advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Clarification about PCT, Estrogen vs. Estradiol, etc.

jtcraig3

Registered
I'm just trying to clarify a few things in regard to PCT, etc. (Please correct me if in all the area I'm wrong, or partially incorrect).

So, in my limited understanding (and please forgive me because I'm speaking in very basic terms): Estradiol is a type of Estrogen, listed as E2 on blood tests. Basically Estradiol binds to androgen receptors, blocking testosterone from binding to it, causing the testosterone to be useless. Estradiol can even cause your body to create fewer androgen receptors. Estradiol production is caused by conversion of testosterone by aromatase.

AI's like adex bind to aromatase enzymes and prevent them from converting testosterone into estradiol. They don't work on directly on Estrogen receptors. That is done by SERM's such as Clomid and Nolva.

So...a standard PCT cycle of 4 weeks: Running a SERM for all 4 weeks (lets say Clomid: 100 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg, 25 mg) while running an AI for the first 3 weeks (lets say Adex: 0.5 mg 3 x per week, then stopping on the 4th week). I guess I'm trying to understand the science behind doing it that way. Is it because the SERM is working on all kinds of Estrogen and directly on the Estrogen receptors, yet the AI is working specifically on aromatase and we can assume that by week 4 the AI has done it's "job"...and the last week of the SERM is to "kill off", for lack of a better term, any Estrogen receptors that are left over...keeping in mind that we still need some estrogen in our body.

I guess that's a good starting point...any thoughts or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Lol...can I get someone to say something in regard to this post???

I know there's tons of articles, etc. in regard to this topic, but I'd really like a knowledgeable individual such as Stewie or Phil...or anyone for that matter, lol, to weigh in.

I may be wrong but if you research, I think it is suggested not to take an AI during your PCT, it is counter productive. Maybe during the first week at most. I will try and find where I read this, but I cannot promise :)

Can anyone give their input, lend suggestions, etc.

I've seen many pct regimens on here where they recommended:

HCG: 250 mg - 2x per week - while on cycle

4 week PCT
Clomid: 100 mg per day - first week, 50 mg per day - second week, 50 mg per day - third week, 25 mg per day - fourth week.
Adex: 0.5 mg - 3x per week - Week 1 through Week 3 - Stop Week 4.

Keep in mind, the person running this "cycle" has not ran a cycle in over 20 years (older guy).

He'll be running 16 week cycle:
Test - P: 100 mg per week- Week 1 - 2
Test - E: 125 mg per week- Week 1 - 2
Test - E: 300 mg per week - Week 3 - 6
Test - E: 400 mg per week - Week 6 - 12

Thanks

pct

You know I have never ran pct on any cycle. I have tapered down to a stop so the body does not crash and have never felt like crap. But everyone is different and has choices. IMHO

AI reduces circulating estrogen. Estrogen signals negative feedback loop. Not good for HPTA recovery. So, reducing estrogen will help HPTA to pick up again. Also use exemestane instead of Anastrozole. It has an added benefit of stimulating pituitary gland.

God Bless,

TT

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner