over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Class Sizes down at the Nationals

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Did anyone notice that that there are only 13 middleweights at this years nationals? last year 47......

Welters were down over 10 from the previous year as well.....

the show is still a kick ass show...

the best show out there but cant see how the numbers were so low in these classes...

The last time i competed as a middleweight was at the Excalibur and there were 20 in my class....

Anyways... good luck to all those competing..

I feel like shit... 5 years straight of competing at the national shows and didnt reach my goal of 10 years competing without a break made it to 9... but had to sit this one out.....I hate being a spectator...

Last edited:
It's the same for the women...kinda surprising, not sure why :confused:

well.. many of the heavy hitters did the usa and i would think that they just could not afford to do two major shows back to back.. many of the guys and gals come from areas hit by the economic downturn.. it will be back..

Got a friend competing in that show in bikini "Selina Brooks" this is her first year competing at anything , just heard she made first call outs

The nationals were pushed forward a month this year....

The show is normally held in mid November not October but there was a venue problem...

That might have made the difference as to the numbers... it helped me decide not to do the show this year.....

8 girls in bikini class A fighting for a pro card....

One of these will be walking around as a new proud "pro"

Attachments

• bikini.jpg
    bikini.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
This is my client. Rich Siegleman. We teamed up after the Delaware and got it done and it looks like he is getting his pro card. he is also one of the most conditioned guys in the whole show!

We dropped him from light to bantam and it looks like it was the right move. The classes are smaller but the level of competition is very good!

Lucian

Attachments

• rich 2010 nats.JPG
    rich 2010 nats.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 442
well.. many of the heavy hitters did the usa and i would think that they just could not afford to do two major shows back to back.. many of the guys and gals come from areas hit by the economic downturn.. it will be back..

i also think a lota people turned pro already and there is a new bloodline coming up and new faces to look for!

This is my client. Rich Siegleman. We teamed up after the Delaware and got it done and it looks like he is getting his pro card. he is also one of the most conditioned guys in the whole show!

We dropped him from light to bantam and it looks like it was the right move. The classes are smaller but the level of competition is very good!

Lucian

I think Richard will when his class, but he looks alot better as a LW. Smart move because he would never beat Pacheo.

Alex, I noticed that too. I thought of you. Bummed you did'nt show this year. I was looking forward to making the trip too!

I just dont see how the show went from 47 middleweights to 13 in one year...pretty big difference....

The USA had a good turnout this year....

And hey jake, im happy to be home with the kids this year...

he looks good lucian

what exactly did you do for him???
diet??training???both???just show prep????
or off season too??

:)

That guy looks like Tamer El Guindy from the neck up..

Attachments

• elbuind.jpg
    elbuind.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
:lightbulb:

he does alex lol.....10 years older

Thanks guys. Ive been friends with him for years. He used to do MY diet like 6 years ago. lol

At the Delaware i gave him some advice which improved him drastically in a matter of hours. No not a drug thing. a diet thing. The judges freaked out and asked him what he did. I think at that point he decided maybe i knew a lil bit. :)

from that point we made a plan, executed it and got him ready about a week early.....coasted into the show and now he is an IFBB pro and we are gonna add gobs of muscle to him! No more wt classes!
Nobody believed what we were doing would work. No faith at all. the goal? be the most conditioned guy in the bantams with a great deal of size also. He was one of the hardest guys in the whole show. Shawn ray who is a good friend of his couldn't believe it when he saw him.

Im very happy for him and proud of him. he sacrificed a lot for this. A WHOLE LOT!!!

lucian

I think Richard will when his class, but he looks alot better as a LW. Smart move because he would never beat Pacheo.

The light wts are just too big for him. He has to either bring condition or size. At the national level...condition is a must. Ive seen him as a middle wt and he looked badass. but wasnt dry like this before.

yeah he is a pro but anybody can come in shredded. Just dont eat . The guy looks like a P.O.W that just got rescued, not healthy looking at all. I hope he eats up and puts some weight on. But hey.. hes a PRO!

yeah he is a pro but anybody can come in shredded. Just dont eat . The guy looks like a P.O.W that just got rescued, not healthy looking at all. I hope he eats up and puts some weight on. But hey.. hes a PRO!

Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge? Thanks for your input:eek::eek:

anybody can come in shredded? look at his size. he was just about as big as a BW can get. its easy? say that to branden ray, kevin levrone, dorian...ronnie...hell let jay cutler know he just has to not eat so he can get a 5th O title.

The closer your face looks to a POW the more likely you are to win. Suffer and you will succeed. Healthy? bodybuilding and all sports are not about health. you think the top Olympians are healthy?

I dont know you from a hole in the wall but it looks like you dont have much experience in bodybuilding.

National level is no joke. Any ass hole can qualify for nats at a small show where there are only 2 people in the class. doesnt mean he belongs in the nats.

Ive been to national shows., unless you have seen these guys up close, reserve the remarks as you clearly have no idea what it takes to be pro or national level.
its not all about size. Condition can and many times can beat out mass.

Thanks.

Lucian

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member