over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cirrhosis of the liver , any advice from the experts here

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
a very good friend of mine and certifiable bad ass and one of the few people in the world that i know has my back no matyer what , 7 years retired from 13 years with 1st SFOD-D (Delta for those that don't know) he has recently been diagnosed with liver disease "Cirrhosis". the VA is seriously jacking him around and he asked me if i knew of anything that he might take that will help stop or reverse the damage.
He's definitely getting hos eating habits straight and while he doesn't drink much (1 a couple weeks)

Sups or drugs that we can look into.??

a very good friend of mine and certifiable bad ass and one of the few people in the world that i know has my back no matyer what , 7 years retired from 13 years with 1st SFOD-D (Delta for those that don't know) he has recently been diagnosed with liver disease "Cirrhosis". the VA is seriously jacking him around and he asked me if i knew of anything that he might take that will help stop or reverse the damage.
He's definitely getting hos eating habits straight and while he doesn't drink much (1 a couple weeks)

sorry to hear one our elite heroes suffering after successfully making it through that many years serving. go on ebay and get him some tudca and Ursodeoxycholic acid also known as UDCA. also Ursodiol

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23592128

"Ursodiol is the only FDA approved drug to treat primary biliary cirrhosis."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursodeoxycholic_acid

Ursodeoxycholic acid | eBay

ursodiol oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

TUDCA...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tauroursodeoxycholic_acid

If he has other insurance i'd go else where than the VA. The only word to describe them is worthless. They literally want us to die.

I just paid for my hernia surgery out of pocket instead of going through them.

I'd PM Stewie or Gotgame.

Some synthergine definitely wouldn't hurt to start with. Tudca as well. If he has cirrhosis though....this will be rough

injectable glutathione
beet root extract
all 90 essential nutrients.
NO ALCOHOL
NO DRUGS
NO GLUTEN
NO GLUTEN
NO GLUTEN.
No fried foods
No added nitrates

My dad passed away from autoimmune liver failure (caused by crohns disease) so I've seen every stage of the liver going bad.

Cirrhosis is scarring of the liver caused by inflammation (inflammation can be caused by a million things) Scarring is not reversible but depending on how bad it is , it is not fatal as long as the source of the inflammation is stopped.

Your friend needs to stop anything that stresses the liver or the cirrhosis will turn into necrosis (liver cells dying) and that will lead to a transplant or death. Very serious stuff.

Plenty of studies on high doses of Vitamin C to prevent and even reverse liver damage.
It's cheap and what I've used for years to keep my liver safe

My dad passed away from autoimmune liver failure (caused by crohns disease) so I've seen every stage of the liver going bad.

Cirrhosis is scarring of the liver caused by inflammation (inflammation can be caused by a million things) Scarring is not reversible but depending on how bad it is , it is not fatal as long as the source of the inflammation is stopped.

Your friend needs to stop anything that stresses the liver or the cirrhosis will turn into necrosis (liver cells dying) and that will lead to a transplant or death. Very serious stuff.

x2

Synthergine is the best liver aid I have ever used and I have tried them all. However in a case like this you need to get rid of what caused the issue in the first place. Granted everyone should do that but most of the time when we talk about liver issues it's from using oral steroids a few times per year and not something like this. So no alcohol, painkillers... basically anything liver toxic. He also needs to drink lots of water and improve his diet so it's full of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.

sorry bro; no drugs going to help him now.. or else I won't be seeing the same patients over and over again where I work.

what caused his cirrhosis?

sorry bro; no drugs going to help him now.. or else I won't be seeing the same patients over and over again where I work.

what caused his cirrhosis?

Nobody is quite sure , he thinks it was from tons of ibuprofen he took over the years. He said any injuries he got they would give them 800mg ibuprofen 6-8 tiems a day.
He partied when he was younger but nothing outlandish for to long , definitely took steroids but the only orals he said he took were 50mg of D-bol for the 4 weeks of a cycle. Definitely never ate great but far better than most people being he had to maintain a high level of physical activity. Never tested positive for any Hepatitis or anything other major diseases.

i guess it could just have alot to do with hereditary.??

Once the fibrosis is there , no drug will reverse it. Unfortunately he wil have to live with a reduced capacity liver. Some of the drugs mentioned above like sofosbuvir are used to treat viral hepatitis C, and are safe for chirotoc patients but do not reverse fibrosis.

i looked into liver stuff a lot a while ago...

for our purposes and more after my the doc told my father he would die without a new liver...

there is a LOT you can do.

i have spoken with some ppl who have made major changes in terms of liver health.

im happy to help if you have questions.

hep c n all that have proven to be pretty easy to work with...;)

The liver can regenerate

I knew someone that gave a several lobes of his liver to save his mother with a transplant. The liver can regenerate and he was told his would and that he should lead a normal life.

Does anyone know if you have enough "good" liver left can they go in and remove the diseased part and then the liver will grow back to replace that portion? It seems like I have never heard that happen. Maybe its because by the time the surgery is done its already too late to save any of the liver? Maybe since the liver is diseased its not able to regenerate?

I knew someone that gave a several lobes of his liver to save his mother with a transplant. The liver can regenerate and he was told his would and that he should lead a normal life.

Does anyone know if you have enough "good" liver left can they go in and remove the diseased part and then the liver will grow back to replace that portion? It seems like I have never heard that happen. Maybe its because by the time the surgery is done its already too late to save any of the liver? Maybe since the liver is diseased its not able to regenerate?

I've never heard of that happening, but I do know that what is left will be functional to a certain degree. I'm not sure in regards to the person you mentioned, may be a special case or certain condition where it is able to regenerate. That said, I think if this were the case for cirrhosis patients, they would be a candidate for it....so it must only apply to certain conditions.

I'm not an expert in this area though.

Last edited:
I've never heard of that happening, but I do know that what is left will be functional to a certain degree. I'm not sure in regards to the person you mentioned, may be a special case or certain condition where it is able to regenerate. That said, I think if this were the case for cirrhosis patients, they would be a candidate for it....so it must only apply to certain conditions.

I'm not an expert in this area though.

Just looked it up. Seems you can have as little as just 25% of your liver and it regenerate back to a normal size. I guess once the liver reaches a certain point it is no longer able to do so.
Liver Regeneration - Center for Regenerative Medicine - Mayo Clinic Research

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc