over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol Meds. Anyone on them?

If you can get your cholesterol down doing cardio and using natural supps, that is the best way. Statins should be a last resort for lowering cholesterol because they some negative sides. I was on a statin many years ago but that was because I was eating like shit and not doing cardio. After cleaning up my diet and doing some moderate cardio, my hdl/ldl went back to it's normal ranges and ever since I have been off all statins.

Just curious... Where you on AAS or HRT, or was this done while off cycle? I would guess that fixing HDL/LDL levels while on AAS would be a bit harder. I'm going to try everything before I go on any meds.

I'm 58 an a lot of friends who have been on cholestrol drugs 10-20 years have died of liver cancer???????????????

Just curious... Where you on AAS or HRT, or was this done while off cycle? I would guess that fixing HDL/LDL levels while on AAS would be a bit harder. I'm going to try everything before I go on any meds.

No, at the time I was still natty in my early 20's. You should definitely exhaust all other methods/resources before having to resort to statins.

I have never understood the reasoning on why people take cholesterol meds. If your body is producing excessive levels of cholesterol then that is a signal that something is wrong and the body is producing the choleserol as a compensatory mechanism. Therefore I would think that it is common sense that the course of action would be to find out why the body is producing so much cholesterol and correct what is causing the problem. To instead take rat poison and poison the body into manufacturing less cholesterol is not going to make you any healthier and certainly not going to change the cause of whats really going on in the body.

This would be the holy grail if such a treatment exsist..to my knowledge it does not but im all open ears;) Inflamation is also something i believe is a main focus that isnt well understood which leads to artery plaque build up,treat that and same goes. I take 40mg crestor and i believe i need to as ive been told by numerous doctors,my levels are beyond bad! total cholesterol use to be in the 400's! So i believe some of us truly need statins as that is the only thing that will ever get us near normal range and im talking the ones of us who have a genetic issues. For those taking fish oil remember you are trying to get a total of 3-4 grams epa/dha not total grams of fish oil;)

Mine was at 309 and hdl was over 200 i dropped mine to a total of 239 in about 3 months just from diet alone, but that meant no eating our AT ALL, and not a drop of junk food,

Its prolly higher now and i need to get back at it with my supps and foods!

Statins r bad but some people no matter what they do cannot control cholesterol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished some CholesLo a few days ago.... getting bloods done in a week or so... I'll post my results

yes..some can do it with diet and exercise but those who can prolly dont have a genetic disposition to began with and statins would be more bad then good imo. But for those with genetic issues statins are better then without the pros out way the cons imo.

Interesting supps to look into for help that i take with my statins,, Grape seed extract "with opc's of 90%", Serrapeptase,Nattokinase,MK7 "vitamin K2"..

yes..some can do it with diet and exercise but those who can prolly dont have a genetic disposition to began with and statins would be more bad then good imo. But for those with genetic issues statins are better then without the pros out way the cons imo.

Interesting supps to look into for help that i take with my statins,, Grape seed extract "with opc's of 90%", Serrapeptase,Nattokinase,MK7 "vitamin K2"..

i'll check them out.

High cholesterol is the one of the biggest scams in medical history and some of the worst medications you can possibly take. Stay away

This would be the holy grail if such a treatment exsist..to my knowledge it does not but im all open ears;) Inflamation is also something i believe is a main focus that isnt well understood which leads to artery plaque build up,treat that and same goes. I take 40mg crestor and i believe i need to as ive been told by numerous doctors,my levels are beyond bad! total cholesterol use to be in the 400's! So i believe some of us truly need statins as that is the only thing that will ever get us near normal range and im talking the ones of us who have a genetic issues. For those taking fish oil remember you are trying to get a total of 3-4 grams epa/dha not total grams of fish oil;)

The treatment does exist, just not in the pharmaceutical model that most doctors are taught. Cholesterol is the building block of all hormones. What happens when you have a hormonal imbalance where you are deficient in one or more hormones, is that the body senses the imbalance and manufactures more cholesterol to help manufacture the hormone(s). It is not quite as simple as I have made it look; but you get the picture. By doing a full comprehensive hormone panel, many times the imbalance can be detected and corrected. Unfortunately you won't find too many doctors that understand this let alone know what to test for and how to interpret the results. Also, as you can imagine, things are much more difficult when you are on AAS as this disrupts the normal hormonal balance and throws a lot of things out of whack. Hope this makes sense.

High cholesterol is the one of the biggest scams in medical history and some of the worst medications you can possibly take. Stay away

I'm telling you flipper, the DR. has me all messed up thinking about it. He says things like: if you don't get your HDL/LDL in check your gonna end up like your father. He had a heart attack a few years back.

The doc is pushing the Meds real hard. He has already written me two scrips, I've yet to fill any of them. I've been so worried that I started myself on an asprin regiment (81mg a day)

It's fucking with my head man. I was doing dead lifts the other day and started thinking I was gonna push myself to hard and have a heart attack. I can almost visualize the plaque built up around my heart. I wish he never told me it was high.. Its been totally ruining my quality of life at this point.
I've been considering stopping my cycle because of it.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

This stuff is OTC and has a lot of great reviews. I'm on it now while taking 600 test and 500 npp. Total Cholesterol came back in the 180s, (lowest ever for me on cycle) but LDL still in the high range. It's still low compared to my old bloodwork without Cholestoff.

This gave me the same sides as lipitor only less severe,my doc kept pushing statins on me as well and I gave in. This was several years ago. After about 4 weeks, (guess it took time to build up in my system),I went to the gym one morning and just did a warm up set of rows. In the 15 seconds it took to walk to the water fountain my whole back seized up. I went home, ofcourse stopped taking them right away, but it took another 4-6 weeks for it to clear my system, (all i could do at the gym was cardio for a while). Bottom line I will never go on that stuff again.I suppose I'm one of those people who experiance "rare but serious side effects". It did work though as my cholesterol dropped to 180 from like 308.Since then I cleaned up my diet and at my last bloods my cholesterol was 206 HDL was 39,not bad consideing I was "on". Sorry for the quick post but it's getting late (gotta hit the gym),Use statins as a last resort,maybe they won't affect you the same way and BTW they are hard on the liver.

This gave me the same sides as lipitor only less severe,my doc kept pushing statins on me as well and I gave in. This was several years ago. After about 4 weeks, (guess it took time to build up in my system),I went to the gym one morning and just did a warm up set of rows. In the 15 seconds it took to walk to the water fountain my whole back seized up. I went home, ofcourse stopped taking them right away, but it took another 4-6 weeks for it to clear my system, (all i could do at the gym was cardio for a while). Bottom line I will never go on that stuff again.I suppose I'm one of those people who experiance "rare but serious side effects". It did work though as my cholesterol dropped to 180 from like 308.Since then I cleaned up my diet and at my last bloods my cholesterol was 206 HDL was 39,not bad consideing I was "on". Sorry for the quick post but it's getting late (gotta hit the gym),Use statins as a last resort,maybe they won't affect you the same way and BTW they are hard on the liver.

I ordered some.. Thanks

I'm telling you flipper, the DR. has me all messed up thinking about it. He says things like: if you don't get your HDL/LDL in check your gonna end up like your father. He had a heart attack a few years back.

The doc is pushing the Meds real hard. He has already written me two scrips, I've yet to fill any of them. I've been so worried that I started myself on an asprin regiment (81mg a day)

It's fucking with my head man. I was doing dead lifts the other day and started thinking I was gonna push myself to hard and have a heart attack. I can almost visualize the plaque built up around my heart. I wish he never told me it was high.. Its been totally ruining my quality of life at this point.
I've been considering stopping my cycle because of it.

Brother do yourself a favor, research "is high cholesterol really that bad" and "what really causes heart disease". Also there are some good bros on here like Kaladryn, Meadows and a lot of others that could probably give you some solid advice if you PM them that really understand the body. The way I look at cholesterol is if your taking something that throws off your numbers(AAS) that has side effects, then there is obviously going to be side effects for other medications that manipulate your numbers the other way( cholesterol meds). On top of that cholesterol meds due ABSOLUTLY nothing to prevent heart attacks.

Educate yourself on the actual Jobs of HDL/LDL. Just because you have high LDL doesn't necessarily mean anything bad because its the oxidation of LDL and inflammation that seems to be the main culprit(for now anyways...)

Best thing you can do is include a diet wit healthy fats(coconut oil, fish oils etc), limit your amount of carbs in particular refined and processed carbs, eat healthy meats(grass fed beef, free range eggs, fish), and drink plenty of water.

Another huge thing that people forget is stress management. Stress can and will kill you if you can't control it

Brother do yourself a favor, research "is high cholesterol really that bad" and "what really causes heart disease". Also there are some good bros on here like Kaladryn, Meadows and a lot of others that could probably give you some solid advice if you PM them that really understand the body. The way I look at cholesterol is if your taking something that throws off your numbers(AAS) that has side effects, then there is obviously going to be side effects for other medications that manipulate your numbers the other way( cholesterol meds). On top of that cholesterol meds due ABSOLUTLY nothing to prevent heart attacks.

Educate yourself on the actual Jobs of HDL/LDL. Just because you have high LDL doesn't necessarily mean anything bad because its the oxidation of LDL and inflammation that seems to be the main culprit(for now anyways...)

Best thing you can do is include a diet wit healthy fats(coconut oil, fish oils etc), limit your amount of carbs in particular refined and processed carbs, eat healthy meats(grass fed beef, free range eggs, fish), and drink plenty of water.

Another huge thing that people forget is stress management. Stress can and will kill you if you can't control it

amen, I've had so much stress the last 6 years I am literally burnt out from it.

This is true. Half the people that have heart attacks don't even have high cholesterol. These drugs make big pharma more money than anything else right now.

On top of that cholesterol meds due ABSOLUTLY nothing to prevent heart attacks

Id love to hear some of these guys chime in.
If this were true this means if im eating a perfect diet of pasture fed,coconut oils,low carb,,,good good stuff and so on and my numbers are still wayyyy outta wack i should ignore the doc's decision to take a statin? And doing so i should live a "healthier life" then "with" the statin?

A doc once told me they see allot less people back who do take the statin then those who dont?? it all confuses the fuck outta me but my numbers are so high and i have a near perfect diet and training along with cardio and does nada for my numbers! so,,,,i take a statin

Last edited:
Of course they would say that! Come on man, doctors are middle men for the drug dealers(pharm companies). You think a doc is ever gonna tell you to not take a medication??? No! They will change it up and give you a different one but god forbid you don't take any! People with high cholesterol live just as long as people with low...

Of course they would say that! Come on man, doctors are middle men for the drug dealers(pharm companies). You think a doc is ever gonna tell you to not take a medication??? No! They will change it up and give you a different one but god forbid you don't take any! People wiWth high cholesterol live just as long as people with low...
ive

Can you back this up? People with high cholesterol live just as long? Im not being one sided and i truly believe big pharm is all about the $$ but im kinda inbetween.. Ive heard all this before but still have never had a clear answer but as high as my numbers are im more scared offf the statin then being on. I mean whats bad about being on them besides its a "conspiracy" against big pharma?? I experience no sides my liver enzymes are fine and i take my coq10... But statins have no place at ALL?? Id love to hear more opinions not to say yours are invalid but lets hear some more.

On top of that cholesterol meds due ABSOLUTLY nothing to prevent heart attacks

Id love to hear some of these guys chime in.
If this were true this means if im eating a perfect diet of pasture fed,coconut oils,low carb,,,good good stuff and so on and my numbers are still wayyyy outta wack i should ignore the doc's decision to take a statin? And doing so i should live a "healthier life" then "with" the statin?

A doc once told me they see allot less people back who do take the statin then those who dont?? it all confuses the fuck outta me but my numbers are so high and i have a near perfect diet and training along with cardio and does nada for my numbers! so,,,,i take a statin

People get too caught up in the numbers. As I stated earlier, just because you poison your body into giving you a lower number for your cholesterol it doesn't change the cause of the high cholesterol and doesn't stop what is already goin on in the body; it just gives you a false sense of security. Let me try to explain what I was talking about earlier with an analogy. Suppose you have a car and its optimal running temperature is 210 degrees. Lately it has been running at 240 degrees. You get with your mechanic and he reprograms your temperature gauge so it now shows 210 degrees and you breathe a sigh of relief and thank the mechanic. Guess what, your temperature gauge may read 210, but you haven't changed the problem and your headed for an engine failure; you just don't realize it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws