over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cholesterol users only please

So sugar leads to heart attacks…

you guys serious right now? this is ridiculous..

go back to your doctor and ask him for a NON statin cholesterol medication based on your symptoms.. we can NOT help you..

That is what I was thinking about. Not sure how that works.
So, I believe it goes something like;

you have plaque build up but if you have low inflammation in the arterial wall, blood can still flow. The inflammation causes the arteries to become stiff and narrow which may trigger a blocksge

idk if legit, but I believe that’s the claim

Statins will wreck your Test levels if Natty (test is made in Cholesterol). (So TRT is your friend if on Statins).
Ive been on for 15 years (20 mg Simvastatin) but have also gone off and did my own thing for a while (RYR with 10 mg Lovastatin, etc).

Joints are now bugging me, unsure if just 43 years of heavy training, or everything combined. (Age, statins, training, etc)...

What dose do you take?
I used to take 5mg daily, now I take 20mg prior to my rest day, and 10mg prior to my second rest day, so a total of 30mg weekly split into 20 and 10 mg taken 3-4 days apart to avoid excessive increases in CK.

I trialled 5mg twice a week but it barely touched my lipids so I increased the dosage. I’m someone who naturally has very high LDL levels though and I’ve seen bloodwork of users who have very low LDL (although low HDL is a given) even whilst on orals so it seems that statins aren’t needed by everyone.

Looks like there are plenty of cases of joint pain out there, even though it's not listed as a side effect, joint pain.

I've been having bad low back pain for years now and my knees hurt as well. Never did before my heart attack. Now I'm starting to wonder if the lipitor is affecting me this way. I never really consider a link between the two.

They put me on atorvastatin after my heart attack. I took for maybe 2 months and i could barely even lift my leg in the car after lifting because my joints were hurting so bad. My Cholesterol is like 120 without atorvastatin so i told them i refused to take it anymore.

What ever you do, don't let them put you on lipitor, that shit is terrible. Joint pain over all just felt like I was hit by a truck.

Same here, worst joint pain ever. And I swear that is what aggravated my tricep tendon and caused it to snap. Never had any issues prior to.
I certainly never had that and take the highest dose, 80mg. I now suffer from low back pain and knees, but I am 51 years old and not fit anymore after my heart attack. I think mine is age. When I started taking it at age 38 I had no join pain at all. Zero.

I could write an essay about what to do naturally to improve cholesterol markers. I could also list various supplements that many of us use on here that can have good effect. All that information is all over the forum. However if we are just on the subject of statins I would suggest looking into pitavastatin (livalo) for a generally well tolerated statin. Now that is far from guaranteed but if you are having issues on another statin and want to try something new (under a doctors supervision) I would suggest mentioning that to him/her. I would 100% recommend using a decent dose of ubiquinol (co-enzyme Q10) and Vit D whilst using any statin to minimize potential side effects.

I certainly never had that and take the highest dose, 80mg. I now suffer from low back pain and knees, but I am 51 years old and not fit anymore after my heart attack. I think mine is age. When I started taking it at age 38 I had no join pain at all. Zero.
Might just depend on the individual, you were a lucky one then.

Might just depend on the individual, you were a lucky one then.
I dont think I was lucky, just people with the bad joint pain were unlucky. Majority are ok. I was really messed up taking a proton pump inhibitor. Most dont have the severe muscle cramps I had. Its like playing slots.

To reiterate Elvia's recommendation, if you use a statin you should be using CoQ10. Statins interfere with the production of this compound and it is thought to be the mechanism for randomyolysis.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131