over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cholesterol

kandaandm

Registered
I got a message on my machine today from my doc....i had some blood work done after my cycle and he told me everything was good...except my cholesterol was up a little....218......what is a normal level?

What's your HDL and LDL breakdown?

I don't know the breakdown....the nurse had left me a message...I just know that she said 218....other then that...I won't know until tomorrow when I pick up my blood work info....

Numbers

You'd like your total cholesterol to be below 200 - the further the better, though it's difficult to get below 160 or so.

As Xcel mentioned, it's your HDL and LDL you'd like to know also. HDL should be 40 or above, and the new guidelines for LDL say 100 or less.

Aerobics will help raise your HDL, and soluble fibre (like oatmeal daily) will lower LDL and total cholesterol. Also, look at the type of fat you're taking in. Use as much Flaxseed oil, and Hempseed oil as you can (they mix well in protein drinks), and cut the butter/cheese/meat fats as low as possible. Fish oil capsules are good, too, you just sort of smell like you just eaten fish if you use enoungh of them to make a difference.

It'll probably take a couple of months or so of these changes to see a noticable difference.

Also check out Policosanol

A product derived from the waxy coating of sugar cane that lowers both the total cholesterol and the "bad" low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and raises the levels of the "good" high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. A review of placebo-controlled studies using policosanol found that at doses of 10 to 20 mg per day, policosanol lowers total cholesterol by 17 to 21%, lowers LDL cholesterol by 21 to 29%, and raises HDL cholesterol by 8 to 15% Triglyceride levels are not influenced by policosanol. It was concluded that policosanol seems to be a promising phytochemical alternative to classic lipid-lowering agents such as the statins and deserves further evaluation. (Am Heart J 2002;143:356-65)

OK....I'm looking at my lab results right now.....Total cholesterol is 218...triglycerides 189, HDL 48, VLDL 38, LDL 132......I'm about 1 month off a 16 week cycle of 800mgs enanthate weekly, 400mgs Equipoise, 300mgs Propinate, and first 6 weeks 40 mgs Dbol a day and arimidex everey other day.......going through my PCT now HCG and clomid......are those normal results for post cycle?

Your numbers...

Triglycerides - good
HDL - very good!
LDL - a bit high, but not too worrisome, and can be brought down with lots of soluble fibre, and less saturated fat
Total Cholesterol - a bit over the line of 200, but not too much, and will be helped by the fibre/low saturated fat approach, too
VLDL - okay

As to what's normal after cycles, it's hard to say, and will vary from person to person. Your numbers are pretty good overall, and much better that many members of the cigarette-smoking, junk-eating public!

You should be able to improve them with just dietary changes.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131