advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut Milk vs. Almond Milk :Which do you prefer and why?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I would love to hear arguments and individual views on which one is better for you from a health/dieting standpoint...or other reasons why you might prefer one over the other.

almond milk, and cook with coconut oil

I haven't heard a lot of hard evidence one way or the other. They both have their benefits, coconut for digestion for example. Almond milk has a lot of nutrients, but not many macros, while almost the opposite for coconut. Coconut and soy make me hypo sometimes for some strange reason, and i LOATHE coconuts. I only stand the oil because it has no cocnutty flavor.

If protein is a must in your milk, go with soy or dairy. If you dont want extra cals from your milk, stay away from coconut. If you want a good dairy replacement, I'd go with coconut. I use almond almost exclusively - wife loves it, I think it's pretty all right. My favorite part is that it cooks better than most other non-dairy milk preparations.

Though, you can't beat rice milk for a good horchata :headbang:

Blasphemy! I will not tolerate any talk of SOY in this thread!

But otherwise...good posts. Personally I always drank whole milk and for the last few months I now drink Raw Unpasteurized Milk from Jersey Cows.

This was sparked by the fact that most all people think both almond and coconut milk are healthy...but I know very little about either. Also compounded by the fact Shelby uses coconut milk and JM uses almond milk in their personal offseason, so I had to ask the question.

Of all the milks mentioned: Which is easiest on the digestive system?

What would you use them for? They are very different. Coconut milk is thick, almond milk is very watery.

Probably to replace milk for cereal (kids) and possibly add to protein shakes

Probably to replace milk for cereal (kids) and possibly add to protein shakes

I think coconut milk would be to thick for cereal, and probably too thick for shakes too. Almond milk would be better for that. But for some sauces and/or cooking other things coconut milk is great. That's why I asked about its use.

I use a combination of both, but that's just to get the right mouthfeel and taste. I use coconut milk from the cans, as the boxed stuff has a lot of crap added to it and it's watered down. Same goes for the Almond milk, but it isn't offered in the same way. Ideally, if you had the patience, making your own almond milk would be the best.

But as far as nutritional advantages are concerned... Almond milk has more minerals like magnesium etc. Coconut milk has better fat IMO. I prefer saturated fats like capryllic acid, especially for the MCT's. But again, mixing them together is my favorite.

I usually take 2 parts almond milk to 1 part coconut milk and 1 part yoghurt(usually Greek or Kefir). Throw in fruit if I'm feeling it, greens powder and some protein. Incredibly satisfying and nutritionally dense while low in carbohydrate (if you go easy on the fruit).

I use a combination of both, but that's just to get the right mouthfeel and taste. I use coconut milk from the cans, as the boxed stuff has a lot of crap added to it and it's watered down. Same goes for the Almond milk, but it isn't offered in the same way. Ideally, if you had the patience, making your own almond milk would be the best.

But as far as nutritional advantages are concerned... Almond milk has more minerals like magnesium etc. Coconut milk has better fat IMO. I prefer saturated fats like capryllic acid, especially for the MCT's. But again, mixing them together is my favorite.

I usually take 2 parts almond milk to 1 part coconut milk and 1 part yoghurt(usually Greek or Kefir). Throw in fruit if I'm feeling it, greens powder and some protein. Incredibly satisfying and nutritionally dense while low in carbohydrate (if you go easy on the fruit).

Not sure you've ever made a bad post. Thanks bro!

Nah, it's all about the gorilla breast milk for gorilla mones. The treal PHG(primate growth hormone).

To be honest....the only thing that I have liked when I have sampled any of this stuff is Vanilla Almond Milk. I think about 2 scoops of Vanilla Isolate mixed in 16oz of that and it's hard to imagine that not being absolutely delicious.

There also seems to be an almond and coconut milk blend out there that I have seen on shelves...

I would love to hear arguments and individual views on which one is better for you from a health/dieting standpoint...or other reasons why you might prefer one over the other.

Whichever you choose, make sure it doesn't contain carrageenan.

Regular ingestion of carrageenan also has a high correlation to different sorts of gastrointestinal cancers in rats. Most of the research done on the carrageenan/cancer relationship has been done in southeast Asia, and thus is not as well publicized as other harmful food additives like MSG.

However, the trail of research on this issue is long, and pretty consistent. Carrageenan (particularly the “degraded” kind) regularly induces carcinogenesis, neoplasia, and intestinal lesions. Ouch!

Carrageenan Isn't Good For You: High Correlations to Cancer and Inflammation

Whichever you choose, make sure it doesn't contain carrageenan.

Regular ingestion of carrageenan also has a high correlation to different sorts of gastrointestinal cancers in rats. Most of the research done on the carrageenan/cancer relationship has been done in southeast Asia, and thus is not as well publicized as other harmful food additives like MSG.

However, the trail of research on this issue is long, and pretty consistent. Carrageenan (particularly the “degraded” kind) regularly induces carcinogenesis, neoplasia, and intestinal lesions. Ouch!

Carrageenan Isn't Good For You: High Correlations to Cancer and Inflammation

Yeah, it's too bad that they use that crap to box these two milk's up.

It's tough finding them without it.

Most store bout almond milk is crap. Tons of binders, thickeners and preservatives. Coconut milk in the can is usually okay, but it has a ton of calories and fat.....even though its "good" fat, it is still fat and contains 9 calories per gram. I wouldn't go pouring a cup of it onto cereal.

coconut milk goes right through me lol

Sounds damn good to me. Thanks for sharing!

I make my own almond milk with raw unpasteurized almonds. I add himilayan pink salt, vanilla powder and some cinnamon and it's great!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws