over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Classic physique or Physique

everyone needs to start somewhere , you have obviously made some good gains and are proud of that , rightly so.!!

Alot of guys new to lifting decide they want to do a show and don't realize how far out of shape they are and how much "size" they are going to lose once they get lean.

Personally (let me get my soap box:p) I'd suggest in hiring someone to get you headed in the right direction with diet and training strait away rather than wondering around asking opinions on who likes what and trying to figure out what works for you.

Focus on getting lean , its beach season after all , get your bodyfat down so you can see your abs and some leg separation , get use to being lean then start adding some size. Don't let yourself get out of shape to the point where you can't see your top 4 abs clearly. Pick a show then back up 16 weeks and plan to start your prep then. Have all your ducks in a row BEFORE you start your prep then bring what you have to whatever class you wanna compete in.

Just be realistic with yourself and your expectations.

There are alot of good coaches here , couple have commented on this post , I think Tenny and MT are great guys with a great idea on dieting and building muscle and there cost is below reasonable for what you get.

everyone needs to start somewhere , you have obviously made some good gains and are proud of that , rightly so.!!

Alot of guys new to lifting decide they want to do a show and don't realize how far out of shape they are and how much "size" they are going to lose once they get lean.

Personally (let me get my soap box:p) I'd suggest in hiring someone to get you headed in the right direction with diet and training strait away rather than wondering around asking opinions on who likes what and trying to figure out what works for you.

Focus on getting lean , its beach season after all , get your bodyfat down so you can see your abs and some leg separation , get use to being lean then start adding some size. Don't let yourself get out of shape to the point where you can't see your top 4 abs clearly. Pick a show then back up 16 weeks and plan to start your prep then. Have all your ducks in a row BEFORE you start your prep then bring what you have to whatever class you wanna compete in.

There are alot of good coaches here , couple have commented on this post , I think Tenny and MT are great guys with a great idea on dieting and building muscle and there cost is below reasonable for what you get.
Thanks. Some solid advice.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Professional Muscle mobile app

also...

how old are you....???

it just always seems the younger guys 'are always ready'
to just jump on stage....

the older guys that actually ARE ready to get on stage, seem to feel
they will 'never be ready'

you have tons of time to do this...

OP, we have some brutally honest guys here at ProM, but that's what makes this the best forum on the web.
Guys aren't going to tell you what you want to hear, rather what you need to hear.
When I first joined, I would read posts/responses from guys like Tenny and Pesty and thought they were a**holes. Then I realized they were actually helping the posters as well as those reading who perhaps had the same questions/concerns.
So I started reading, A LOT of what the vets were posting. They don't stroke egos, even if a guy has a very good physique, they will constructively criticize it so the person isn't embarrassed on stage.
This is a great place to learn, just have to have thick skin sometimes for some of these guys. They do mean well

also...

how old are you....???

it just always seems the younger guys 'are always ready'
to just jump on stage....

the older guys that actually ARE ready to get on stage, seem to feel
they will 'never be ready'

you have tons of time to do this...
I'm 20 years old. Been lifting consistently and I mean consistent, for about 6 months now. So you were almost right on the money with the whole christmas line lol. I was off and on through highschool. I've always had a muscular build tho. I know I have a TON of things to learn before I even consider a show. I really do appreciate you all, for the advice and constructive criticism. I mean it.

OP, we have some brutally honest guys here at ProM, but that's what makes this the best forum on the web.
Guys aren't going to tell you what you want to hear, rather what you need to hear.
When I first joined, I would read posts/responses from guys like Tenny and Pesty and thought they were a**holes. Then I realized they were actually helping the posters as well as those reading who perhaps had the same questions/concerns.
So I started reading, A LOT of what the vets were posting. They don't stroke egos, even if a guy has a very good physique, they will constructively criticize it so the person isn't embarrassed on stage.
This is a great place to learn, just have to have thick skin sometimes for some of these guys. They do mean well
Man I know 100%. I knew what was coming by starting this thread and i needed to hear it.

Man I know 100%. I knew what was coming by starting this thread and i needed to hear it.

Hire a coach and give home a solid off season too lean you put and add quality size and then prep you into a show the right way . you will save so much waisted time and learn a ton working with someone that has the experience you don't .
View attachment 91019 I really am at 12%. But I agree completely with what everyone is saying. Thanks for all the advise and I look forward to killing it in a show a year from now.

1st just try looking like you bodybuild.
Then maybe yrs from now think about competing...
It seems some people think there bodybuilders because they compete..lol
I have never competed, so I guess I am Not a bodybuilder...

Alright guys I get it. Lean out and think about a show in the future 👍.

I will post some more pics in a couple of months.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

GREAT post!! It does seem like there are too many feelings getting hurt these days. I am definitely not the "get off my lawn" old man and I don't claim that "I walked 2 miles up hill both ways to and from school" - but there WERE some good things about the boards in the beginnning that you don't see as much now.

Older guys please correct me if I am wrong (I can handle it :D) - I just remember ALOT more critical debate and guys being BRUTALLY honest back then. I got on the boards back in 96 I guess and I be damned if I was posting any thing! I read until I damn near seized up and learned from the brainiacs.
Sure there were total douchebags - but they got told with a quickness. that's how the guys that all trained around me locally were as well. I remember a buddy getting ready for a show - and he wanted to show us all how shredded he was. Dude took off his shirt and a few of us told him to please go no further and instead get his ass on the treadmill after first purging his stomach because he looked like 250lbs of chewed bubble gum! (Just a friggin joke about purging - although he may have after) . The thing is - he was so grateful and ended up changing and doing a show a couple months later than the one he had originally planned, which I believe he won his class. I have no doubt that he busted my balls at times for doing or saying something stupid. If anyone had gotten feeling hurt or pissed it wouldn't have been good for that cat. All that would do is bring more hell on him. :D
I can GUARANTEE that no one on here gives criticism for anything other than to help. The worst thing you can do is listen to everyone in your local gym telling you "awesome you look dude" and "no freaking way you don't win you're shredded". OF COURSE you look good compared to the typical gym fat ass, but those stage lights are DAMN bright and have a way of revealing lil pockets of chub that the gym bathroom completely hid. It's much better to get told here that you need work than it is to feel the blistering heat of the lights exposing your flaws while you are damn near naked in front of friends and family.

Last edited:
Id have to say whoever told you that doesnt know much about bodybuilding. You might be big now but come prep time and 3-5 weeks out you will be half that size due to bf drop. Just from seeing that pic which really shows nothing. No lower to front view abs etc. id say you arnt ready to compete in either class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And i finally saw the front... ya not even close. You barely have definition in your abs. You have a long ways to go. Your bf % looks quite high id say between 15-18%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your most defiantly not 12% bro. Not even close. Sorry to burst your bubble. I'm 12% and I can see my abs relaxed laying on my bed and my entire body is covered in all kinds of veins. You did not get checked accurately my friend.

Probably like 18-20% and if you diet down enough to be competitive in either you will be like 150 lbs

You always have more fast and less muscle then you think you do.

A prep will just prove it to you.

I'm 20 years old. Been lifting consistently and I mean consistent, for about 6 months now. So you were almost right on the money with the whole christmas line lol. I was off and on through highschool. I've always had a muscular build tho. I know I have a TON of things to learn before I even consider a show. I really do appreciate you all, for the advice and constructive criticism. I mean it.

Bro, only 20 years old...You have the whole world ahead of You, possibilities are endless(competing and life)

Spoke with coach. Went great gonna give him a solid off-season. Do everything he says & compete next year in the NPC. Thank you all for the advice. Glad to be taking steps in the right direction, versus wondering around trying to figure this all out on my own.

Spoke with coach. Went great gonna give him a solid off-season. Do everything he says & compete next year in the NPC. Thank you all for the advice. Glad to be taking steps in the right direction, versus wondering around trying to figure this all out on my own.

Its very smart that you are listening to others with experience. Had I done that at your age (in many different aspects of life) I would have avoided MANY mistakes. Ahh - If youth only knew, and age only could.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131