over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Clean and Press?

I guess it all depends on what you're looking to accomplish??? On the bodybuilding stage, the beach, or walking down the street, how much you lift means very little (especially to chicks).
Many, maaaaany, pro BBers either started out doing power and explosive movements or still do them. Done correctly (and with some common sense), these exercises can change your morphology (if there truly is such a thing). It doesn't mean much what you can throw around in the gym in the outside world. But it doesn't matter how big your muscles are either. Nobody cares. Some girls dig it. Some don't. Most people don't even notice your size and the ones that do probably make fun of you.

The other halp of my point is, if you're doing this for bragging rights or for what you look like in other peoples' eyes, I think either one is poor thinking but that's just my opinion. It's a moot point anyway because many (definitely not all) of these guys get winded walking a flight of steps.

Many, maaaaany, pro BBers either started out doing power and explosive movements or still do them. Done correctly (and with some common sense), these exercises can change your morphology (if there truly is such a thing). It doesn't mean much what you can throw around in the gym in the outside world. But it doesn't matter how big your muscles are either. Nobody cares. Some girls dig it. Some don't. Most people don't even notice your size and the ones that do probably make fun of you.

The other halp of my point is, if you're doing this for bragging rights or for what you look like in other peoples' eyes, I think either one is poor thinking but that's just my opinion. It's a moot point anyway because many (definitely not all) of these guys get winded walking a flight of steps.

I would agree with you wholeheartedly if I didn't regularly see 90% of the guys in the gym using poor form on even the most basic lifts. If the average gym rat can't discern between proper bench press form and trampoline bounce benching the weight off of their chests, I highly doubt they will have the ability to perform a clean and press properly with minimal chance of injury. Like I stated in my last post, I'm sure there are exceptions, but it's hardly the rule.

As far as nobody caring or noticing size, I have to disagree. Even in a long sleeved sweatshirt I can't go to the gas station without somebody asking me what gym I train at or complimenting me on my size. Girls ask me to feel my arms. That doesn't suck. I also hear comments from people like "F*ck, that guys huge!" as I walk by them in the grocery store. I like being recognized for not being the average looking dude whether the comments are positive or negative.

How often does a 150lb powerlifter that can deadlift 500+lbs get recognition for their superhuman strength??? How often does it get them laid??? How often will he get $$$ for posing with his shirt off in a magazine ad??? Probably not too often...I'd have to say "looking" strong has quite a few perks over just "being" strong.

'd have to say "looking" strong has quite a few perks over just "being" strong.
LOL, Man, I couldn't disagree with you more! We are just worlds apart in our thinking/philosophy. Maybe it's just because of my genetics, but I'd rather be that 150lb freak of nature and have some real ability than just a "a look". But then again, I'm a jock. Plus, I'm going to get laid plenty anyhow (I don't think muscle has helped me there). I do know this however - the muscle I have has form and function. I'm in my mid-30's and can still run 100m in well under 12 seconds even at 210+ lbs. I can bench press 225 by 27 and squat 10 plates. I know a lot of you can do a lot more but my 1RM's are up there too. I just haven't tried for any new personal bests lately and don't have any reason to.

I see "perks" going in the opposite direction. Strength and ability having all the perks.

LOL, Man, I couldn't disagree with you more! We are just worlds apart in our thinking/philosophy. Maybe it's just because of my genetics, but I'd rather be that 150lb freak of nature and have some real ability than just a "a look". But then again, I'm a jock. Plus, I'm going to get laid plenty anyhow (I don't think muscle has helped me there). I do know this however - the muscle I have has form and function. I'm in my mid-30's and can still run 100m in well under 12 seconds even at 210+ lbs. I can bench press 225 by 27 and squat 10 plates. I know a lot of you can do a lot more but my 1RM's are up there too. I just haven't tried for any new personal bests lately and don't have any reason to.

I see "perks" going in the opposite direction. Strength and ability having all the perks.

Definitely two different views. I had my days of impressive lifts in my 20's and 30's, but a pec tear and a hip injury in my 40's have required me to change my training philosophy. I'm athletic, but I'm not one to participate in any sport other than bodybuilding. Therefore I go more for a peak contraction on exercises these days as opposed to gauging my training intensity on the weight.

Somehow all of my early years of heavy training must have paid off because I haven't lost any thickness. I believe genetics plays a huge role. Training lighter gives me a harder and more vascular appearance where other guys that don't train heavy every workout lose size almost immediately.

Simply put, you say tomato...it's all good in the hood. ;)

Definitely two different views. I had my days of impressive lifts in my 20's and 30's, but a pec tear and a hip injury in my 40's have required me to change my training philosophy. I'm athletic, but I'm not one to participate in any sport other than bodybuilding. Therefore I go more for a peak contraction on exercises these days as opposed to gauging my training intensity on the weight.

Somehow all of my early years of heavy training must have paid off because I haven't lost any thickness. I believe genetics plays a huge role. Training lighter gives me a harder and more vascular appearance where other guys that don't train heavy every workout lose size almost immediately.

Simply put, you say tomato...it's all good in the hood. ;)
Hell yeah! It's all good as you say. To each their own! We all have our motivational factors and they're probably all different to some degree. In my world, because I'm active in so many sports, I could never let my muscle get in the way. When I was 240, I was not happy. I could do weighted chins for plenty of reps but couldn't rock climb or sprint worth a damn. I didn't like that. Every summer my son and I are a "splash" at the pool for the antics we do off the high dive. I want to live a long, long, athletic life.

Peace!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic