over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Clearing receptors

I was wondering what style of training? And also, what style of diet to upregulate androgen receptors? I'm very curious because this sounds like a juicy topic.

Positive repetitions will have the most beneficial effects on the proliferation of the testosterone receptors in the trained muscle.

You need to train enough to increase the number of testosterone receptors, to much training can cause receptors collapse.

I have blast and cruised. I have stayed on. And just recently I have started coming off cold turkey taking nothing. I like coming off cold turkey. It's almost like you got to regress to progess at times.

I will always come off for 4 weeks completly from now on

I have blast and cruised. I have stayed on. And just recently I have started coming off cold turkey taking nothing. I like coming off cold turkey. It's almost like you got to regress to progess at times.

How do U feel when off? Libido ok?

Was just listening to the latest Size Game podcast where all 3 guys, Sandoe, Hollingshead and the other dude ALL said they come off for awhile to clean out.

I'd have to take proviron or GH or something. Would trip me out almost.

How do U feel when off? Libido ok?

Was just listening to the latest Size Game podcast where all 3 guys, Sandoe, Hollingshead and the other dude ALL said they come off for awhile to clean out.

I'd have to take proviron or GH or something. Would trip me out almost.

Also listened. They did say they all "come off" but didn't specify exactly. When most say they "come off" they still are using TRT doses.

Not a good idea.

How does a 8 week cycle work running compounds like Deca and Eq?

It would render useless. Both esters take awhile to furnish results.

Not what I really ment brother at all . Advice was given to do 8 week cycles I just wondering how they did with them,compounds .

biglizard i would like to hear your thoughts on how you approach this mate please. I recon you certainly do not belong to "10 mg a day test club" lol so what is it you do for restoring androgen sensitivity. cheers

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Lol naw I wouldn't ever go that low.

Here's the way I see it, I don't believe you can clean receptors per say but I do believe that your CNS and pretty much every other cell in your body gets used to a "certain dosage"

I think there's many different ways to go about keeping cell receptors sensitive,

There's a healthy way and a few not so healthy ways, I lean more towards the healthy way,

A healthy way in my opinion would be as low dose of testosterone as you can manage without feeling like total shit and can still keep your strength and so forth.... Then run a "cycle of an androgen, a nor-19, an oral and maybe a anabolic. Test tren winstrol and maybe mast... Take equal time off, gets bloods etc... Or you could come off which I don't like that idea because if you've been on for a while you'll just feel like shit,

A not so healthy approach could be, keep test moderate to high and rotate compounds, tren then deca then an oral then whatever else, basically whatever you can get your hands on just rotate them. Don't go crazy on dosages because high doses I don't believe are necessary, there's only so much your body will handle at once. Nothing like Bostin runs just maybe 2 or 3 compound at moderate dosages and GH if you can afford. Basically just rotate compounds all year depending on your body fat and your goals,

Lol naw I wouldn't ever go that low.

Here's the way I see it, I don't believe you can clean receptors per say but I do believe that your CNS and pretty much every other cell in your body gets used to a "certain dosage"

I think there's many different ways to go about keeping cell receptors sensitive,

There's a healthy way and a few not so healthy ways, I lean more towards the healthy way,

A healthy way in my opinion would be as low dose of testosterone as you can manage without feeling like total shit and can still keep your strength and so forth.... Then run a "cycle of an androgen, a nor-19, an oral and maybe a anabolic. Test tren winstrol and maybe mast... Take equal time off, gets bloods etc... Or you could come off which I don't like that idea because if you've been on for a while you'll just feel like shit,

A not so healthy approach could be, keep test moderate to high and rotate compounds, tren then deca then an oral then whatever else, basically whatever you can get your hands on just rotate them. Don't go crazy on dosages because high doses I don't believe are necessary, there's only so much your body will handle at once. Nothing like Bostin runs just maybe 2 or 3 compound at moderate dosages and GH if you can afford. Basically just rotate compounds all year depending on your body fat and your goals,

I would also like to ad for any impressionable younger folks on here or anyone who is trying to learn,

Take what I say for a grain of salt, meaning I'm a competitive bodybuilder, I don't recommend just regular gym bros to stay on year round or blast anything period.

My reasoning is there's no sense, the shit isn't going to kill you right off the bat but say you have an underlying ailment you don't know about and blast for a while and BOOM here comes heart failure or kidney failure or whatever the case could be. Just do what you can on the very most minimal if nothing at all. Follow Dante aka DOGGCRAPP or Emeric. There ideas on dosages are hands down the safest in my opinion. There not going to blow you up in a few months but hell you have years and years to do this, take it slow.

I'm no saint but I don't want any kids reading what I have to say and think they have to take a lot of shit to get huge cause it couldn't be further from the truth.

Wanna know the best way to keep receptors sensitive don't take anything at all. Do everything for years and years then go to an endo and get prescribed test and GH from a pharmacy, then add small variables like mild compounds. Check out what Matt Porter is doing and how he looks on the dosage he's on. Pretty fuckin impressive what you can do on trt and a strict diet.

I would also like to ad for any impressionable younger folks on here or anyone who is trying to learn,

Take what I say for a grain of salt, meaning I'm a competitive bodybuilder, I don't recommend just regular gym bros to stay on year round or blast anything period.

My reasoning is there's no sense, the shit isn't going to kill you right off the bat but say you have an underlying ailment you don't know about and blast for a while and BOOM here comes heart failure or kidney failure or whatever the case could be. Just do what you can on the very most minimal if nothing at all. Follow Dante aka DOGGCRAPP or Emeric. There ideas on dosages are hands down the safest in my opinion. There not going to blow you up in a few months but hell you have years and years to do this, take it slow.

I'm no saint but I don't want any kids reading what I have to say and think they have to take a lot of shit to get huge cause it couldn't be further from the truth.

Wanna know the best way to keep receptors sensitive don't take anything at all. Do everything for years and years then go to an endo and get prescribed test and GH from a pharmacy, then add small variables like mild compounds. Check out what Matt Porter is doing and how he looks on the dosage he's on. Pretty fuckin impressive what you can do on trt and a strict diet.

I like your posts. Been doing this a long time, I have done both the "healthy" way and the "not so healthy" way. The long cycles switching out compounds, while I get bigger, stronger, cut at times, I never felt the bang you get when you first go on a cycle. As I am getting older, I do feel some effects of all the gear use, nothing dramatic like some on here but I do have kidney issues (from high BP), now under control, many tears and a back that needs surgery. The last year, I went completely off for many months due to a back issue, went and had test level checked and I was at 141, decided to do trt which brought me back up to around 700. Now I do 8-10 week cycles in between my trt and I get that bang again when I get on. I saw that video on Palumbo where he talked about receptor sensitivity and it made sense (even though I knew that) he made me actually think enough to try it. I actually gained some really good weight back doing these shorter cycles with trt in between, I then get my bloods done (like ever 4-5 months) and internally everything is doing fine.

I think coming off of everything for 2-3 months works wonders.

I have been on TRT for 5 years with no breaks and a few months back I watched a video that Dave Palumbo posted about coming off of all anabolics for 3 months to cleans out your system and to re-sensitize your receptors. Shortly there after I decided to give it a try even though I had a lot of anxiety about loosing my gains, loss of libido, mental/personality issues etc. I went into it with a positive outlook. Prior to coming off I was blasting at 500mg of test a week and my cruise was 250mg-300mg.

Benefits of being off:
Joints felt better/Less achey
I could breath better
BP was good
Sleep better
My personality became more expressive
Acne went down
strength stayed about the same with working weight

Negatives of being off:
I lost 20 lbs
I lost the fullness I had
Appetite went down
sexual desire went down
A little bit of depression
Recovery went down (less days in the gym)

Once the 3 month cleans was over I STARTED my TRT at 212mg of test a week (30mg of Test prop a day) and once it comes time to blast I will gradually up the dose to 350mg-400mg MAX. This time around I feel healthier, my physique is better than It ever has been, and I have pushed past a lot of plateaus I was previously struggling with before. If you are on TRT or you blast and cruise I would recommend coming off of everything for 2-3 months out of the year for longevity and wellness purposes. Listen to your body because it will pay off in the end.

Everything I know about the endocrine system, years of schooling, leaves
Me wth the unfortunate knowledge that the best way to reset the receptors is to come off completely. Seeing this in myself after being in the hospital for a month and coming completely clean. Have heard this as well from a few top guys who for one reason or another had to come off completely for a few months, when they started back up their progress was exponential

Androgen receptors, like any other protein molecule have a short duration of their active life, limited to hours.

I'm not sure on why some individuals believe there's debris left behind in the AR (or any receptor) after all the conformational changes took place. Receptors go through a recycling process. They're not perpetual, they degrade and the cycle starts all-over.

These are really easy finds if people took the time to look them up.

Last edited:
I'm surprised by a lot of the posts I'm seeing. Is there disagreement that androgen receptors (AR) do not downregulate? They don't need to be "resensitized." Don't take my word for it, research it. There is no debate on this in the scientific community. AR Do not downregulate or desensitize (burn out, etc). However, I agree that the body will plateau or adapt to a certain androgen level. But the stop in progress is not due to mere AR desensitization or needing to be "cleared out" in the common understanding. There are multiple physiological reasons and pathways for a reduction in gains and it mostly has to do with various body adaptation processes.

A lot of coaches have guys come of for health aspects but it's not AR based. Some gurus still promote the idea of AR resensitization. Palumbo is a prime example. The observation is very real but I think many have confused AR burnout for this observation when that is in fact not what is occurring. When AR are maxed, you actually unregulate and produce more AR. A steroid user will have more AR than a non user. This is not to say a break is not warranted and you do get better adaption (gains) after a break when the body is fresh. But putting all this on AR downregulation is a myth guys.

When you come off, TRT is fine. Coming totally off is fine too but you'll crash.

Last edited:
Androgen receptors, like any other protein molecule have a short duration of their active life, limited to hours.

I'm not sure on why some individuals believe there's debris left behind in the AR (or any receptor) after all the conformational changes took place. Receptors go through a recycling process. They're not perpetual, they degrade and the cycle starts all-over.

These are really easy finds if people took the time to look them up.
Exactly, thinking of them as permanent spaces that have to be cleaned out is flawed. You'll actually end up with more AR by juicing.

Fellas, See this writeup, it's put pretty well here. Anthony Roberts has gotten some things wrong (e.g. t4 with GH makes it work better, but he's right on these topics)
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member