over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chicken. Whats your cut?

I marinate the thighs a bit then cook them in cast iron pan. Few min on each side then 30 min in the oven. Has a nice crust, delicious.

Local butcher shop does marinated breasts and thighs with some unique sauces that tenderize, etc.
No price hike compared to local market, and quality is 10x better. Mainly breasts, but throw in thighs once in a while...

I was thinking about an air fryer. Looks like a lot of you guys use them already. Are they worth it?

Air fryer makes prep even easier and food tastier.
It took me awhile to figure out my instapot. I thought that was great and I still use it for rice but the AF is the way to go for sweet potatoes and chicken. I havent cooked much else in it yet.

chicken on the pan; sear it, apply salt and pepper and whatever seasoning your heart desires then oven for 8 min at 325..

juicy

I've been eating chicken breast for lunch five days a week for almost a year. I never get sick of it because of how I cook it.

- Thaw overnight if frozen. Once they're no longer hard add sea salt to both sides and let it sit in the fridge for an additional 4+ hours. This gets rid of excess water and tenderizes the meat, changing the texture.

- When it's time to cook, preheat the oven to 425. While that's happening, add pepper and garlic powder to the chicken.

- Pour two tbsp of avocado oil into a cast iron skillet on high and wait until the pan starts smoking.

- Sear a minute on each side then transfer the pan into the oven for 10-12 minutes. To avoid excess smoking during the sear; I do 30 seconds, reduce heat to medium, another 30 seconds, flip, 30 seconds, turn the burner off, 30 seconds.

The chicken breasts I get are from Costco and are 8-10 oz in weight. Picture with jasmine rice attached. I'll add Frank's Buffalo sauce to that later on for more flavour.

Attachments

• 20210103_153618.jpg
    20210103_153618.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 14
i do not eat chicken anymore. The second i put it in the fridge and reheat it the next day its inedible , even slow cooker tender chicken is disgusting.

Ever see a lion? Do you think that beast wants to eat a freaking chicken? No! it wants a 2,000lb Buffalo.

Chicken sucks and it takes me a hour to eat it, i can eat a pound of cooked beef in minutes.

A normally get a whole Rotisserie Chicken and eat the entire bird, but my favorite part of the chicken it's the wings. You can't beat chicken wings in the air fryer with some buffalo sauce or some type of hot sauce.

I like all cuts of the chicken, depending on how they are cooked. Most of the last couple years, i've just been smoking up whole chickens, as they were/are cheaper. They take a little more prep work though, and right now i like to skin them, and then spatchcock them before cooking.

For ease, I prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts. I just clean them up a tad, then cut them into little 1x1 inch pieces, and marinate them in a little oil, apple cider vinegar, and whatever seasoning i'm in the mood for. Let them marinate for a few hours, drain them, and throw them on a hot frying pan.

I never thought i'd see the day that chicken thighs were more expensive than breast....wtf?

I like to cook thighs and legs in an air fryer....season them, then cook for 20'ish minutes on one side, then flip and do the other side. I will leave the skin on with these, and it usually comes out fairly crispy. If not, I let them cook a few more minutes until they get where I want them to be.

The problem with a lot of the chicken breast over the last decade or so, is that there is a shit-ton of that woody chicken crap, where they have a rubber texture, and can be 'crunchy.' That shit grosses me out, and I usually just toss them if they are really bad. With chicken getting expensive, it was pissing me off with all the woody chicken BS, so I stopped buying them for the whole chickens for the better part of the last 2 years. Just started buying them again because the fry method above is way quicker than smoking them. lol.

I take a breast out of the package and microwave it for 4 minutes. It’s tough, chewy smells weird. I pour Louisiana hot sauce on it and eat it as fast as I can.

It’s bad….really bad. But I’ve been doing it for a decade. Sunk costs 🤷‍♂️

For breast I use a instant pot use chicken broth for my liquid dump a bunch of Cajun seasonings when it’s done the meat shreds up super easy. That’s usually what I do when I’m meal prepping to take meals to work at the house I usually just cook everything fresh before i eat.

A normally get a whole Rotisserie Chicken and eat the entire bird, but my favorite part of the chicken it's the wings. You can't beat chicken wings in the air fryer with some buffalo sauce or some type of hot sauce.
Wings are my favorite as well. Fried turkey wings are amazing also!

I like all cuts of the chicken, depending on how they are cooked. Most of the last couple years, i've just been smoking up whole chickens, as they were/are cheaper. They take a little more prep work though, and right now i like to skin them, and then spatchcock them before cooking.

For ease, I prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts. I just clean them up a tad, then cut them into little 1x1 inch pieces, and marinate them in a little oil, apple cider vinegar, and whatever seasoning i'm in the mood for. Let them marinate for a few hours, drain them, and throw them on a hot frying pan.

I never thought i'd see the day that chicken thighs were more expensive than breast....wtf?

I like to cook thighs and legs in an air fryer....season them, then cook for 20'ish minutes on one side, then flip and do the other side. I will leave the skin on with these, and it usually comes out fairly crispy. If not, I let them cook a few more minutes until they get where I want them to be.

The problem with a lot of the chicken breast over the last decade or so, is that there is a shit-ton of that woody chicken crap, where they have a rubber texture, and can be 'crunchy.' That shit grosses me out, and I usually just toss them if they are really bad. With chicken getting expensive, it was pissing me off with all the woody chicken BS, so I stopped buying them for the whole chickens for the better part of the last 2 years. Just started buying them again because the fry method above is way quicker than smoking them. lol.
Ya man that retire is nasty. It has to do with that stringy white fat running through it. Commercial chickens are slaughtered 21 days after hatching so they feed them full of junk to fatten them and then they just get a terrible texture

I take a breast out of the package and microwave it for 4 minutes. It’s tough, chewy smells weird. I pour Louisiana hot sauce on it and eat it as fast as I can.

It’s bad….really bad. But I’ve been doing it for a decade. Sunk costs 🤷‍♂️
Damn brother, at least poach them

Man everyone posting about chicken breast being dry needs to get a sous vide.

Bring it to temp in a marinade/dry rub of choice, then flash sear for 30 seconds a side.

Juicer breasts than Pamela Anderson, zero effort, can’t mess it up if you try

Bring it to temp in a marinade/dry rub of choice, then flash sear for 30 seconds a side.

This

I cut, season, and vacuum seal 40lbs of chicken in a little over an hour. Then I cook 10lbs at a time until everything is cooked. Once it's cooked I let it cool then put the bags in the freezer.

I'll take a bag out and let it thaw the day before and use it to make my meals through the week. When I'm about to run out I just take a other bag out. I don't do any searing just microwave to reheat. Laziest, tastiest method of doing massive amounts of chicken breast.

I cut, season, and vacuum seal 40lbs of chicken in a little over an hour. Then I cook 10lbs at a time until everything is cooked. Once it's cooked I let it cool then put the bags in the freezer.

I'll take a bag out and let it thaw the day before and use it to make my meals through the week. When I'm about to run out I just take a other bag out. I don't do any searing just microwave to reheat. Laziest, tastiest method of doing massive amounts of chicken breast.
I have tried sous vide. It did t taste good. Can u tell me ur recipe and settings??

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear