over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol

WE MUST NOT CONFUSE SLO-NIACIN WITH SLOW RELEASE NIACIN THOUGH.. slo-niacin is a brand name and very safe and effective.. slow release niacin should be avoided since numerous studies show liver toxic..

WE MUST NOT CONFUSE SLO-NIACIN WITH SLOW RELEASE NIACIN THOUGH.. slo-niacin is a brand name and very safe and effective.. slow release niacin should be avoided since numerous studies show liver toxic..

Lats, you are absolutely right... I should have clarified.....

Looking at the website it says it "Unique, patented polygel® system gradually delivers niacin
into the body"

How is gradually different than slow release? Not sure I see how this is different. THanks.

Can you post any of those studies?

I would take a 10 point increase in liver enzyme level to have my HDL in the normal range from such a low point. Fair trade as I have not heard of, and have not personally experienced, terribly high our out of range liver enzymes with niacin use at or under 1500mg per day.

Skip

Is this a brand name? Also is it over OTC?

Thanks, PJ

Slo-Niacin from Upsher-Smith, its OTC.

Here is some info from the website: **broken link removed**

Blood was drawn following a high-fat meal challenge. (Yes, a high-fat challenge, not a carbohydrate challenge. In this study, there were only 17 grams carbohydrates in the test meal, but 100 grams fat. More on this in future.) Exercise consisted of walking for 50 minutes at a moderate pace one hour prior to the meal challenge.

You can see from the graph that exercise partially corrected the increased insulin level provoked by niacin.

Judging from this and other studies, exercise can help minimize the insulin-blocking effects of niacin. It doesn't take much, just moderate exercise for at least 30 minutes.

Adequate sleep can also help, since sleep deprivation is a potent trigger for insulin resistance, only worsened in the presence of niacin. Vitamin D supplementation to achieve desirable blood levels (which I define as 60-70 ng/ml) is also an effective means to minimize this effect.

But niacin comes with a crazy "hot flush," a warm, prickly feeling that usually envelops the upper chest, neck and face that is, without a doubt, annoying. Around 1 in 20 people simply cannot tolerate any amount of niacin >100 mg, while others have no problem even into the 3000 mg per day or more range. (Tolerance to niacin is genetically determined, governed by the rapidity of metabolism to the niacin metabolite, nicotinuric acid.)

The niacin flush has spawned an entire panel of niacin-like scams, agents that sound like niacin or may even contain niacin, but exert no beneficial effect whatsoever:

Flush-free niacin--I have previously posted on this useless but ubiquitous preparation that often costs several times more than conventional niacin. Flush-free niacin, or inositol hexaniacinate, does indeed contain niacin, but it is not released in the human body. You simply pass it out down the toilet, where this preparation belongs in the first place.

Nicotinamide--Also called niacinamide. While the nicotinamide/niacinamide forms of vitamin B3 can be used to treat B3 deficiency ("pellagra"), they do not reproduce the lipid and lipoprotein effects of niacin. For our purposes, they are useless.

Niacin-containing heart-healthy supplements--These are the multi-supplements that contain a little of everything that might be beneficial for the heart, but none at a dose that provides genuine benefit. Don't throw your money away.

There's also a prescription niacin, Niaspan, that costs 20-fold more than the best over-the-counter preparation, Sloniacin. Niaspan has yielded hundreds of millions of dollars for the pharmaceutical industry. Your money, in my view, is far better spent on Sloniacin (around $12-14 per bottle of 100 tablets of 500 mg).

There is much more at:
**broken link removed**

Long term

Would there be any negative issues taking Nolva, Clomid as well as Aromasin long term, off or on cycle?

I always take either nolva or Aromasin while on cycle. I been off for a while now, taking Clomid 25mg each day still, 20mg Nolva and 12.5mg Aromasin eod for the last 7-8 weeks I been off and feel perfect.

I will be going in for blood work to check all levels within the next week or two, but if theres no negative in taking these supps long term for prevention and keeping cholesterol levels in check I will.

All 31 men received aspirin and another drug known to reduce blockages in the arteries. Another 10 men who had angina-like symptoms (chest pain due to insufficient oxygen to the heart muscle), but normal coronary arteries, also received tamoxifen but no other treatment.

I imagine we want to take baby aspirin here?

This is good to know because I used to get this once in a while and never knew why.

I imagine we want to take baby aspirin here?

This is good to know because I used to get this once in a while and never knew why.

Is there a certain kind of aspirin thats better than another?

Lats, what do you recommend?

Killing estrogen kills your lipid profile.............use aromasin instead..better yet toremifene (SERM)......get a doc to prescribe NIASPAN

So u r saying that its better to use Toremifene then aromasin...
R u talking about on cycle and in PCT...

is it just me or does exemestane just knock your dick in the dirt.
idk, i started with 500mg niacin in the am b4 my fasted cardio, it sucks but so does the cardio so might as well kill em both at the same time right lol
now i use arginine as well as take half of a 325mg aspirin in the am so i take it from reading these studies im where i need to be.

phil or skipper if u read this critique me for my heart health
100mg ubidecarnone co-q10
1/2 325mg aspirin
5-10g L-arg a day
500mg niacin

i may add in the exemestane again at a qtr tab n see if it doesnt kill my libido
frk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420