over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CKD diet specifics

hevi-head

Registered
Newbies
So I see it talked about a lot and have a pretty good idea but what are some specifics to it like macro break down?
When I google it it mainly talks about controlling ckd and not really any great detail on the diet.

We talk about diet for kidney problem (ckd) or keto ckd?

We talk about diet for kidney problem (ckd) or keto ckd?
I could be totally off base. I thought the ckd diet was related to basically how to eat with kidney disease I was thinking one of the guys (OuchThatHurys) that talk about it have ckd (the disease?
But like I said maybe I have shit mixed up?

So as I’m looking now I’m assuming ckd is an abbreviation for a type of keto diet?

No matter how I google it it’s always referencing the disease

No you are right it is just the same name for two different things. Let me tell you I did all the research for months and amazing amount of people reverse ckd going keto. My markers also improved in a past by a lot doing that.

Did some research on this was surprised how many big guys here use more of a keto diet.

I think ckd is similar to the anabolic diet (fat protein 5 days, then to carb protein refeeds).

Then tkd is also a way for those who limit carbs, they prefer to eat them only pre and post.

Not sure which is more ideal I use more of a tkd recently but if your a fan of ketosis I guess you wouldn't do this because you will never reach it, although it's better than a high carb diet.

To the guys who do the anabolic diet, do you simply have a refeed after x amount of days? I know officially it's 5/2 but I assume people here have individualized it more. Is your carb up day equal calorie to your p/f days or higher?

But I wonder, how does a guy needing 5k kcal reach it without carbs. I've often asked this but never really had an answer. I like the idea of 5 days of fat and protein followed by 2 days of carbs/protein but if I have to eat 5k kcal or more without carbs I'll be on the toilet for the full 5 days.

No it has nothing to do with CKD Diet (Chronic Kidney Disease Diet).

If you googled "CKD cycling ketogenic diet" or "cyclical ketogenic diet" and came up with nothing, I'd say it's probably time to pack up and leave Burundi for good. 😁

If you googled "CKD cycling ketogenic diet" or "cyclical ketogenic diet" and came up with nothing, I'd say it's probably time to pack up and leave Burundi for good. 😁
Lol. I wasn’t adding the key words.
I’d of sworn I saw ckd diet and someone talking about their chronic kidney disease in the same post. I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 hahaha.
It all makes sense now.

To the guys who do the anabolic diet, do you simply have a refeed after x amount of days? I know officially it's 5/2 but I assume people here have individualized it more. Is your carb up day equal calorie to your p/f days or higher?
I followed the anabolic diet many years ago. The carb up days sound great but we’re a nightmare, especially that first day. My stomach would be a proper mess. The toilet was no joke on that first day

But I wonder, how does a guy needing 5k kcal reach it without carbs. I've often asked this but never really had an answer. I like the idea of 5 days of fat and protein followed by 2 days of carbs/protein but if I have to eat 5k kcal or more without carbs I'll be on the toilet for the full 5 days.
May try 3500 on the protein fat days, then 8k on the carb up days? That way your not having to eat 200 g plus of fat a day.

I followed the anabolic diet many years ago. The carb up days sound great but we’re a nightmare, especially that first day. My stomach would be a proper mess. The toilet was no joke on that first day
Did you eat the same amount of calories each day? Or lower during the week and higher on the carb up?

If you googled "CKD cycling ketogenic diet" or "cyclical ketogenic diet" and came up with nothing, I'd say it's probably time to pack up and leave Burundi for good.
Burundi is a beautiful place. Sometimes tragically beautiful.

You have to keep it within reason. Weight loss is still the goal. It's not a license to go nuts for a whole day or weekend. Of course you're going to be on the toilet after carb fasting for 2 weeks and then woofing down 5000 calories at Texas Roadhouse and Burger King. You're only replenishing your glycogen and ATP stores, fill out, then go right back to depleting.

You have to keep it within reason. Weight loss is still the goal. It's not a license to go nuts for a whole day or weekend. Of course you're going to be on the toilet after carb fasting for 2 weeks and then woofing down 5000 calories at Texas Roadhouse and Burger King. You're only replenishing your glycogen and ATP stores, fill out, then go right back to depleting.
Lol. I had originally used it to gain weight so high carb was the order of the 2 days but yes in hindsight it wasn’t a good choice 😬

Stuck to it for around 3-4 months to give it a chance but it wasn’t for me

When I’ve done a CKD diet since, I get past the point of really feeling the need for carbs. I have a Saturday evening to eat carbs, etc with my family but that’s about it

I'm guessing that those here who do CKD don't run it as written and Jack the protein up? But I also read that too much protein can kick you out of ketosis.

I'm guessing that those here who do CKD don't run it as written and Jack the protein up? But I also read that too much protein can kick you out of ketosis.
I show very little ketones in urine even by Friday if I re feed on the weekend.
Everyone is different though. I don’t think most worry about the ketone levels.

If you doing keto long time it will be normal to have low ketones. Beside main target should not be in ketosis but to be fat adapted.

If you doing keto long time it will be normal to have low ketones. Beside main target should not be in ketosis but to be fat adapted.
Correct. Looking for ketones is only helpful to see if you're eating few enough carbs when starting keto for the first time. They're around because the body hasn't chose to use them yet because it's used to glucose.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131