over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Christian Thibaudeauxs theories on loaded stretching

This isn’t it actually but this is more informative. Does anyone have a link where Dante has posted about this in past on here or IG? Looking for specific weight loaded exercises to try this with. Chest/tris on the dip bar is listed above. And I’m aware of weighted hangs for lats. What about for shoulders?
bis? Let the weight hang on last rep of preachers maybe?

No definitely no on the preachers....I have so many extreme stretches it is really hard to put them in one place.....you really have to think this stuff out....preachers would be dangerous....absolutely do NOT want to do that.....think more about stretching the bicep backward (and slowly pushing into the stretch) like with a high pulley attachement you hold on to and then twist the opposite way and lean forward.....see even that is hard to write up.....these stretches are tough to write about its one of those things that i can show someone in person to tweak but dont feel so comfortable relaying to them without physically showing them....again you have to think these things out carefully

No definitely no on the preachers....I have so many extreme stretches it is really hard to put them in one place.....you really have to think this stuff out....preachers would be dangerous....absolutely do NOT want to do that.....think more about stretching the bicep backward (and slowly pushing into the stretch) like with a high pulley attachement you hold on to and then twist the opposite way and lean forward.....see even that is hard to write up.....these stretches are tough to write about its one of those things that i can show someone in person to tweak but dont feel so comfortable relaying to them without physically showing them....again you have to think these things out carefully

Thank you brother! Checking out the stickies on intense muscle now, looking forward to trying some of these out.

Just a few corrections:

1. I first talked about loaded stretching in 2006, in my book "Theory and Application of Modern Strength and Power Methods"... that was 15 years ago. And even at that point I had been using it for a few years. Understand that I'm first and foremost a strength coach, not a bodybuilding coach. Some of the methods that are fairly novel in bodybuilding have actually been around for a while in strength training. THE OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE: bodybuilding has several methods that are just beginning to be used in the training of athletes.

2. My original "inspiration" for using loaded stretching was Jay Schroedder (around 2003), a strength coach who gained some fame by training combine freak Adam Archuletta and published a DVD called "Freaks of Training". His system has 30 to 50% of its volume in the form of loaded stretching.

3. I was always a big believer in loaded stretching and, of course, read the work of Dante and Dr. Strevenson. As it was mentioned earlier, I even found out that Chuck Sipes (1960s bodybuilder) used loaded stretching (hanging lats stretch) as one of his main back-building exercises. When I talk about the method in seminars I mention Dr. Scott, Dante, Chuck Sips. Shroedder and even John Parillo who popularized fascia stretching to help with hypertrophy way before "loaded stretching" was a thing.

4. I don't know where this plagiarism without giving credit comes from. If there is something I ALWAYS do is tell others where a certain method or approach comes from. I'm two things: 1) someone who wants to be liked and get along with everybody, the last thing I'd do is steal from someone and I actually WANT to give credit, in part, I'll admit, to be liked by that person. 2) My brain function by excitement: when I find something super cool, my excitement actually grows when I learn about the origin and creator of the method and actually want to share that info because, in my mind, it will get people more excited to try the concept themselves.

5. Let's face it. Except for new training technology, most of what we do in training has been done before. Most of the methods that I use with athletes have been used for decades. In fact, I believe that a large proportion of the most effective strength-building methods come from the 50s, 60s and 70s. For example progressive range of motion training (Paul Anderson), Clusters (Carl Miller), functional isometrics (John Ziegler), partial overloads (Anthony Dittilo), wave loading (Ivan Abadjiev), eccentric overloads with weight releasers (Soviet weightlifters) are among my favorite strength methods and they are all at least 40 years old. Chances are that if someone "comes up" with a "new" method, it has been done somewhere by someone at some point. Doesn't mean that the person didn't "invent it"... he could come up with the method by himself, not knowing that someone else did it before. But in my case, if I know where it comes from, I always say it because I believe it actually make the method more interesting.

6. As it was reported, when I write articles for another site (I have my own website too) they buy the original material, but then can edit it as they please.

7. As for explaining the mechanism behind why loaded stretching works, those who were at the presentation on the topic (including Dr. Stevenson and John Meadows) will agree that it is not the case. I explain how it increases mTOR activation, IGF-1 levels, IGF-1 sensitivity, fast-twitch fiber recruitment through hypoxia and fatigue, etc. Also how it impacts reprogramming of the muscle recruitment pattern. But there is a limit to how deep you can go in a 90 minutes presentation.

8. The image of a person (me in this case) that you have in your head can actually be far from reality, especially if you judge someone by the limited info you can find on the internet or let your own negative bias toward a certain site influence how you perceive me.

9. My name is spelled "Thibaudeau" not "Thibaudeaux", I'm not Cajun :)
I definitely wasn’t implying that you were plagiarizing without giving credit. I watched the whole seminar so I know Scott and John were there and from different articles I’ve read from you I’ve never noticed you take credit for something someone else pioneered. The reason I started this thread, which was awhile ago, was that I had never heard the benefits of weighted stretching explained in quite the way you did, and as you mentioned you’re not a bodybuilding coach, and was hoping for some of the bodybuilding guys who promote weighted stretching like Scott and Dante could back it up. I was hoping to prove you right, and not wrong. As someone who found out about dc training and began using it I’m 2002 and have used weighted stretches ever since.....:I know the benefits of weighted stretching are real....and sometimes it’s nice to hear the science of why it works explained also. I greatly enjoyed your presentation at the symposium. And sorry for misspelling hour name 😉.

I still do my bicep stretches with a smith machine bar set at just below shoulder height. Stand facing away from it. I reach back with one arm and grip the bar with my knuckles facing up. Sink down and twist that arm away just a bit to really enhance the stretch on there and hang out as long as I can. I can sometimes get a good stretch with a vertical pole too doing essentially the same thing. Never really found a better one for biceps. Shoulders I use a single d handle on a cable crossover machine set up higher than my head. Doorknob stretch for lats, weighted hangs some times although they aggravate my left elbow, corner stretch or deeep dumbell flyes for chest, sissy squat position for quads, single overhead dumbell for triceps, calves get stretched while training dc style, hams I use a somewhat modified hurdler stretch type thing. But ya they’re way hard to explain without being able to show someone and tweak them into the right position.

Just a few corrections:

1. I first talked about loaded stretching in 2006, in my book "Theory and Application of Modern Strength and Power Methods"... that was 15 years ago. And even at that point I had been using it for a few years. Understand that I'm first and foremost a strength coach, not a bodybuilding coach. Some of the methods that are fairly novel in bodybuilding have actually been around for a while in strength training. THE OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE: bodybuilding has several methods that are just beginning to be used in the training of athletes.

2. My original "inspiration" for using loaded stretching was Jay Schroedder (around 2003), a strength coach who gained some fame by training combine freak Adam Archuletta and published a DVD called "Freaks of Training". His system has 30 to 50% of its volume in the form of loaded stretching.

3. I was always a big believer in loaded stretching and, of course, read the work of Dante and Dr. Strevenson. As it was mentioned earlier, I even found out that Chuck Sipes (1960s bodybuilder) used loaded stretching (hanging lats stretch) as one of his main back-building exercises. When I talk about the method in seminars I mention Dr. Scott, Dante, Chuck Sips. Shroedder and even John Parillo who popularized fascia stretching to help with hypertrophy way before "loaded stretching" was a thing.

4. I don't know where this plagiarism without giving credit comes from. If there is something I ALWAYS do is tell others where a certain method or approach comes from. I'm two things: 1) someone who wants to be liked and get along with everybody, the last thing I'd do is steal from someone and I actually WANT to give credit, in part, I'll admit, to be liked by that person. 2) My brain function by excitement: when I find something super cool, my excitement actually grows when I learn about the origin and creator of the method and actually want to share that info because, in my mind, it will get people more excited to try the concept themselves.

5. Let's face it. Except for new training technology, most of what we do in training has been done before. Most of the methods that I use with athletes have been used for decades. In fact, I believe that a large proportion of the most effective strength-building methods come from the 50s, 60s and 70s. For example progressive range of motion training (Paul Anderson), Clusters (Carl Miller), functional isometrics (John Ziegler), partial overloads (Anthony Dittilo), wave loading (Ivan Abadjiev), eccentric overloads with weight releasers (Soviet weightlifters) are among my favorite strength methods and they are all at least 40 years old. Chances are that if someone "comes up" with a "new" method, it has been done somewhere by someone at some point. Doesn't mean that the person didn't "invent it"... he could come up with the method by himself, not knowing that someone else did it before. But in my case, if I know where it comes from, I always say it because I believe it actually make the method more interesting.

6. As it was reported, when I write articles for another site (I have my own website too) they buy the original material, but then can edit it as they please.

7. As for explaining the mechanism behind why loaded stretching works, those who were at the presentation on the topic (including Dr. Stevenson and John Meadows) will agree that it is not the case. I explain how it increases mTOR activation, IGF-1 levels, IGF-1 sensitivity, fast-twitch fiber recruitment through hypoxia and fatigue, etc. Also how it impacts reprogramming of the muscle recruitment pattern. But there is a limit to how deep you can go in a 90 minutes presentation.

8. The image of a person (me in this case) that you have in your head can actually be far from reality, especially if you judge someone by the limited info you can find on the internet or let your own negative bias toward a certain site influence how you perceive me.

9. My name is spelled "Thibaudeau" not "Thibaudeaux", I'm not Cajun :)
I was wondering if anybody knew you were one and the same when you posted on the first page....lol

I

Inhuman posted pictures of all the stretches in the extreme stretching thread at IM yeaaars ago....but I think they’ve since expired and disappeared

There still there

do you do these stretches after training each specific body part only? Or can they can be done on other days too?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131