over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

close grip bench for triceps

Ive honestly been using Dorians theories on training and its been working. It makes sense that there is no need for a close grip press. Your using your triceps during, bench, incline, decline, shoulder press, basically any presing movement. He stresses that on smaller muscles like bi's and tri's to stick to islolation movements. That what ive been doing and it seems to be working.

Ive honestly been using Dorians theories on training and its been working. It makes sense that there is no need for a close grip press. Your using your triceps during, bench, incline, decline, shoulder press, basically any presing movement. He stresses that on smaller muscles like bi's and tri's to stick to islolation movements. That what ive been doing and it seems to be working.

so, if i'm doing 300 x 12 RP on CGBP, and you're doing 180 on tricep pushdowns, you're going to have bigger, better triceps because you're getting a better squeeze?

Last edited:

I'm glad that's working for you (seriously).

But that approach never worked for me. My tri's are, by far, the most lagging bodypart I have due to using this approach.

:eek:

But that approach never worked for me. My tri's are, by far, the most lagging bodypart I have due to using this approach.

I totally agree. he said he's tall and with that goes long arms, for that
reason alone I would stay away from Isolation movements for joint
reasons. I'm over 6' too and the only thing that worked for me was
close grip benches with false grip keeping the weight focused at the palms
with about shoulder with grip. Not wrapping the thumbs around the bar
keeps your wrist straighter........

so, if i'm doing 300 x 12 RP on CGBP, and you're doing 180 on tricep pushdowns, you're going to have bigger, better triceps because you're getting a better squeeze?

Not neccesarilly. For me(and everyone is diffrent). my arms have seemed to grow lately from a lighter weight with a higher emphasis on reps and concentrating on mind muscle connection and the squeeze. But what works for me probably wont work for the next guy

i use a lot of dips too.

I totally agree. he said he's tall and with that goes long arms, for that
reason alone I would stay away from Isolation movements for joint
reasons. I'm over 6' too and the only thing that worked for me was
close grip benches with false grip keeping the weight focused at the palms
with about shoulder with grip. Not wrapping the thumbs around the bar
keeps your wrist straighter........

im 6'2-6'3

my triceps just seem to really react to any stimulation

i use a lot of dips too.

I wasn't slammin' on ya bro. :p

Seriously, if you've got a routine that's workin' for ya, ride that shit like a camel! :)

I was just making note that that same type of routine hasn't worked for me.

A friend at my gym has genuine 20" arms. My bi's are bigger than his with a better peak, yet my arms are only 17.5".

My tri's look great. Good shape, definition, hardness, etc; but they severely lack mass and I used Dorian's theories for a long time.

Aloha,

I just read about this place while shopping for a charcoal grill. JoeV's formula sprang up as considered one of the more promising selections, so I tried it. Fantastic! Presently I`m feeling a tad guilty , and hunting for some motivation from others trying to shape up.

Although I know the **broken link removed** , I feed off of motivation from others. Ok, done with my rant.

I will enjoy telling what (little) I know, and learning a lot.

TT :)
content-bg.gif

Aloha to you. I fucked your mother in the asshole last night. Nice and tight, just like her abs...

Your hands should be no closer than shoulder width. Also don't attempt to press all the way to your chest. If you're hands are properly positioned and your elbows are staying tucked in, you shouldn't be able to touch your chest.

bump

CGBP have REALLY helped my triceps - along with dead skulls.

Like most are saying form is key:
-outside of your hand should be at the width of your shoulders (usually 10-14")
-thumbless grip, push with proximal/butt 1/2 of palms, in Smith machine (if angled smith push towards feet), I want to reiterate SMITH (it is needed for the grip and pushing with this part of hand).
-bring it down to TOWARDS right below chest/bottom of sternum... but bring it down 3-4" from chest (might be more, depends on limb length) and push back up short of lock out (the distance the bar travels isn't that much)
-you can keep elbows tucked in, if not comfortable at all - then do what feels natural (after I hit 315~ I had to flare out so very slightly since it became painful)
-wrist wraps are an option
-can also do ass and lower back off bench (learned from other DC followers)

That's all the pointers I can think of.

Try fixing the form/weight/whatever (cause it's a GREAT movement, you can put A LOT of weight on your tri's, a ton of room for progression) - but if it is really uncomfortable or painful don't do it.

Last edited:
the best mass builders for the tri's IMO, along with reverse grip push downs will kill the tris

One of the top mass builders on tri's imo. Also, if raw powerlifting it's one of the best accessory lifts. Helps with elbow tucking and tricep power. I'm only 30lbs off my max bench with my max close grip :p

i feel those are great for building triceps but they do bang up my wrists and elbows. You gotta find how to make your body comfortable and then their great

Yes

Aloha,

I just read about this place while shopping for a charcoal grill. JoeV's formula sprang up as considered one of the more promising selections, so I tried it. Fantastic! Presently I`m feeling a tad guilty , and hunting for some motivation from others trying to shape up.

Although I know the **broken link removed** , I feed off of motivation from others. Ok, done with my rant.

I will enjoy telling what (little) I know, and learning a lot.

TT :)
content-bg.gif

I am not sure how the Triceps would react to this but you definately wouldn't injur your wrists...............I think I will give it a shot......

Thanks TommyT

Bro keep your wrists tight throughout the movement. DO NOT put your hands to close together. And do not let the bar rest on the bottom of your palms. Keep your wrist tight and as straight as u can to avoid all the pressure on your wrists.Well me personally i love close grips. It is a great mass builder for tris and it helps your bench go up if done correctly. I have went as high as 375. I stay at 315 now. I promise if you do these correctly and for a while your bench will go up.:cool:

I do these after a set of bench dips with a 45lb on my lap, then go to regular push-ups to failure, then jump to the close grip benches. I don't need a spotter for my puny weights at that point :p

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws