over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chicago Pro 2020

100% agree with you. And Nick was about as conditioned as he could get. You could tell that Matt Jansen just dieted the hellll out of him. I think he got this 4th place just on that. Next to all these pros, his mass isn't insane like it was in the NPC. And his shape and aesthetics are lacking....and you're dead on Bboy, if he tries to get BIGGEr, the shape will get worse.

Nick MIGHT just be like another Chicago Pro competitior—Shawn Smith. Just FREAKY looking guy. The definition of a freaky GYM BBer. Some guys look the best in the gym, others look their best on stage. Shawn is great in the gym...onstage? mehh. Nick MIGHT be the best version of that guy. Once again, no hate here. Dude is a freak and I'm jealous of his look. These are just my opinions based on IFBB judging.

I agree.

Nick doesn't have a big frame (far from it). Adding more mass to it will soon go against him. Obviously he can still improve and he can do very well but he will never be a top competitor (top 3 at the O) like some make out. I do appreciate what he brings and I am a fan (one of my fav pro's) but many have gotten carried away with his potential. They thought he would walk this show and it was far from that. I do think he looked fantastic and you can't fault his ambition/attitude but stand him next to a top guy with clean lines and the difference will be apparant. Although there is definitely a massive future in the sport for him (social media etc) and it's great to have the highest goals but I personally think he will be forever chasing his as they are beyond his shape and aesthetics.

The shoulders on just looked a lil oily

Completely understand your point. No one can predict what will really happen. But a Phil Heath argument doesn't have a place in here at allll lol. Ya lost me there.

If anything, i think this thread shows 2 things.
1. The huge difference between what an armchair BBing fan like VS what IFBB pro judging criteria is. We've seen a couple threads lately about this. VASTLY different POVs.

2. The size and the jump UP from amateur to pro and what's need to be relatively competitive. VERY RARELY are you going to see a national show winner be able to jump in and hold their own in an IFBB pro show. Hunter couldn't do it and took what, 1.5 years off and added some hard size. Even then, I think this Chicago Pro probably had a harder lineup than what Hunter had at Tampa.

Hunter had to, Justin Compton had to, Dallas had to. Regardless of how big and great they were coming in, guys had to chill for a year or two and blow the hell up. The difference between those guys and NICK is the frame. Go look at a shot of newly turned pro Dallas and Justin. Big frame, wasn't maxed out. Now go look at their first WOW show....they added like an inch everywhere. The big problem is that NICK doesn't have that space. Nick's big size jump was this past 1.5 years as an amateur. There is no more space to put muscle, now its fine tuning. And that exactly why he placed where he did. He's a top 4-5 guy at a 2nd teir IFBB show....and he'll probably stay in that group for his career. Once again, no hate. Just point out the obvious differences between big boys coming into their pro career.

I’m certainly not saying it will be the same case but I can’t help but be reminded by this conversations of when Phil Health turned pro, on the forums everyone said he will never do well as a pro because he was too narrow especially for being only 5’8 and he would never be able to bring his back up enough to hang with the top guys (LOL!). Obviously these are different arguments then the ones made against Nick, but my point is I’m not going to sit here and try to predict the future

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws