over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol meds.

Regarding Red Yeast Rice I stopped taking taking when the FDA made the below changes and overall that's when many companies just stopped making it and it fell out of favor, overall. Thoughts?

It appears that the FDA (American) has banned sales of any RYR product with 'non-negligible' levels of Monacolin K/Lovastatin[1] due to the position of Lovastatin as a pharmaceutical drug;[2] this significantly reduces the supposed benefits associated with red yeast extract

https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/red-yeast-rice

I've been using low dose gw 10mg day. Sugar stays down, hdl goes up, lol stays down

^GW is a novel approach. If other common strategies fail, it’s a clever idea.

For those of you taking statins, don’t forget the Ubiquinol.

As an aside, there is a trend that seems to dispel many of the high cholesterol fears out there. Not sure I buy into all of it but when I read the articles from Functional Medicine Practitioners (MD’s) out there it sure sounds compelling at times.

AnyWHO. Back OT.....

I've said it before GW is a game changer.....that's my opinion.

I noted in another thread I do 10mgs gw everyday for about 2 weeks and drop to 3-4 days a week for another 10. Makes my lipids look beautiful and keeps the gw at a very low dose.

I noted in another thread I do 10mgs gw everyday for about 2 weeks and drop to 3-4 days a week for another 10. Makes my lipids look beautiful and keeps the gw at a very low dose.
Is there any reason you can’t just stay on 10mg per day indefinitely? It seems the whole cancer scare was dispelled

Is there any reason you can’t just stay on 10mg per day indefinitely? It seems the whole cancer scare was dispelled

I have not looked into it in a while but if you have any recent data on that it would be helpful. The data i saw before was concerning enough for me certainly not to recommend it at that time. While that data was not definitive when it comes to cancer id want better then a maybe. If however there is new data as to the trials that were performed it would be useful to see or if there have been any recent studies done showing it to be safe

Until i personally see new data that ppar delta agonist activity to that degree doesnt definitely promote tumors i personally wouldnt take it. If however one was to take it...as lot of the cancer associated with ppar delta agonist activity is colon. Without going through the entire MOA i could make a case that if we were to knock COX-2 pretty low it could potentially offset that so by using a selective cox2 inhib with GW MAAAYBE it could negate some of those effects...

I dunno if cox2 inhib would help with the pancreatic and lung cancer ppar delta though. id have to look through all the new literature over last 2 years or so.

Is there any med for cholesterol that doesn't cause the terrible side effects of a normal statin?

The majority of people I know usually have painful muscle aches, and a lot of pain. This is not an option for somebody that has osteoporosis. She is not on osteoporosis meds...but rather a bone supplement that has great results after a few years of taking it. The atorvastatin she took gave her major muscle aches. Lol the now brand Cholesterol pro (citrus bergamot) she took for a year didn't do anything.

Find the root cause of your cholesterol issues. Make sure it isn't low Free T3 (one of the most common causes) or diet related. Take a very high amount of omega 3s, citrus bergamot, and perhaps cardarine. Say no to statins.

Find the root cause of your cholesterol issues. Make sure it isn't low Free T3 (one of the most common causes) or diet related. Take a very high amount of omega 3s, citrus bergamot, and perhaps cardarine. Say no to statins.

I did not know that low Free T3 could cause cholesterol issues. Does it cause high LDL and total cholesterol?

im still too concerned about the cancer issue. I mean it works so damn good for lipids it would be a pharmaceutical companies wet dream so I still have a hard time with them ditching it and know new data to ease my mind.
My route I take a total of 180-340 total mgs in an entire year. Sometimes I even drop it to 10mgs twice a week. I can use other things to keep my lipids in check the rest of the year after the nice boost from the GW.

My issue is when they put me on a statin, ctestor @ only 5 mlg per day or something similar to that, whithin 1 week of using that statin i had a dvt in my left calve.....so now i need to see about getting on the shots, because most refuse to give me a statin after that

Be aware citrus berg can cause issues if u suffer from low blood sugar, i almost passed out using citrus berg die to my blood sugars crashing...

Hdl was 100
Ldl was 180

Shes 73 and is on bp meds with osteoporosis.

They're gonna give her 5mg crestor.
Im worried ABOUT that /myositis

The vast majority of people taking a statin will not have any significant increase in CK levels on labwork nor report any severe muscle aches as reported in the large decades plus studies. For those people who do it can often be treated or prevented by using CO Q10 or ubiquinol given the MOA of statin induced myopathy.

While i am sure there are still reports of it i have gone to meetings where quite a few presenters have said they have no seen statin induced myopathy in there patient population when adequately supplementing with Co q10 or ubiquinol. I have my own father on 300mg of ubiquinol a day as he is on max crestor dose. I also take a statin and i take 100mg ubiquinol and 200mg co q10 ( i have co q 10 left over ill be switching to ubiquinol only soon).

of note i have seen SEVERE statin induced myositis. I mean severe and i wrote it up as a case in point. 60 year old woman and the MRI findings persisted for 6 months after stopping the statin. I didnt read her 1 year follow up but I was told she still had MRI findings but slightly less pronounced. ubiquinol did not help her after it got so bad.

Statins are a tool but they are also a drug. If they are just treating a number then it may not be crucial. If the person already has bad soft plaque build up it may be saving there life.

My issue is when they put me on a statin, ctestor @ only 5 mlg per day or something similar to that, whithin 1 week of using that statin i had a dvt in my left calve.....so now i need to see about getting on the shots, because most refuse to give me a statin after that

Be aware citrus berg can cause issues if u suffer from low blood sugar, i almost passed out using citrus berg die to my blood sugars crashing...
Dvt?
They wanna put my mom on 5mg crestor

I was getting cleared for shoulder surgery and I had to get a stress test for clearance. Everything came back ok but Cholesterol was over 300. Heart doctor put me on 10 mgs crestor and told me I would be on "the max" (40 mgs) claimed it was hereditary.
I take 10mgs 3X per week only and the numbers are good with no sides.

I was getting cleared for shoulder surgery and I had to get a stress test for clearance. Everything came back ok but Cholesterol was over 300. Heart doctor put me on 10 mgs crestor and told me I would be on "the max" (40 mgs) claimed it was hereditary.
I take 10mgs 3X per week only and the numbers are good with no sides.

What are your numbers now? How long did it take to get them in range? Do they stay in range even when on cycle?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws