over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol - bringing back to normal range

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
One of the side effects of taking winstrol is that it increases your LDL and lowers your HDL. Obviously for a person with a hereditary cholesterol issue, this is not a good thing. However, if someone doesn't have family issues of cholesterol problems and has been taking winstrol for a few weeks, how long does it typically take to get the numbers back within range?

The cause for the poor lab results is 100% winstrol based on previous labs showing everything within range on LDL and very good results on HDL.
The doctor is concerned with the new labs and wants to put them on statins, to which they most certainly do not want to take as they know discontinuing the winstrol will undoubtedly return levels to normal.

Thanks in advance fellas

Statins are worse than scewed lipids Drs and there no don't do steroids there bad here take this whole pharmacy you don't need ugh

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

One of the side effects of taking winstrol is that it increases your LDL and lowers your HDL. Obviously for a person with a hereditary cholesterol issue, this is not a good thing. However, if someone doesn't have family issues of cholesterol problems and has been taking winstrol for a few weeks, how long does it typically take to get the numbers back within range?

The cause for the poor lab results is 100% winstrol based on previous labs showing everything within range on LDL and very good results on HDL.
The doctor is concerned with the new labs and wants to put them on statins, to which they most certainly do not want to take as they know discontinuing the winstrol will undoubtedly return levels to normal.

Thanks in advance fellas

I had an unexpected lab test and was on a cycle... I told the DR give me a month to clean up my diet as I was eating really bad ...4 weeks later dropping the orals...blood work came back great

With a great diet, lots of intense cardio and not being on ANY AAS most ppl will return to baseline within 8 weeks after all AAS have left their system. Ive seen others take 12+ because of poor diet and being lazy.

It has taken me only like 4 weeks to get everything back to perfect (depending on how far gone they are to begin with). If you do everything right (diet, supplementation, etc.), it won't take as long.

With a great diet, lots of intense cardio and not being on ANY AAS most ppl will return to baseline within 8 weeks after all AAS have left their system. Ive seen others take 12+ because of poor diet and being lazy.

I was given TRT due to my test levels being that of an 80 yr old man so won't be off all AAS.

It has taken me only like 4 weeks to get everything back to perfect (depending on how far gone they are to begin with). If you do everything right (diet, supplementation, etc.), it won't take as long.

Thanks nothuman. Have been getting everything in order diet wise and have been back in the gym consistently for a good amount of time, now just going to focus on being healthy.

CoQ10 is big for cholesterol correct?

I was given TRT due to my test levels being that of an 80 yr old man so won't be off all AAS.

Thanks nothuman. Have been getting everything in order diet wise and have been back in the gym consistently for a good amount of time, now just going to focus on being healthy.

CoQ10 is big for cholesterol correct?

Yea it should help, but make sure you buy Ubiquinol since it's the only form of CoQ10 that the body effectively absorbs orally. I'd also pick up Citrus Bergamot and eat a handful of nuts and an avocado every day.

Id grab some Krill Oil, Fish oil, Citrus Bergamot and Idebenone(Veterans supply carries it) if you're that worried about it.

Yea it should help, but make sure you buy Ubiquinol since it's the only form of CoQ10 that the body effectively absorbs orally. I'd also pick up Citrus Bergamot and eat a handful of nuts and an avocado every day.

I eat about 2-3oz of almonds a day
I cannot stand the texture of avocado haha, but will suck it up and eat it
Ubiquinol - will do!

Thank you guys for your help

Ubiquinol - will do!

Then put that avo in a blender with a shake! Makes for one creamy delicious smoothie!

Ubiquinol - will do!

Use avocado oil instead :)

I've pretty much been taking all these things for a long time and my HDL went down and ldl pretty much the same. Diet was better too.

Make of that what you want. The recent study that shows high HDL is pretty much as bad as low HDL makes you wonder.

So I've seen this going around a lot and I'm not sure why.

If you search articles on pubmed, you'll see plenty of research done that shows that absorption of ubiquinone is highly dependent upon what it's encapsulated with. In fact, there is tons of research on DIFFERENT formulations of it and even comparisons between brands to show how their formulations enhanced oral availability.

Here's one such article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19281730

Many of the studies done on ubiquinol absorption compare it (in its encapsulated form) against the dry powder form of ubiquinone. That's not really a fair comparison.

Anyways, the body readily switches between the reduced and oxidized forms of coq10 to get what it needs. Search about the Q-cycle if you desire more information on this. There is also a lot of studies done on this with coq10 supplementation of the oxidized version (ubiquinone)...here's an example (done in humans with oral supplementation form):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1637852

Anyways, the take home message is this:

-The body readily switches between ubiquinone and ubiquinol
-Oral absorption of EITHER is most dependent upon the capsulation formulation
-a good ubiquinone supplement will likely provide the same benefits at a much lower cost than ubiquinol
-for those that can't afford ubiquinol, I highly suggest doing some further reading and figuring out good formulations and then seeking out a good ubiquinone supplement as it will provide the same benefits

Note: ubidecarenone is the same thing as ubiquinone if you're supplement searching and see this name.

Last edited:
What MG should the ubiquinol be taken?

I've pretty much been taking all these things for a long time and my HDL went down and ldl pretty much the same. Diet was better too.

Make of that what you want. The recent study that shows high HDL is pretty much as bad as low HDL makes you wonder.

I think that study may have said that because HDL just isn't very important in the grand scheme of things when it comes to mortality.

I brought mine under control fast with super greens and super reds. DHT based steroids such as Winstrol, Anavar and Masteron will affect Cholesterol a lot too.

Last edited:
I brought mine under control fast with super greens and super reds. DHT based steroids such as Winstrol, Anavar and Masteron will affect Cholesterol a lot too.

Hey Pesty ,I definitely don't eat enough fruits and veggies .what brand of greens and reds do you recommend ?

Thanks man! As Mike asked, what brand did you use?

GW/Cardarine helps with cholesterol too. That's what it originally was invented for, not to mention a big boost in cardio. 👍

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner