YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Clean eating: what is it really and where's the science?

o/t can they call it grass fed if it's grain finished? mother fuckers if whole foods is messing with me.....

Ha! Whole Paycheck is fucking with us all! There is no standard definition of "Grass-fed Beef." All it means is that the cow was fed grass at one point in its life. It could have been moldy old grass that was mixed in with its feed.
Grass-Finished beef means the cow was fed grass up until maturity was complete and the cow finished growing.
From what I understand, the cow has to be slaughtered within a certain window otherwise the healthy fat levels and all of the other goodness can decline rapidly within days. I would think that if a product was "Finished" it would be promoted as such.

Fats are LIPIDS, and not all lipids are the same, NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Same for AMINO ACIDS; there are 21 amino acids (9 Essential Amino Acids) and each protein source has a very different ratio. BEEF is different from chicken, which is different from eggs, which is different from fish.

Carbs, depending on the glycemic index, will have varying effects on blood glucose and insulin.

You have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.
Your response has absolutely nothing to do with what he is talking about. He is saying that combining a fat with a high glycemic carb will be different than consuming that carb by itself, so food combinations change everything with regard to glycemic index........And he is correct.

Eating WHITE BREAD, instead of rye or whole wheat, will make a HUGE difference in body composition--over time.

Actually you're spot on about this. White bread has much less gluten in it than whole wheat, so there will be less inflammation leading to metabolic syndrome.

No, it's about QUALITY fats, carbs, and amino acids;

The carbs from WHITE bread are not the same as the carbs from RYE.

The fats from EGGS are not the same as the fat from CRISCO.

The amino acids from grass-fed STEAK are not the same as the amino acids from TACO BELL BEEF.

You have some research to do, my friend..

What defines quality?

What defines quality?

I would think nutrient dense = quality

example,
white bread is just a carbohydrate source with no nutrients, while Quinoa is a carb source that is loaded with nutrients.

bottom line eat clean u will make good gains and minimise fat gain eat like shit u will get fat and slopy there are only a few people who can get away with eating whatever they want and gain muscle and stay lean

I would think nutrient dense = quality

example,
white bread is just a carbohydrate source with no nutrients, while Quinoa is a carb source that is loaded with nutrients.

Not to nit-pick but this isn't true. White bread contains protein, sodium, thiamine and folate. Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

Not to nit-pick but this isn't true. White bread contains protein, sodium, thiamine and folate. Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

Compare white bread to fruits like bananas, apples, pineapples, and berries. ;)

QUALITY food contains micronutrients which aid in the absorption and proper assimilation of macronutrients.

Again, the FATS contained in an EGG are not the same structurally as the fats contained in CRISCO. The amino acid combinations of MEATS are much different than the ratios of amino acids in PLANTS. I could go on..

Ok, it does have some nutrients in it, my statement was not completely accurate.
What I should have said is, relative to Quinoa it is not nutrient dense at all.
Word choice has to be extremely specific on these forums or you will find yourself in debates constantly I have noticed.

Quinoa:
Riboflavin Mg : 0.396 360%
Folacin Mcg: 49 113%
Potassium Mg : 740 217%
Calcium Mg : 60 240%
Phosphorus Mg : 410 123%
Magnesium Mg : 210 169%
Iron Mg : 9.25 256%
Zinc Mg : 3.3 118%
Pantothenic acid Mg : 1.047 111%
Copper Mg : 0.82 200%
Oleic acid (18:1) Gms: 1.525 646%
Linoleic acid (18:2/n6) Gms: 2.214 304%
Lysine Gms: 0.734 181%
Methionine Gms: 0.262 113%
Arginine Gms: 0.918 130%
Tryptophan Gms: 1.100 580%

Last edited:
Compare white bread to fruits like bananas, apples, pineapples, and berries. ;)

QUALITY food contains micronutrients which aid in the absorption and proper assimilation of macronutrients.

Again, the FATS contained in an EGG are not the same structurally as the fats contained in CRISCO. The amino acid combinations of MEATS are much different than the ratios of amino acids in PLANTS. I could go on..

You're changing the argument. Why would I compare white bread with fruits and berries? Was that ever a question?

Word choice has to be extremely specific on these forums or you will find yourself in debates constantly I have noticed.

I don't think that's a bad thing. :)

Actually you're spot on about this. White bread has much less gluten in it than whole wheat, so there will be less inflammation leading to metabolic syndrome.

I understand quite a few people have some intolerance to gluten, some have celiac's too... but not everyone has any drastic form of inflammation due to gluten. I know alot of people push gluten free these days, and that a good move for a lot but it's simply not true for all.

You're changing the argument. Why would I compare white bread with fruits and berries? Was that ever a question?

)

Because they are both CARBS! :). Would you rather consume wholesome fruits or white bread?

Point is, again, there is a difference in quality of each macronutrient.

Eating WHITE BREAD, instead of rye or whole wheat, will make a HUGE difference in body composition--over time.

This was the first argument...

Because they are both CARBS! :). Would you rather consume wholesome fruits or white bread?

Point is, again, there is a difference in quality of each macronutrient.

...Now you've morphed it into this. I wouldn't compare bread with fruit and berries despite them being both carbs. If you were going to make a sandwich, could you substitute cherries for bread? Would you add bread to a fruit salad or smoothie? Both types of carbs have their place in a diet, if your particular diet/immune system allows it.

This was the first argument...

...Now you've morphed it into this. I wouldn't compare bread with fruit and berries despite them being both carbs. If you were going to make a sandwich, could you substitute cherries for bread? Would you add bread to a fruit salad or smoothie? Both types of carbs have their place in a diet, if your particular diet/immune system allows it.

Again, I was only illustrating MY POINT that a not all carbs are equal. Same is the case for fats and protein.

Well I actually see consistency in most of these responses. I'm a month new to this forum and I'd say the quality of the debate even on my question is better than elsewhere.

By saying I've been at this 20 years I only meant I've heard the debate over time and the bro sci or right answer has changed. No criticism, just an observation. Btw I have experimented for those years learning what foods were hypoglycemic good vs bad. Because I was hypo since I was a teen. For example, for ME, a snickers bar was a better choice than white bread. Tho I didn't eat either one if better choices were available.

Yea the way we type out our thoughts here can poorly represent what we meant. Shoot I think I'm saying one thing and my wife tells me what I really said.

I guess I could post a photo tho I don't know how it shows anything about my knowledge of clean eating. It shows an ectomorph. I'll hunt it up when I'm on a desktop.

not that i know a whole lot, im still learning but when i first started training and getting into it around 10 years ago, i was 160lb 6'2, pretty skinny and not very strong. i started training heavy, prolly too much volume but i ate everything, i was eating till i threw up. in one year i went up to 200lb and the next year up to 215-220, however i gained a decent amount of fat during that time, i had love handles and not visible abs. As the years past i cleaned my diet up and got smarter about training and now im 227-230lb 15%bf. i find with me being an ecto is i make sure i get my protein in first, somewhere around 300-350g a day and i eat just about anything else. I make sure i drop carbs out about 5 hours before bedtime, learned this from dante, he is ''da man'' so far its helped me out in staying somewhat lean. Im trying to get my bf down to about 10% and eating cleaner has def started helping.

IMHO it's pretty simple.

Clean = high quality, nutrient dense, no preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors, no chemicals. Wholesome, natural, unprocessed beneficial foods for health and strength.

To me, clean is food that has gone through the least amount of processing.
agree 100%
if it didnt breathe or grow from the ground you dont eat it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131