over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol meds.

I thought CoQ10 supplementation was supposed to resolve most of the issues with statin related myopathy. I work with my PCP to keep my statin use as low as possible and do my best to eat tons of fibrous vegetables and conduct plenty of high intensity cardio. CoQ10 from Costco is relatively inexpensive as a supplement. Obviously everyone is different and what works for me may be inadequate for others with more serious cholesterol complications.

I thought CoQ10 supplementation was supposed to resolve most of the issues with statin related myopathy. I work with my PCP to keep my statin use as low as possible and do my best to eat tons of fibrous vegetables and conduct plenty of high intensity cardio. CoQ10 from Costco is relatively inexpensive as a supplement. Obviously everyone is different and what works for me may be inadequate for others with more serious cholesterol complications.

What statin and dose do you take?

In general 10-20mg Atorvastatin (Lipitor) EOD depending on labs results and what I'm supplementing with. Off cycle I'm fine with 10mg EOD. On cycle we usually bump it up to 20mg EOD or 10mg ED largely because of the Letrozole I take as an aromatase inhibitor which mucks up cholesterol levels. I'm not on crazy cycles though. Usually test, dbol, and occasionally Deca. I consider myself fortunate that my cholesterol challenges are low compared to many other anabolic users. No cholesterol issues in my gene pool.

My issue is when they put me on a statin, ctestor @ only 5 mlg per day or something similar to that, whithin 1 week of using that statin i had a dvt in my left calve.....so now i need to see about getting on the shots, because most refuse to give me a statin after that

Be aware citrus berg can cause issues if u suffer from low blood sugar, i almost passed out using citrus berg die to my blood sugars crashing...
Shots?

5mg crestor made my mom itch all over including inside mouth.

Idk what I'm gonna do for her especially since berg didn't work. She may need statin alternative.

5mg crestor made my mom itch all over including inside mouth.

Idk what I'm gonna do for her especially since berg didn't work. She may need statin alternative.
I've been on 80 mg/ day of Lipitor and had zero sides. I think for the vast majority the drugs cause very few problems. I started out on the larger dose of Crestor but switched over to Lipitor to save $$. At the time Lipitor had a generic and Crestor did not. My cardiologist called Crestor "the gorilla statin" because of its power. Has your mother tried switching to Lipitor? She didn't have any problems with rhabdo did she?

Been on statins now for nearly 13 years.

I've been on 80 mg/ day of Lipitor and had zero sides. I think for the vast majority the drugs cause very few problems. I started out on the larger dose of Crestor but switched over to Lipitor to save $$. At the time Lipitor had a generic and Crestor did not. My cardiologist called Crestor "the gorilla statin" because of its power. Has your mother tried switching to Lipitor? She didn't have any problems with rhabdo did she?

Been on statins now for nearly 13 years.
She unfortunately couldn't take it for more than a a week.
She was itching all over. Throat as ears and everything.

She unfortunately couldn't take it for more than a a week.
She was itching all over. Throat as ears and everything.
Ok, so she tried both Lipitor and Crestor? Maybe the doctor has another idea. Definitely sounds like an allergic reaction. Never heard of that before with statins. Thats unfortunate.

Not the best answer, but did she try taking an antihistamine to minimize the itching? Not sure how bad it was, maybe it would help. Since it's an allergy, id also worry about other inflammation.

i replyed to ur pm.... pcks9 inhibitors

dont forget about zetia as well, and other drugs that remove cholesterol before it gets to ur liver....

Dr has me on Atrovastatin 40mg/ed...No sides that they said I could get.

i replyed to ur pm.... pcks9 inhibitors

dont forget about zetia as well, and other drugs that remove cholesterol before it gets to ur liver....
fibrates, named tricor and lopid also may help...vitamin b3/niacin...

Ok, so she tried both Lipitor and Crestor? Maybe the doctor has another idea. Definitely sounds like an allergic reaction. Never heard of that before with statins. Thats unfortunate.

Not the best answer, but did she try taking an antihistamine to minimize the itching? Not sure how bad it was, maybe it would help. Since it's an allergy, id also worry about other inflammation.
Yeah she used an anti histamine.
She still itchy inside and out.

We did switch her jarow citrus bergamot for now brand that has plant sterols in it at 500mg after taking 1000mg a day for a month. Maybe we should use that jarrow again and stay high dosage or is that Now Cholesterol support good.

Was the switch to NOW cholesterol pro not a good move?
Should I have stuck with jarrow

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-21-21-15-24-432_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-21-21-15-24-432_com.android.chrome.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2021-04-21-21-15-18-032_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-21-21-15-18-032_com.android.chrome.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
Was the switch to NOW cholesterol pro not a good move?
Should I have stuck with jarrow
Id offer an opinion but I know nothing about those supplements since Im able to take the statin without any issues. Wish I could help.

Id offer an opinion but I know nothing about those supplements since Im able to take the statin without any issues. Wish I could help.
I hope someone can come in with info

What is her diet like? Sometimes people think if they take 500mg of 1 supp their HDL will magically double. Sometimes it can happen but most of the time they may need to change the bad first. By bad perhaps something she is taking that worsens cholesterol. Then comes diet and well all the obvious things.

Did she just take 2 caps per day so 500mg? For many they may need at least double that. I find many of these supps often help a little so it's often beneficial to add a few to help things from different angles in a sense. So it could be citrus bergamot, garlic and krill oil for example.

If needed add some extra virgin olive oil and an avocado each day as well. Does she consume much fibre (specifically soluble fibre)? If any crap foods are consumed take them away and replace with nutrient dense ones (fruits, vegetables, nuts, oily fish etc). Often many have genetically bad cholesterol and they may not eat how they should so to make a significant difference you have to do more than just add 1 supp.

Excellent post as usual

What is the verdict on statins causing increase coronary artery calcification?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws