over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CNS in Bodybuilding

knucklehed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I would like to see some discussion around the role of CNS in bodybuilding. There are many good threads about various training methods, volume vs. HIT, set/rep schemes, training frequency etc.
I believe the Central nervous system is ultimately responsible for pushing the muscle hard enough to stimulate growth.
Cliché yes, but "It's all mental".. right?
What methods, techniques, and supplement are there for training the CNS to push harder , longer and recover faster?

I would like to see some discussion around the role of CNS in bodybuilding. There are many good threads about various training methods, volume vs. HIT, set/rep schemes, training frequency etc.
I believe the Central nervous system is ultimately responsible for pushing the muscle hard enough to stimulate growth.
What methods, techniques, and supplement are there for training the CNS to push harder , longer and recover faster?

I've often wondered how big a role our CNS actually plays in growth & recovery. My training partner is far stronger & more experienced than I am & he has advised me that food is more important than sleep...

I think CNS recovery is an valuable piece of the puzzle, but is still only one piece among many. If it actually were "all mental", then diet & gear wouldn't even be a consideration.

I could be wrong though...

I've often wondered how big a role our CNS actually plays in growth & recovery. My training partner is far stronger & more experienced than I am & he has advised me that food is more important than sleep...

I think CNS recovery is an valuable piece of the puzzle, but is still only one piece among many. If it actually were "all mental", then diet & gear wouldn't even be a consideration.

I could be wrong though...

I am referring more specifically to the role of CNS in traing, moving weight etc.
However choosing teh best diet and gear is a mental decision so it is still mental

Optimally engaging muscle fibers involves the use of visulation or the ability to use the brain to connect with muscle tissue trough thought, as well as electrical impulse. Muscle grow faster when mental preparation and focus are combined with strict physical training. To better understand how important the mental side of the game is, you need to know how visulation works at the subconciouse level. Visulation begins in the frontal lobe of the brain. The signal is then transferred to the per-motor cortex where the design of the movement is stored and organized. From there the signal is sent to the motor cortex, where it is changed to an all-or-nothing impulse. This impulse stimulates the contraction of muscle tissue, which involves the shortening of each muscle fiber. So visulation is partly responsible for the activation of muscle fibers in a contraction.

Using visualization can be powerful tool in creating a fertile environment for growth through resistance exercise. Of course you can get along without it. Simply lifting heavy weights will account for some growth, but visualization can the difference between a satisfactory physique and an incredible physicue.

So if your CNS is not recovered you will have problem with visulation -brain power conection.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws