advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coach wants me eating 5lbs meat per day...what do you guys eat?

Lol! 100g shake when you wanted to go off the diet!? That's different.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

you know when I thought about it it made me feel old but this type of eating used to be pretty normal and normalish kind of talk on the boards, think about some of the people posting regularly then, DC the whole anabolic extreme crew, trevor smith was around, a bunch of massive guys putting out great info on what it took to get to and break the 300lb mark.

75-100g, I don't have my exact diet from him anymore and lost the email account with all the emails and such but pretty much every meal was 100g of pro, roughly. I just got used to eating 1lb or more of meat per meal but really that's not hard for me anyway.

I can down a kilo New York strip no prob with fries, wine bread...

hit up and all you can eat steakhouse here and gave the server heat failure when he watched me eat 3 BIG NY strips, and vacio ( kind of like flank steak ) ate 3 plates of French fries with it and half of another steak and we had 2 btl of wine. easily more then a kilo of meat in that meal.

that was just a cpl weeks ago, and im no wear near my size from training under dc. was a little under 230 before the meal... lol! and to make you guys really jealous that meal cost about 30usd! lol! sure wish I lived on dollars...

post work out was always 100g

yes before cheating like a box of cookies or whatever you had to down a big shake and if you still wanted to cheat it was ok.

other fun meals....

mcdonalds buy 3 of the $1 double cheese burgers and put all the meat on 1 bun!

washed ground beef and half a can of soup, actualy still use this.

Think I did 4 of those on 1 bun or just had them wrap em in lettuce. Got some nice strange looks on that one from the McD crew. Yep sounds like pretty much the same stuff maybe a tweak or 2 when I got a program from him years back.

Think I did 4 of those on 1 bun or just had them wrap em in lettuce. Got some nice strange looks on that one from the McD crew. Yep sounds like pretty much the same stuff maybe a tweak or 2 when I got a program from him years back.

You ever do the Arbys 5 for $5 and put all the meat on one sandwich. My mom got mad at me and said I was wasting the buns.

You ever do the Arbys 5 for $5 and put all the meat on one sandwich. My mom got mad at me and said I was wasting the buns.

Lmfao! Great idea though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Everybody different! Metabolisms vary!
I was eating 5-600 gms protein and 6000 or more cals daily and was stuck at 265lbs for 4mnths.
Some grow on 200 protein and 3000 cals! These are also the people that need to diet to get 6% bf.....Not Me!!!

drug intake and calorie expenditure/training volume varies a lot more than metabolisms...
one guy can be on 5grams 10iu hgh clen/t3/dnp training 6 days a week cardio ed while the other guy 1 gram aas, no hgh no stims training and doing cardio eod...no need to say who needs more cals more nutrients to maintain muscle and lose fat at the same time...as Evan C said in his video - the secret is to find balance and do nothing less and nothing more than you would need to
If someone needs 500g protein - he is overdoing something: either too much training, too much drugs or stimulants if he needs 500g protein to maintain his muscle mass, normal healthy bodies does need that much protein
Today bodybuilders doing everything more - more drugs, more training (volume but not frequency) this leads to greater calorie needs and because of going very low carb (which is a mistake) - the protein needs is very very high to fill out all those calorie needs.
IMO Evan C is one of those bodybuilders who is doing everything about perfect - nothing less and nothing more than is needed. The guy clearly cares about his health so I can guarantee his dosages are very moderate, from the training videos you can see than he trains harder, he puts more effort in his training than other pros, but he is not overdoing the volume - again doing just enough - no less and no more than is needed, the same applies to nutrition: very moderate protein intake (compared to his muscle mass) and with carbs again he is not overdoing and not underdoing at 12 weeks out he still eats 4-6 cups of rice daily this is why he do not need 500+g protein daily at his weight - he eats carbs which is just as important as protein, carbs spares protein and fills out with calories...what about his cardio regime? You got it right - not less and not more than is needed 1x time a day 40 or so minutes a day
Now I can tell the scenario when 200 or so pound guy would need 400-500g carbs...the guy trains ed, hits every muscle few times a week at a calorie deficit (this alone ups the protein requirements a lot) on top of that he is on lots of fat burning stimulants, more aas and hgh than is needed for 200 pound guy (again he needs even more cals and protei nat the same time), further more he does hours of cardio ed and eats very very little carbs = this again adds even more cals to his BMI, and because of very low carb (and fat) contest his protein intake skyrockets and this when you got a 200 pound guy eating 400-500g protein (there are plenty of guys like this example in PM), which is not needed in normal circumstances but is required in his situation not to lose muscle

How much meat does kev levrone eat in that video your quoting from? :D

No Doubt it will do you good bro..it's always been hard to afford that much daily for me

You dont see how its cheaper? 50 grams of protein from a shake costs me 50 cents roughly. To get that from chicken its more like a dollar depending on how cheap you can find it

I stopped using walmart protein and only use hydrolized whey so it's really not a lot cheaper for me

Seen a top national bodybuilders diet who's chasing a pro card a few months ago and it's was a crazy amount of protein, maybe 600g and using zero shakes, his coach works with a lot of ifbb pros and also took a few people from amateur to pro.

Meal 1 was 12 egg whites and 200g (cooked) steak, plus oats

All the rest if the meals were 300g of cooked meat so around 80 protein every 2 hours, plus around 80g of carbs from rice an sweat potatoes etc, couldn't see any fats in the diet

Even if I could afford this I doubt I could get it down me

thanks for all the input guys. it has been good reading all the different takes on it

I talked with my coach and Im gonna be bringing it down to a little over 400g a day which is much more reasonable IMO for me weight and LBM.

That said I do have a fast metabolism so I will start dieting on about 4k or a little over

IMO Evan C is one of those bodybuilders who is doing everything about perfect - nothing less and nothing more than is needed. The guy clearly cares about his health

Well, has he made improvements?

See this 2 year difference. Evan Arnold Classic 2012

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Arnold Classic 2014

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Maybe his health is better though, I don't know.

Wrong coach for you. Find someone you can agree with on nutrition.
5lbs of meat daily is a real chore. I know this personelly.
I gained size strength very well on a high meat diet but other than the gym
and floating around in the pool I felt not too good.
I managed 4-5lbs steak tar tar for about 5 months . Gains were off the hook.
Then one day I took a bite of beef and just could'nt stand it any longer.
I think best is a combo approach. For me 2 lbs meat daily with another
200 grams coming from whey or orher protein supps. I do believe it would be healthier. I could probably hang with the high animal protein longer if spread out ove rpoultry , fish shellfish , beef .
Mike Matarozzo and Quinn were known for super high beef intake and I know
it had to have contributed to later cardio problems. Main thing is to get quality protein in required amts. So real food protein sorces as primary and take up the slack with protein supps. Get toilet paper in bulk from sams club and put a towel on the seat in your car if you have cloth interior.
If you can't hang with a nutrition regimin then what is the point?
T

drug intake and calorie expenditure/training volume varies a lot more than metabolisms...
one guy can be on 5grams 10iu hgh clen/t3/dnp training 6 days a week cardio ed while the other guy 1 gram aas, no hgh no stims training and doing cardio eod...no need to say who needs more cals more nutrients to maintain muscle and lose fat at the same time...as Evan C said in his video - the secret is to find balance and do nothing less and nothing more than you would need to
If someone needs 500g protein - he is overdoing something: either too much training, too much drugs or stimulants if he needs 500g protein to maintain his muscle mass, normal healthy bodies does need that much protein
Today bodybuilders doing everything more - more drugs, more training (volume but not frequency) this leads to greater calorie needs and because of going very low carb (which is a mistake) - the protein needs is very very high to fill out all those calorie needs.
IMO Evan C is one of those bodybuilders who is doing everything about perfect - nothing less and nothing more than is needed. The guy clearly cares about his health so I can guarantee his dosages are very moderate, from the training videos you can see than he trains harder, he puts more effort in his training than other pros, but he is not overdoing the volume - again doing just enough - no less and no more than is needed, the same applies to nutrition: very moderate protein intake (compared to his muscle mass) and with carbs again he is not overdoing and not underdoing at 12 weeks out he still eats 4-6 cups of rice daily this is why he do not need 500+g protein daily at his weight - he eats carbs which is just as important as protein, carbs spares protein and fills out with calories...what about his cardio regime? You got it right - not less and not more than is needed 1x time a day 40 or so minutes a day
Now I can tell the scenario when 200 or so pound guy would need 400-500g carbs...the guy trains ed, hits every muscle few times a week at a calorie deficit (this alone ups the protein requirements a lot) on top of that he is on lots of fat burning stimulants, more aas and hgh than is needed for 200 pound guy (again he needs even more cals and protei nat the same time), further more he does hours of cardio ed and eats very very little carbs = this again adds even more cals to his BMI, and because of very low carb (and fat) contest his protein intake skyrockets and this when you got a 200 pound guy eating 400-500g protein (there are plenty of guys like this example in PM), which is not needed in normal circumstances but is required in his situation not to lose muscle

Definitely agree with this.

Part of me concedes that if so many huge guys say they need 400+g of protein then there's a reason for it BUT I feel like of that of that is just to eat more calories, be more "hardcore", following old ideas, etc..

I worked with IronAddicts 4 years ago and at 165-170lb he had me eating 2g/lb protein, so 320-350g daily. Later John Pinder took over his site and I worked with him and protein was closer to 250g and it was my best bulk to date naturally.

Now my best bulk to date on gear was this past year and I was only eating about 200-210g of protein most days while weighing around 205lb. If I felt like 300-400g of protein daily would be better I would have no problem doing it given I want results and I have a huge appetite, but it is my experience that the gains were no better (and arguably worse and more expensive lol) with 50-100% more protein instead of just an equivalent amount more carbs.

Also for the record my metabolism is slow and I can gain fat very easily, so classic example of someone you would expect to stay leaner on lower carbs higher protein, but again this is not my experience. Gained fat plenty easily on higher protein low carbs.

10oz cooked is not crazy for your size, if you arent going to listen to him, tell him. Thats a huge discrepency. Dont worry about uncooked weight, you are eating 3lbs of meat. I think its kinda silly to have 10oz meat for breakfast though, personally I use whey and egg whites for a protein source as well to mix it up.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This (see bold above).

It does no good to hire a coach and then not listen to him. If you disagree with something your coach says and then let him know you will not be following that particular aspect of your program, that is acceptable. After all, it is your body. The coach may not agree, but at least you are both on the same page.

However, not taking your coaches advice and then not telling him is a BIG mistake. Essentially, this is like tying your coach's hands behind his back, as he will not able to make the appropriate adjustments if he doesn't know what is going on. Just because a client might think something is insignificant, it doesn't mean it is. Often times, even small changes are part of a bigger plan and changing them without informing the coach will throw a monkey wrench into that plan.

I have spoken with several coaches who have worked with people who pick and choose what parts of the program they want to follow, yet never tell their coach what they're doing. Then, when they don't get the results they expect, they put the coach in blast for their own mistakes.

Open and honest communication between coach & client is vital to a successful working relationshop. If someone can't give their coach the respect they deserve by being honest with them, then they should work alone until such time they are able to do so.

I think some of you guys may be over reacting. I feel like the OP is just looking for some insight from in the community about what this guy has him doing. I haven't seen him say that he isn't going to eat according to plan, just that he's curious if this is common.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131