

Hey. I am wondering what chest exersices will bring the fastest result. Is there anyone here that can recommend what exersices I should do to make my chest look a bigger and defined? Thanks

Last edited:
I really think you are WAY over thinking this. In 25 years I have never spent this much time trying to figure out the "magic routine".

Not being a dickhead man - just being honest

Flat bench 3x8
Incline db 3x10
Dips 3x fail
Done. 2X week

I really think you are WAY over thinking this. In 25 years I have never spent this much time trying to figure out the "magic routine".

Not being a dickhead man - just being honest

Oh not trying to find a magic routine just trying to plug holes really.

Syntherol seems to be working on my lagging chest. See with shitty body parts they won't grow till you really push things to the limit. Food, drugs, syntherol, and that puny chest will begin to pop. At least that's what's working for me.

yet another thread of a new guy doing retarded volume wondering why he doesn't grow...:rolleyes:

lol

yay! add this to the basket with "tne, your thoughts for the umpteenth time", "tren, yes we do need this post on every page"....:banghead:

split your chest work out over 3 weeks, eat more sleep more and you be fine.

lol

:lightbulb:

I can pretty much say that from 24-28 I only did 1 work set per muscle group and I did not have a problem growing.

How about you back down to 5 or 6 sets with perfect, immaculate, form and a good slow tempo with a great contraction at the top.

See how that treats you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yet another thread of a new guy doing retarded volume wondering why he doesn't grow...:rolleyes:

lol

yay! add this to the basket with "tne, your thoughts for the umpteenth time", "tren, yes we do need this post on every page"....:banghead:

lol

I can pretty much say that from 24-28 I only did 1 work set per muscle group and I did not have a problem growing.

So it pains you to see questions from ppl and see it fit to be a complete jack ass? Your the winner of the week lol you do realize forums are for discussion and also help. Good job big guy!

How about you back down to 5 or 6 sets with perfect, immaculate, form and a good slow tempo with a great contraction at the top.

See how that treats you.

Thanks bub I appreciate the cool response

lol

lol

But I also do appreciate the info around the bs

Arnold always talked about "tricking" the muscle. Muscle confusion principle. I'd transition to low reps, and heavy weight with negatives. Forced reps and partials...u will need a training partner to perform these correctly. I'd focus on weighted dips, incline and decline, and free weights only. DB and BB, no smith machines. Increase protein and carbs...only veggies though...with some complex carbs on weekends.

Thanks bub I appreciate the cool response
Np. Form > than volume in my opinion. 9/10 when guys ask why their chest won't grow, it's because their delts and tris are carrying the workload. Making sure your chest is sticking out, shoulder blades pinched together, and elbow position is right will make a world of difference. Always being sure to avoid lock out and keep the weight moving like a constantly.. no stopping. Once that's corrected (if it needs to be) adjust tempo, range, etc.

I would only do one shaper/ iso lation exercise... not 2...
If chest is your lagging body part I would hit it with 2 workout per week with 2 diff workouts with progressive overload being key...ie, every week you go up in weight or reps... volume of 12 working sets should work better..
Example
WO 1
Incline bb 4 sets
Decline dB press 4 sets
Flat fly 2 sets
Flat fly triple drop set

WO 2
Flat BP 3 sets
Incline dB press 3 sets 1 60 degrees, 1 45 degrees, one 30 degrees
Weighted dips 3 sets
Incline flues 3 sets on same angles as before

Just something to try for 8 weeks, also make sure post workout feeding is especially high on those days

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws