over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Christian Thibaudeauxs theories on loaded stretching

iVE READ RTHe article,now I also wander where does pnf stretching can come in this,I mean (not really sure I am getting this right,but I was doing my own modified version of Dante's stretch from the bar and adding some pnf stretch as in stretch-relax/contract a bit like his pullup from the smith and bench if you remember a recent thread where you also push into the eccentric at the bottom of the movement as he clarifies. that logic I apply to the final loadedstretch(I use no weight but also isometric contraction/pnf.

or am I not getting the concept of pnf stretch right? sound very similar and is supposed to also better innervate muscle somewhat/improve isometric?

iVE READ RTHe article,now I also wander where does pnf stretching can come in this,I mean (not really sure I am getting this right,but I was doing my own modified version of Dante's stretch from the bar and adding some pnf stretch as in stretch-relax/contract a bit like his pullup from the smith and bench if you remember a recent thread where you also push into the eccentric at the bottom of the movement as he clarifies. that logic I apply to the final loadedstretch(I use no weight but also isometric contraction/pnf.

or am I not getting the concept of pnf stretch right? sound very similar and is supposed to also better innervate muscle somewhat/improve isometric?

im not familiar with pnf stretching....but are you meaning going into a stretch position...and then maintaining a bit of an iso hold in that position...i.e keeping the muscle contracted? If so this is one of the things Christian mentions. Dantes stretch was always more of a passive stretch. I do like you mentioned too though when doing the hanging stretch where I contract just my scapulae to pull myself up an inch or so and I do it several times. It feels good and allows me to get into the stretch a little deeper

im not familiar with pnf stretching....but are you meaning going into a stretch position...and then maintaining a bit of an iso hold in that position...i.e keeping the muscle contracted? If so this is one of the things Christian mentions. Dantes stretch was always more of a passive stretch. I do like you mentioned too though when doing the hanging stretch where I contract just my scapulae to pull myself up an inch or so and I do it several times. It feels good and allows me to get into the stretch a little deeper

yes,this is what I THINK is also a pnf stretch

U can google his name and a bunch of them come up also. I love to listen to medows to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most stuff I read was from John Parillo in the 80s and early 90s. Extreme strectching in stretch positions with weights and then after flexing and contacting the muscle for 30-60 sec.

I used to do these on weighted dips, I forgot about them, gotta start again. Not sure how you would do it with most of the other muscles.

Ya I've read that article and it's actually pretty good for a flex article. I definitely think the stretching helps create fascia volume allowing for enhanced growth. Hyperplasia I'm not quite sold on yet. I was more curious about what you thought about his theory of it and mTor activation?

Just saw a post by Dante on inter-set loaded stretching. Going to give this a try!

It was a post by someone else, Dante reposted it in his story…. No idea why I can’t find it now….

I think its in the stories
I’ll check and try to find it. Ive read a lot by him on stretching and am always looking for more. Extreme stretches have drastically improved the looks of my pecs, lats, and triceps

Is this the post?

Attachments

• 18C83B47-5F6E-4CA4-BC89-D0C14C9F6B86.png
    18C83B47-5F6E-4CA4-BC89-D0C14C9F6B86.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 194D696C-F9B0-40B8-A5A6-62FCC123B988.png
    194D696C-F9B0-40B8-A5A6-62FCC123B988.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 38
  • F6FB8253-CD76-45F5-9AD0-4CE6BAF4E198.png
    F6FB8253-CD76-45F5-9AD0-4CE6BAF4E198.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 41
Is this the post?

This isn’t it actually but this is more informative. Does anyone have a link where Dante has posted about this in past on here or IG? Looking for specific weight loaded exercises to try this with. Chest/tris on the dip bar is listed above. And I’m aware of weighted hangs for lats. What about for shoulders?
bis? Let the weight hang on last rep of preachers maybe?

Found this

This isn’t it actually but this is more informative. Does anyone have a link where Dante has posted about this in past on here or IG? Looking for specific weight loaded exercises to try this with. Chest/tris on the dip bar is listed above. And I’m aware of weighted hangs for lats. What about for shoulders?
bis? Let the weight hang on last rep of preachers maybe?
He’s posted it on here, but go sign up on intensemuscle and there’s pages and pages of this stuff. There’s a sticky titled extreme stretches that teaches all of it

Found this
There is an immeasurable amount of knowledge in just these stickies

Attachments

• F0728C21-C1C0-4641-B395-4F7AADF15F47.png
    F0728C21-C1C0-4641-B395-4F7AADF15F47.png
    296.3 KB · Views: 21
Just a few corrections:

1. I first talked about loaded stretching in 2006, in my book "Theory and Application of Modern Strength and Power Methods"... that was 15 years ago. And even at that point I had been using it for a few years. Understand that I'm first and foremost a strength coach, not a bodybuilding coach. Some of the methods that are fairly novel in bodybuilding have actually been around for a while in strength training. THE OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE: bodybuilding has several methods that are just beginning to be used in the training of athletes.

2. My original "inspiration" for using loaded stretching was Jay Schroedder (around 2003), a strength coach who gained some fame by training combine freak Adam Archuletta and published a DVD called "Freaks of Training". His system has 30 to 50% of its volume in the form of loaded stretching.

3. I was always a big believer in loaded stretching and, of course, read the work of Dante and Dr. Strevenson. As it was mentioned earlier, I even found out that Chuck Sipes (1960s bodybuilder) used loaded stretching (hanging lats stretch) as one of his main back-building exercises. When I talk about the method in seminars I mention Dr. Scott, Dante, Chuck Sips. Shroedder and even John Parillo who popularized fascia stretching to help with hypertrophy way before "loaded stretching" was a thing.

4. I don't know where this plagiarism without giving credit comes from. If there is something I ALWAYS do is tell others where a certain method or approach comes from. I'm two things: 1) someone who wants to be liked and get along with everybody, the last thing I'd do is steal from someone and I actually WANT to give credit, in part, I'll admit, to be liked by that person. 2) My brain function by excitement: when I find something super cool, my excitement actually grows when I learn about the origin and creator of the method and actually want to share that info because, in my mind, it will get people more excited to try the concept themselves.

5. Let's face it. Except for new training technology, most of what we do in training has been done before. Most of the methods that I use with athletes have been used for decades. In fact, I believe that a large proportion of the most effective strength-building methods come from the 50s, 60s and 70s. For example progressive range of motion training (Paul Anderson), Clusters (Carl Miller), functional isometrics (John Ziegler), partial overloads (Anthony Dittilo), wave loading (Ivan Abadjiev), eccentric overloads with weight releasers (Soviet weightlifters) are among my favorite strength methods and they are all at least 40 years old. Chances are that if someone "comes up" with a "new" method, it has been done somewhere by someone at some point. Doesn't mean that the person didn't "invent it"... he could come up with the method by himself, not knowing that someone else did it before. But in my case, if I know where it comes from, I always say it because I believe it actually make the method more interesting.

6. As it was reported, when I write articles for another site (I have my own website too) they buy the original material, but then can edit it as they please.

7. As for explaining the mechanism behind why loaded stretching works, those who were at the presentation on the topic (including Dr. Stevenson and John Meadows) will agree that it is not the case. I explain how it increases mTOR activation, IGF-1 levels, IGF-1 sensitivity, fast-twitch fiber recruitment through hypoxia and fatigue, etc. Also how it impacts reprogramming of the muscle recruitment pattern. But there is a limit to how deep you can go in a 90 minutes presentation.

8. The image of a person (me in this case) that you have in your head can actually be far from reality, especially if you judge someone by the limited info you can find on the internet or let your own negative bias toward a certain site influence how you perceive me.

9. My name is spelled "Thibaudeau" not "Thibaudeaux", I'm not Cajun :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws