over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Citrulline Malate dosing through out the day

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have commented in the past how awful this stuff tastes, when we take it in concentrated form or in a shake pre, intra, post or whatever you call that shake we take around the work outs.

for the past week, I have added 20 grams to a gallon jug of water along with glycerol, sea salt, and true lemon packets with some added stevia. I normally drink this gallon of water through out the day in the summer to stay hydrated-(minus the CM in the past).

I am drinking the added diluted CM this throughout the day for the main effect - blood pressure control and all the other wonderful benefits of the end result effects of arginine and NO.

BP had risen to 130/90 (due to body weight back to 290 lbs from increasing cals to 5,000 a day vs 4,000 in clean foods) when active vs 118/78 first thing in am. So I was looking for a natural supplement to lower it with out adding another BP med.

I drink this throughout the day and it's quite tolerable -like a sweet citrus drink with a tang and very little stomach acid.

Dante's post on taking 20-30 grams a day intrigued me, so I found the best way to do this some comfort over concentrated dosing.
Active BP is now 115/75 on most readings.

I still take around 5-10 grams in my workout shake and BP in the mornings BP I get 110/70 upon awakening. BP seems considerably reduced as well during heavy basic work outs.

Now with the BP down the doc won't break out the pad trying to write me another BP med at my annual physical next month, since I only take altace now for BP and the added kidney protective effects.

Last edited:
Adding Creatine powder to cooked ground meats as a "seasoning"

After reviewing past nutrition journals I noticed in my heavy days when taking creatine mono I had added the powder to meats as I ate the meals sort of like a sprinkle on seasoning - since most meals I eat the chicken and lean beef are ground for easier ingestion. Lately the CM taken in my work out shake had been giving me some stomach issues as when I cut it out it went away so I went back to ingesting it with meals to avoid the stomach discomfort.

I am taking 20 grams of CM this way again and feel the good effects and am enjoying the advantages of creatine supplementation.

Last edited:
I have commented in the past how awful this stuff tastes, when we take it in concentrated form or in a shake pre, intra, post or whatever you call that shake we take around the work outs.

for the past week, I have added 20 grams to a gallon jug of water along with glycerol, sea salt, and true lemon packets with some added stevia. I normally drink this gallon of water through out the day in the summer to stay hydrated-(minus the CM in the past).

I am drinking the added diluted CM this throughout the day for the main effect - blood pressure control and all the other wonderful benefits of the end result effects of arginine and NO.

BP had risen to 130/90 (due to body weight back to 290 lbs from increasing cals to 5,000 a day vs 4,000 in clean foods) when active vs 118/78 first thing in am. So I was looking for a natural supplement to lower it with out adding another BP med.

I drink this throughout the day and it's quite tolerable -like a sweet citrus drink with a tang and very little stomach acid.

Dante's post on taking 20-30 grams a day intrigued me, so I found the best way to do this some comfort over concentrated dosing.
Active BP is now 115/75 on most readings.

I still take around 5-10 grams in my workout shake and BP in the mornings BP I get 110/70 upon awakening. BP seems considerably reduced as well during heavy basic work outs.

Now with the BP down the doc won't break out the pad trying to write me another BP med at my annual physical next month, since I only take altace now for BP and the added kidney protective effects.

Citrulline is a great supplement. I use a hefty dose intra, but might add some on non-workout days.

What lemon packets do you use?

I use the True Lemon packets a variety of different flavors.

Why do you want to be 290 if you are not competing?

For what it's worth, I've noticed that when I add 6g of CM to some preworkouts (Prejym, Arc Reactor, Rhino Black) that it doesn't make it taste any worse at all. In fact, whatever is in Meadows Arc Reactor - really masks the taste.
All the pre workouts named have Citrulline with Meadows version having L-citrulline and the others having CM.

So I take 10 -12 pre workout but will probably try to incorporate 10-12 more elsewhere with some true lemon as suggested.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's a valid point. Dropping 50lbs would likely do wonders for bp levels without having to add anything extra in. Not to mention heart health and overall organ function.

To Massive G, no disrespect for liking being a higher bodyweight and I respect that decision the same way I would for someone who wants to blast high levels of aas. But if you're looking to be as optimal health wise, a lower bodyweight will help everything much better than any supplement.

It's a valid point. Dropping 50lbs would likely do wonders for bp levels without having to add anything extra in. Not to mention heart health and overall organ function.

To Massive G, no disrespect for liking being a higher bodyweight and I respect that decision the same way I would for someone who wants to blast high levels of aas. But if you're looking to be as optimal health wise, a lower bodyweight will help everything much better than any supplement.

I just bring this up because people here blast anyone running a decent pre-contest cycle yet being so heavy is in no way healthier especially when there isn't a purpose to that weight. i can understand if it was for a competition or strongman/powerlifting.

Even at 220 you'll be bigger than 99% of people at the gym

I mix 6g of Citrulline in my protein shakes and don't even taste it at all.

agreed. Caloric restriction (decreasing bodyweight) theyreby purposely decreasing IGF levels (they're connected) is the ONLY two things doctors around the world agree on for longevity.

I just bring this up because people here blast anyone running a decent pre-contest cycle yet being so heavy is in no way healthier especially when there isn't a purpose to that weight. i can understand if it was for a competition or strongman/powerlifting.

Even at 220 you'll be bigger than 99% of people at the gym

It's so true. I had high bp growing up because I was an obese teen. Got lean and into powerlifting before taking aas and bodybuilding in college. Was 235 after my first cycle of just test. Wasn't "fat" but had like a 35" waist and softer than I should have been and doing no cardio ever. Had 140/95 bp back then.

Haven't had a reading over 110/70 in the past two years even running tren or eq and bloodwork looks way better. Only difference is I stay between 190-210 with condition similar to my avi.

Food choices and cardio were similar, but overall calls and bodyweight are the big differences that made such a big difference on my health markers.

agreed. Caloric restriction (decreasing bodyweight) theyreby purposely decreasing IGF levels (they're connected) is the ONLY two things doctors around the world agree on for longevity.

it's true man. people talk ad nauseum on how terrible blasting gear is for your longevity. But keeping those two things you mentioned in check are the most proven ways to improve health and longevity.

It is a shame that it does come at the expense of having large muscles to an extent :(

no offense taken to from anyone here, I am over weight cause I eat too much clean food or not, aging, take T4 and reduction in basic exercises due to injuries, in 2005 I lost both my thyroid and completely tore my patella from my quad. I was being heavily under-dosed by thyroid meds and only given T4, in 4 months I lost 40 lbs. When they finally tested my thyroid hormone levels T4 and T3 were not there, and my tsh was 12.0 (upper limit was 5) which meant since my thyroid had been removed the pituitary gland was pumping out TSH with no thyroid to produce it. When I finally got to a good doc he put me on 450 mcg T4 and 5 mcg T3 2wice a day which lowered my TSH levels to .1 and put me in normal range for T4 and T3 hormones.
I gained 42 solid pound back so I was the exact opposite - gained weight hyperthyroid and lost weight hypothyroid. But my metabolism changed forever some of the top guys I talked to at Duke and John Hopkins told me "you'll never feel the same again or look the same there are other hormones T1 and T2 that we don't have the technology to replace"

Not doing heavy deads and heavy squats hurts too as it burns a crap load of calories.

4 years ago I lost 50 pounds in 4 months by doing nothing but cutting carbs and cals so I need to bite the bullet and get back at it, I never changed the way I trained or did and ounce more cardio and the weight just came off as diet it 90% of it for me.

Also if anything the CM is going to benefit me in other ways as well, so no harm no foul.

Last edited:
I, too, have upped my CM dosing in recent weeks. Great stuff.

Also, Nutricost began selling it in strawberry kiwi flavor (or did they always have that flavor?) and I just got it. It actually tastes great and isn't sour at all like the flavorless one is. It doesn't seem to indicate what they added to it but if you want to avoid the shitty taste, this is a good way.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutricost-L-...8-2&keywords=nutricost+citrulline+malate&th=1

Some people just don't feel like going through the trouble of losing 50lbs? I mean if you're not going to dramatically lower your calories, you might as well find an alternative. I'm positive Massive G didn't need anyone to tell him to lose weight to know it would improve his health. It didn't need to be brought into this discussion IMO.

Some people just don't feel like going through the trouble of losing 50lbs? .

But hes going through the trouble of eating 5000 clean calories to gain weight? 5000 clean calories isn't that easy

But hes going through the trouble of eating 5000 clean calories to gain weight? 5000 clean calories isn't that easy

Maybe he is hungry and doesn't want to starve? Idk

10g preworkout of CM and I'm almost guaranteed to throw up mid workout. You've found taking it with meals helps? Any other tricks to getting it to settle? I do find that it helps me a bit in the gym otherwise I'd cut it out.

Preworkout I mix
5g creative
10g CM
5g beta alanine
200mg caffeine pill

If your CM is more so tasting acidic rather than tart/sour, you can bet it's mainly malic acid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also on the subject of hating the taste, just do what I do and pour the scoop in your mouth directly and then sip a little bit of water to help you swallow it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity