over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol too high - ideas to lower

blast more dnp with PSMF diet and get peeled

then u wont have any triglycerides :eek:

Not fasted?
Might as well test the neighbors wife to see if your is pregnant???
Fast at LEAST 10 hours, test and report back for help.
Nothing that cant be managed.

Yea, assuming your blood work is accurate (pulled after fasting), it would be crazy not to follow up with a doc. And it would be considered malpractice if they did anything but recommend a statin.

And those of us that have had an MI, would say take it. I wish I would have sooner.

I also agree with above poster that statins are demonized around here for essentially no reason.

Hey guys, been a few months or so.
Just had my semi-annual bloodwork and my cholesterol levels are too high [emoji22]

LDL was over 200 and HDL at 45 (I think) and triglycerides were high

To be fair, I wasn't fasted so I'm sure that threw it off. So without statins, what would you guys recommend? I'm 5'8/9 195 currently and honestly not concerned with gaining size or anything. Have 2 kids and being here for them for the next 50 yrs is my #1 concern!

I want to meet my grandkids and watch them grow up!

Any dietary recommendations? Things to avoid?

Thanks in advance!!!

Clean up your diet and it'll bring down the LDL and triglycerides. Retest in 4 weeks. Fasted this time! I wouldn't be too worried brother. Mine fluctuate soo much that imo lipids are a primitive way of trying to diagnose anything. When my LDL is high I know it's time to cut out the pizza and ice cream haha. 6 months later it'll be half of what it was. I've had it under 100 and over 200 in the same year and back. Lots of factors to consider.

Last edited:
Eliminate sugar from your life. Don't listen to the "everything in moderation" nonsense. When it comes to sugar, there is no benefit to moderation and should be eliminated (except for natural sugars from things like fruits or yogurt). It will make a big difference in your numbers.

Also, consider more challenging cardio in addition to your dog walks.

No flush niacin

My total cholesterol got up to 240. I was taking about 2 grams of fish oil per day. I switched to krill oil (1.5 grams) and within 4 months my total cholesterol dropped to 171. LDL dropped below 100 for the first time ever, and my HDL rose to 65. Didn't change anything else.

Eliminate sugar from your life. Don't listen to the "everything in moderation" nonsense. When it comes to sugar, there is no benefit to moderation and should be eliminated (except for natural sugars from things like fruits or yogurt). It will make a big difference in your numbers.

Also, consider more challenging cardio in addition to your dog walks.

...And if that does not bring it DOWN, dont know what will.

My total cholesterol got up to 240. I was taking about 2 grams of fish oil per day. I switched to krill oil (1.5 grams) and within 4 months my total cholesterol dropped to 171. LDL dropped below 100 for the first time ever, and my HDL rose to 65. Didn't change anything else.

Fish oil is like magic. I was taking 10g of fish oil per day once upon time.

I might try Krill oil, but not sure.

I heard Krill oil is the best out there.

I got very high HDL, 85.

My cholesterol a couple years ago was 315 when I had a stress test, doc told me it was hereditary and put me on 10 mgs of Crestor, I only take 1-10mg tab every three days and it seems to do the trick.
Not sure why people here are so afraid of statins.

It's not a "fear" of statins, it's simply not wanting to take medications if something can be remedied without them.

Not sure why some people are so quick to jump on meds instead of trying to fix their issues naturally

Not fasted?
Might as well test the neighbors wife to see if your is pregnant???
Fast at LEAST 10 hours, test and report back for help.
Nothing that cant be managed.

Yeah I botched it lol
Will get retested and report in a few weeks, fasted this time

It's not a "fear" of statins, it's simply not wanting to take medications if something can be remedied without them.

Not sure why some people are so quick to jump on meds instead of trying to fix their issues naturally

Good mindset. There is absolutely nothing a statin can do that you can't do naturally on your own.

Yeah I botched it lol
Will get retested and report in a few weeks, fasted this time

Fasting isn't critical when assessing lipids. Your trigs will transiently rise in a non fasted state. It's not a bad idea to test both fasted and non fasted. This can help give you a better understanding of your individualized postprandial triglycerides rise.

Last edited:

What brand of krill oil did you use?

Look into red yeast rice supplements. They lower cholesterol.

If you decide to use red rice yeast make sure to take COQ10

Good mindset. There is absolutely nothing a statin can do that you can't do naturally on your own.

So were on a site geared toward drug use, and guys taking grams of AAS is ok but a statin that helps your heart is bad. Red rice yeast works very little, eating healthy works very little when inherited cholesterol. Statins are proven to work and if on a medical plan much cheaper than all these other suggestions. I admit, I did not want to take another med, and I was able to get my numbers down SOME naturally but I was not below 200 until I started taking Crestor, I also admit I do not take every day and I also still take supplements to help.

If you do your research you will see that high LDL is not a bad thing. It has no impact on heart disease period. Big pharma has been pushing this for years to sell pills. There is however a correlation between low LDL and heart disease.

The triglycerides to HDL ratio is the new gold standard in my opinion for assessing the risk.

Remember cholesterol helps build your hormones. What do you think statins do?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131