over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Clen and heart problems

I have done my own studies since I am an asthmatic and I can tell you Albuterol does not burn fat. Palumbo has even made the same statement as I did above. (NO I am NOT claiming to be a guru)

I think it might at some of the doses bodybuilders use. I think I figured once that id have to inhail my entire canister of albuterol from my inhailer in order to get one days dose. Real safe and good idea huh?!

palumbo was referring to albuterol inhalers not tablets.in 8 and 16mg a day doses it burns fat n increases strength and muscle. albuterol tablets have more muscle building effects in humans at useable doses than clen does. look it up

Yeah, the dosage in one puff from an inhailer is measure in micrograms. There are 1000 micrograms in one milligram! If youre taking 8 mg thats freakin insane!! HOlY CRAP!

the dose for treating asthma is two puffs which is 180 mcg. So a 8mg dose is 44 times as big! At most youre supposed to go that evey 6 hours so that would be a dose of 720mcg/day and thats still 11 times smaller than a daily dose of 8mg. I sure hope they dont have people taking 8mg all at once in one tablet. Albuterol is a beta agonist that still has some effect on cardiac tissue and could cause problems at such a high dose.

Last edited:
yeah, but the doses bodybuilders use is many many times higher than what is used in an inhailer. its in the order of 100s of times greater if not more. Im too lazy right now to look up the data but ive looked at it before.
You're getting confused by trying to directly compare the oral dosing with dosing for an inhaler. You can't do that. They're not even close to equivalent.

According to the physician's reference UpToDate, the standard recommended dose for a metered-dose inhaler is 2 puffs every 4-6 hours as needed. In contrast, the standard recommended oral dose is, in fact, 2-4 mg, 3-4 times/day or an 8 mg extended release every 12 hours.
I use albuterol for my asthma. This drug was never approved for usage as such high doses.
This drug was certainly approved for oral doses that are much higher than the inhaler doses.

I love Conciliators style. Great research and he makes his points clearly. But if you haven't done your own research and try to argue with him he will piss you off.:D

You're getting confused by trying to directly compare the oral dosing with dosing for an inhaler. You can't do that. They're not even close to equivalent.

According to the physician's reference UpToDate, the standard recommended dose for a metered-dose inhaler is 2 puffs every 4-6 hours as needed. In contrast, the standard recommended oral dose is, in fact, 2-4 mg, 3-4 times/day or an 8 mg extended release every 12 hours.
This drug was certainly approved for oral doses that are much higher than the inhaler doses.

Wasnt aware of anyone in the US taking this drug orally. Looks like its less effective when its oral then. You do have to figure though that both dosages are effective at the same level, and I can say 100% that using albuterol never helped me shed bodyfat. So unless taking it orally is better somehow for losing fat, taking this really isnt effective. Maybe bodybuilding doses are several times larger than 16mg/day. I do see where thats the dose for adults on the oral.

As far as why the oral dose is so much higher, I would guess its because the inhailed form is more effective because its going right into the lungs where it does its work. The oral on the other hand has to reach certain blood levels before it will effect the lungs.

Last edited:
Side effects at a normal adult dose

What I found:

"Albuterol Extended-release tablets
The adverse reactions to Albuterol are similar in nature to reactions to other sympathomimetic agents.

The most frequent adverse reactions to Albuterol are nervousness, tremor, headache, tachycardia, and palpitations.

Less frequent adverse reactions are muscle cramps, insomnia, nausea, weakness, dizziness, drowsiness, flushing, restlessness, irritability, chest discomfort, and difficulty in micturition.

Rare cases of urticaria, angioedema, rash, bronchospasm, and oropharyngeal edema have been reported after the use of Albuterol.

In addition, Albuterol, like other sympathomimetic agents, can cause adverse reactions such as hypertension, angina, vomiting, vertigo, central nervous system stimulation, unusual taste, and drying or irritation of the oropharynx.

In controlled clinical trials of adult patients conducted in the United States, the following incidence of adverse events was reported:

Albuterol Sulfate Extended-Release Tablets Theophylline Other Beta-Agonists Placebo
Event (n = 330) (n = 197) (n = 20) (n = 178)
Tremor 24.2% 6.1% 35% 1.1%
Headache 18.8% 26.9% 35% 20.8%
Nervousness 8.5% 5.1% 10% 2.8%
Nausea/Vomiting 4.2% 19.8% 5% 3.9%
Tachycardia 2.7% 0.5% 5% 0%
Muscle Cramps 2.7% 0.5% 5% 0.6%
Palpitations 2.4% 0.5% 0% 1.1%
Insomnia 2.4% 6.1% 0% 1.7%
Dizziness 1.5% 2% 0% 5.1%
Somnolence 0.3% 1% 0% 0.6%

A trend was observed among patients treated with Albuterol sulfate extended-release tablets toward increasing frequency of muscle cramps with increasing patient age (12 to 20 years, 1.2%; 21 to 30 years, 2.6%; 31 to 40 years, 6.9%; 41 to 50 years, 6.9%), compared with no such events in the placebo group. Also observed was an increasing frequency of tremor with increasing patient age (12 to 20 years, 29.4%; 21 to 30 years, 29.9%; 31 to 40 years, 27.6%; 41 to 50 years, 37.9%), compared to 2.9% or less in the placebo group.

The reactions are generally transient in nature, and it is usually not necessary to discontinue treatment with Albuterol sulfate extended-release tablets."

So it looks like getting the shakes and having a headache are the most commons sides. Ive never had either using an inhailer.

I think the only thing that would concern me would be using doses higher than reccomended because the sides would become more pronounced. Overall it is a much better choice over using Clen if youre dead set on using a beta agonist.

It does make some sense that it might help some fat loss because I know personally that using a beta blocker can cause weight gain. I think its questionable though how effective albuterol is for weight loss.

I think that this puts it into perspective:
"Albuterol Dosage for Weight Loss
Honestly speaking using albuterol for weight loss is not a good option. However, many people use it because clinical studies show that albuterol increases metabolic rate, which in turn helps to lose weight. Although, it has been popularized as a weight loss pill, it has not received any FDA approval. Doctors also do not recommend albuterol to lose fat. It is observed that people literally abuse this medicine and take it in larger doses to lose weight. This can lead to side effects like high blood pressure and put the person in the risk zone of heart attack and stroke.

It is observed that increased albuterol dosage does help to control acute asthma problems but still, one has to consult a doctor to take medicine in higher doses. On the whole, abuse of albuterol dosage has to strictly avoided and follow the age old remedy for weight loss which is nothing but exercise and a healthy diet."

Last edited:
Maldorf

Very glad you chimed in on this since you have had heart issues. I really enjoy reading your info.

I think you are probably right. Just like ECA is safe when used responsibly.

However, when it comes to clen and BB it seems like there is never a responsible dose. The more is better mentallity.

Ephedra has actually been shown to be quite bad for the heart... not to mention its lack of receptor selectivity... I'd stick to the clen

Ephedra has actually been shown to be quite bad for the heart... not to mention its lack of receptor selectivity... I'd stick to the clen

How about its all bad for your heart and dont take any of it. All of this stuff is rough on the heart. I used clen for about 1 month or so and promised myself I never would again. Some bad stuff. A very powerful drug, and some people are mixing up their own solutions at home. One slip in their math and they end up taking a dose that is 10 x, 100x, 1000x greater than it should be.

I've used clen before on a couple occassions and I got bad chest pains from it, there is no way it can be good for the heart, atleast not mine!

In general I stay away from it but I am considering using 1 week of helios with 1 week of DNP just to get into the real cut range then finish off the last few pounds on my own.

I doubt anything besides maybe crack can cause damage in 1 week

I've used clen several times with good results and my heart is fine. I get blood work done and had my last stress test done last year with great results. The doctor thought I was a runner and wanted to know how many miles I ran a day,I laughed and told him I wouldnt run across the parking lot if it was raining.LOL

I've used clen several times with good results and my heart is fine. I get blood work done and had my last stress test done last year with great results. The doctor thought I was a runner and wanted to know how many miles I ran a day,I laughed and told him I wouldnt run across the parking lot if it was raining.LOL

Well the body can handle small amounts of arsenic at a time and no damage is detected. This doesnt mean though that its not harmful for the body. Why put something like this in your body and even take the chance of causing illness? People have died from this class of drug.

Well the body can handle small amounts of arsenic at a time and no damage is detected. This doesnt mean though that its not harmful for the body. Why put something like this in your body and even take the chance of causing illness? People have died from this class of drug.

OT - Do you think it caused the heart problem you had?

Not saying it is safe but with the doses used in that study would the BB dose of say 50mcg not be within the tolerable amount?

I'm sure the tuna I eat,the tren I take,etc,etc cause damage too. I'm sure you have your reasons for the statement above but I get bloodwork done every 6months and stress test every few years and this is working for me just fine.

I know we all hear different stories, but I do know of a BB that was using up 400 mcg a day and I am not kidding. The sad thing was he is not even close to being a pro.

I figure he is a ticking time bomb.

OT - Do you think it caused the heart problem you had?

No. I only used it for a total of maybe 3 months or so over the years. I usually felt crappy while on it though.

My heart attack was caused by a big blood clot, and the clen has nothing to do with that. Clen can cause irregular heart beats though, and at high doses death. It has been shown to cause cell death in cardiac tissue during research on rats but the doses they use are really high.

I would stay away from this drug and all others in the class. They all have undesirable effects on the heart.

I'm sure the tuna I eat,the tren I take,etc,etc cause damage too. I'm sure you have your reasons for the statement above but I get bloodwork done every 6months and stress test every few years and this is working for me just fine.

Its your life. If you feel like the reward is worth the risk of using this drug then more power to you. You only get one heart though, and once its damaged it will NEVER heal. Dead tissue is dead forever. I can stand witness to this.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear