over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Citrulline Malate vs. L-citrulline

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Let's discuss which is optimal. Why are some of the greatest minds in the industry... (Meadows and Porter) designing supplements with L-citrulline when virtually all the research out there is with Citrulline Malate? I would never pick on people I look up to but I fail to see why they are opting for the L version. I know Matt has favored it for a long time, but JM used to tout and formulate with Citrulline Malate.
Yes CM is 2:1 ratio so 6g serving is only 4g of citrulline while JM and MPA are appropriately dosing 6 and 7g of pure L-citrulline but I think I feel more favorable with 10g CM.

Let's discuss.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Simply fact that malic acid has no benefit for bodybuilding. Some will say it helps with endurance, but to what degree?

With L-citrulline, products don't need as high of a dose compared to CM which can play a huge role in serving size (total weight) and shipping.

I've been wondering myself lately. I always thought the malic acid was helpful somehow. Enhanced absorption or something. Now I'm not sure

Iirc the malic acid helps with the krebs cycle helping atp turnover, which could provide some benefit I'm exhausted right now and minds a little cloudy

Simply fact that malic acid has no benefit for bodybuilding. Some will say it helps with endurance, but to what degree?

With L-citrulline, products don't need as high of a dose compared to CM which can play a huge role in serving size (total weight) and shipping.
A very intelligent friend from this board shared this with me last month..

In trained athletes given 6g citrulline malate prior to a prolonged (137km) cycling test, the exercise-induced increase in growth hormone appeared to be increased; when measured immedaitely after exercise, the citrulline group had 66.8% higher GH concentrations which (after 3 hours of rest) was attenuated to 28%.[20] Elsewhere, doses of 2-15g citrulline have failed to influence growth hormone when at rest when measured over 8 hours.[22]

-----------------------------

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21664351

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20499249

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20386132

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that Citrulline by it's self will upset your stomach the malate is added to prevent this?

Citrulline Malate is all about donating a malate group to the Kreb's Cycle, thereby increasing energy and endurance (read: muscle fatigue). Malic Acid along with oxygen and acetyl-Co-A create actual energy at the cellular level. It also helps to reduce lactic acid/acidity. What this means in a bodybuilding context is MORE REPS.

https://examine.com/supplements/citrulline/

I finally started using CM, and it is definitely noticeable. I feel like I can go much longer in the gym without getting fatigued.

I love cm...but I've never tried l citrulline

Just heard today there is a shortage on CM right now so unless the product has already been made and not a new batch I would be skeptical

Just heard today there is a shortage on CM right now so unless the product has already been made and not a new batch I would be skeptical

Really? Where did you hear this?

I heard from a rep at Nutrabio that molecularly bonded citrulline malate is no longer being made so they can't get right now. Many suppliers are just putting in a blend of l-citrulline and malic acid and that is not the same. I think it is the molecular bonding of 2 l-citrulline and 1 malic acid that makes it work.
Just what I have been told.

Maybe Dante can shed some light on this?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws