over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol

Power Juicer

Registered
Alright guys, here's the million dollar question...how to keep cholesterol in check while on cycle. So far I have ran 3 cycles and it never fails that my cholesterol will be completely wrecked (low HDL, high LDL). I use the normal supplements: fish oil, garlic, multi-vitamin, reservatrol, CoQ-10, etc... My diet does not look too bad either (to me anyways, like lean meats, whole grains, and lots of water).

I won't say who it is but someone very close to me has never once had an HDL lower than 32 and most times it is high 30s even while on cycle and he cycles long cycles. He changed from exemestane to letro and his HDL was recorded as 7 a couple weeks ago.

My point: be careful with your anti estrogens. Letro and arimidex wreak havoc on your HDL. Use exemestane. Keep your niacin intake higher, too. He let the niacin dosing slide, as well.

Skip

Yes

Killing estrogen kills your lipid profile.............use aromasin instead..better yet toremifene (SERM)......get a doc to prescribe NIASPAN

I won't say who it is but someone very close to me has never once had an HDL lower than 32 and most times it is high 30s even while on cycle and he cycles long cycles. He changed from exemestane to letro and his HDL was recorded as 7 a couple weeks ago.

My point: be careful with your anti estrogens. Letro and arimidex wreak havoc on your HDL. Use exemestane. Keep your niacin intake higher, too. He let the niacin dosing slide, as well.

Skip

Yea, I always use Adex EOD on cycle:(

Skip

Ive never heard of exemestane... Is there a sponsor that has it? Can you PM me? How much do you take? Your recommend this over arimidex? Do you run it PCT? or should nolvadex be used PCT?

Arimidex is the single worst compound I have ever seen in regards to destroying HDL.

JM

exemestane

exemestane has the trademark name of 'aromasin'. should be as easily attainable as the rest of the anti-Es.

Nolvadex may not be the best option for estrogen control on cycle, but its reported not only to not mess with your cholesterol, but actually improves it.
i searched google a few weeks ago on this. easy to find studies.

I got gyno from my last cycle, so to fight it I used alot of Adex....Maybe this is why my HDL was so bad???? OK, now I am going to have them cut out:( Can they come back after the surgery if I dont run any anti-estrogens?

your gyno can still return after surgery if there isn't a complete removal of the glandular tissue, rare but i have seen it happen. plus gyno removal or not you shuld still try and keep it under control during a cycle that is unless your into that michelin man look

Well

exemestane has the trademark name of 'aromasin'. should be as easily attainable as the rest of the anti-Es.

Nolvadex may not be the best option for estrogen control on cycle, but its reported not only to not mess with your cholesterol, but actually improves it.
i searched google a few weeks ago on this. easy to find studies.

In a recent study....

toremifene lowered LDL and raised HDL by 14%
tamoxifen lowered LDL alot but still lowered HDL by 5%

http://www.druglib.com/abstract/sa/saarto-t_j-clin-oncol_19960200.html

look at this study in regards to nolvadex and arteries.. pretty amazing compound.. read the whole article..

Importance of the study: The same drug that treats and helps reduce the risk of breast cancer in women may help unclog arteries in men, possibly leading to a lower risk of heart attack.

Study description: Thirty-one men with coronary artery disease participated in this 56-day study conducted at Papworth Hospital in Cambridge, England. Fifteen received no tamixofen (Nolvadex) treatment, while the other 16 received 40 milligrams a day of tamoxifen (twice the daily dose women take to treat breast cancer).

All 31 men received aspirin and another drug known to reduce blockages in the arteries. Another 10 men who had angina-like symptoms (chest pain due to insufficient oxygen to the heart muscle), but normal coronary arteries, also received tamoxifen but no other treatment.

Study results: A special ultrasound technique was used to measure blood flow in the forearms of the men in the study. The arteries of the men who took tamoxifen expanded to accommodate more blood flow than the arteries of those who didn’t receive the drug.

This suggests that tamoxifen reduced the buildup of cholesterol (plaque) and reduced the arteries’ rigidity, both risk factors for heart attacks. In fact, the arteries of those who took tamoxifen resembled those of a younger person with no coronary artery disease The men taking tamoxifen also showed lower levels of cholesterol, triglycerides (a type of fat in the blood), lipoprotein(a) (a special fat-protein combination), and fibrinogen (a blood-clotting substance) —all additional risk factors for heart disease.

These tamoxifen benefits went beyond those seen in the men who took only the cholesterol-lowering drug. Take-home message: While this study was very preliminary and small, the results suggest that tamoxifen—and perhaps other drugs within the same family—may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Tamoxifen belongs to a class of drugs known as SERMs, selective estrogen receptor modulators, which mimic the actions of estrogen in some tissues of the body.

Tamox, Vit-D3, and Fish oils.
My HDL was 57 a couple weeks after a month of A50s...

hawkmoon.. was that 20mgs of nolva a day?

Here are two sites with the best info regarding Niacin, and HDL/LDL......

This site specifically recommends slo-niacin:
**broken link removed**

This site gives a good break down on HDL/LDL:
**broken link removed**

Like Phil recommended Niaspan works good, but is expensive. Slo-Niacin works as well if not better, and is clinically proven. Check out the above website for more detailed information.

I currently take 1500mg of Slo-Niacin all at once (in the AM) and I have seen my HDL go up from 27-37 in 6 weeks. The mentioned website recommends 1000mg-1500mg all at once because of the liver toxisity. It is recommended to expose your liver all at once than throughout the day.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:

Skip

When using exemestane, what dosage are you or your buddy using? and how often? When I used Arimidex, I would take 1/4 mg every 3 days and never had any problems....

Is exemestane ran PCT also instead of nolvadex? Or with nolvadex, clomid?

It has been the only anti estrogen I have personally used for a long time until briefly switching this year only to find my HDL in the shitter. It goes by the name aromasin, too.

Most lower dose test cycles you can get by with 12.5mg ED but if you find you need a higher dose, go with 25mg ED and you should be covered well.

I am not as much of a fan of nolva because it works against GH by lowering IGF levels. Nolva is good for your HDL but aromasin (exemestane) doesn't bother your cholesterol levels so if you don't have a problem with cholesterol off of exemestane or other anti estrogens, you won't have a problem while on it.

Skip
Ive never heard of exemestane... Is there a sponsor that has it? Can you PM me? How much do you take? Your recommend this over arimidex? Do you run it PCT? or should nolvadex be used PCT?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131