over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut Oil-Miracle Good Fat or.....

Massive G said:
Z, what type of capsules does your wife use.
I searched a bit and found a few.
Some interesting products:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Emerald Laboratories, Extra virgin, certified organic

**broken link removed**

Originally Posted by Massive G
As unbelievable as it sounds, the oil in coconuts has been found to aid the body in destroying dozens of harmful viruses including hepatitis C, herpes, and HIV.

"Who can seriously believe this statement?

Everything written before or after such a dumb comment is now questionable ... sad cause it sounded good. Too good indeed"

To many studies to list so I will give you the link to what I believe is the best cite on coconut oil. If you look under Research you will see the first heading as Antimicrobial Effects
**broken link removed**

MARY ENIG Ph.D. ON NATURAL COCONUT OIL FOR AIDS and OTHER VIRAL INFECTIONS

On July 19, 1995, Enig was quoted in an article published in The HINDU, India's National Newspaper as stating that coconut oil is converted by the body into "Monolaurin" a fatty acid with anti-viral properties that might be useful in the treatment of AIDS. The staff reporter for The HINDU wrote about Enig's presentation at a press conference in Kochi and wrote the following:

"There was an instance in the US in which an infant tested HIV positive had become HIV negative. That it was fed with an infant formula with a high coconut oil content gains significance in this context and at present an effort was on to find out how the "viral load" of an HIV infected baby came down when fed a diet that helped in the generation of Monolaurin in the body."

The reporter commented on Enig's observations that "Monolaurin helped in inactivating other viruses such as measles, herpes, vesicular stomatitis and Cytomegalovirus (CMV) and that research undertaken so far on coconut oil also indicated that it offered a certain measure of protection against cancer-inducing substances. "

In another article published in the Indian Coconut Journal, Sept., 1995, Dr. Enig stated:

"Recognition of the antimicrobial activity of the monoglyceride of lauric acid (Monolaurin) has been reported since 1966. The seminal work can be credited to Jon Kabara. This early research was directed at the virucidal effects because of possible problems related to food preservation. Some of the early work by Hierholzer and Kabara (1982) that showed virucidal effects of Monolaurin on enveloped RNA and DNA viruses was done in conjunction with the Center for Disease Control of the US Public Health Service with selected prototypes or recognized strains of enveloped viruses. The envelope of these viruses is a lipid membrane."

Enig stated in her article that Monolaurin, of which the precursor is lauric acid, disrupted the lipid membranes of envelope viruses and also inactivated bacteria, yeast and fungi. She wrote:"Of the saturated fatty acids, lauric acid has greater antiviral activity than either caprylic acid (C-10) or myristic acid (C-14). The action attributed to Monolaurin is that of solubilizing the lipids ..in the envelope of the virus causing the disintegration of the virus envelope." In India, coconut oil is fed to calves to treat Cryptosporidium as reported by Lark Lands Ph.D. in her upcoming book "Positively Well" (1).

While HHV-6A was not mentioned by Enig, HHV-6A is an enveloped virus and would be expected to disintegrate in the presence of lauric acid and/or Monolaurin. Some of the pathogens reported by Enig to be inactivated by Monolaurin include HIV, measles, vercular stomatitis virus (VSV), herpes simplex virus (HSV-1), visna, cytomegalovirus (CMV), Influenza virus, Pneumonovirus, Syncytial virus and Rubeola. Some bacteria inactivated by Monolaurin include listeria, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Groups A, B, F and G streptococci, Gram-positive organisms; and gram-negative organisms, if treated with chelator.

Enig reported that only one infant formula "Impact" contains lauric acid while the more widely promoted formulas like "Ensure" do not contain lauric acid and often contain some hydrogenated fats (trans fatty acids). A modified ester of lauric acid, Monolaurin (available in capsules), is sold in health food stores and is manufactured by Ecological Formulas, Concord, CA.

ENIG ON A THERAPEUTIC DOSE

Based on her calculations on the amount of lauric acid found in human Mother's milk, Dr. Enig suggests a rich lauric acid diet would contain about 24 grams of lauric acid daily for the average adult. This amount could be found in about 3.5 tablespoons of coconut oil or 10 ounces of "Pure Coconut Milk." Coconut Milk is made in Sri Lanka and imported into the United States. It can be found in health food stores and in local grocery stores in the International Foods section or in specialty grocery stores that sell products imported from Thailand, the Philippines or East India. About 7 ounces of raw coconut daily would contain 24 grams of lauric acid. 24 grams of lauric acid is the therapeutic daily dose for adults suggested by Mary Enig based on her research of the lauric acid content of mother's milk. (1)

1. Positively Well, by Lark Lands Ph.D. Her new book discusses lauric acid and suggests many treatment options for persons with AIDS or CFIDS and may be ordered by calling 905-672-7470 or 800-542-8102

SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ON THE ANTI-VIRAL EFFECTS OF LAURIC ACID

Mary Enig cites 24 references in her 7 page article on "Lauric Acid for HIV-infected Individuals," a few of which are as follows:

1. Issacs, C.E. et al. Inactivation of enveloped viruses in human bodily fluids by purified lipids. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1994;724:457-464.

2. Kabara, J.J. Antimicrobial agents derived from fatty acids. Journal of the American Oil Chemists Society 1984;61:397-403.

3. Hierholzer, J.C. and Kabara J.J. In vitro effects on Monolaurin compounds on enveloped RNA and DNA viruses. Journal of Food Safety 1982;4:1-12.

4. Wang, L.L. and Johnson, E.A. Inhibition of Listeria monocytogenes by fatty acids and monoglycerides. Appli Environ Microbiol 1992; 58:624-629.

5. Issacs, C.E. et al. Membrane-disruptive effect of human milk: inactivation of enveloped viruses. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1986;154:966-971.

6. Anti-viral effects of monolaruin. JAQA 1987;2:4-6 7. Issacs C.E. et al. Antiviral and antibacterial lipids in human milk and infant formula feeds. Archives of Disease in Childhood 1990;65:861-864.

Too Good to be True

Can Coconut Oil really be so damn perfect, It must be the first oil I actually enjoy in my protein shakes. Chocolate WPI and Coconut Oil protein shake with a little bit of glycerin before training.

This stuff sounds way too good to be true. Coconut milk and cream is very very cheap here compared to the organic extra virgin oil, but im guessing the oil is the best source of the MCT's from the coconut.

In NZ there are alot of polynesians, more than in the islands. They are all massive from a very young age and very strong. Their diet of coconut and taro obviously has alot to do with it. But they are also very fat, maybe because they mix their traditional diet with Kentucky Fried Chicken and Corned beef.

I love this coconut oil, its the only saturated fat im going to eat, but are they any advantages in using the various MCT products made by supplement companies over Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil?

Last edited:
dragon I am gonna give the coconut flour a shot...
**broken link removed**

My problem is getting it to dissolve and I could spoon the flour into shakes.

I try not to mix carbs and fats for the most part, so there is not much I can cook with it.

I'll keep you guys updated.

we are waiting :D :D :D

All I can say is wow after reading several studies on the benefits of coconut oil! Dr. Mary Enig is very informed on the subject, and the studies I have read seem valid enough for me. I am interested in getting some today! Hopefully it will help with my thyroid levels while I am dieting!

All I can say is wow after reading several studies on the benefits of coconut oil! Dr. Mary Enig is very informed on the subject, and the studies I have read seem valid enough for me. I am interested in getting some today! Hopefully it will help with my thyroid levels while I am dieting!

Good oil for the most part, although it will raise cholesterol in some. Should be part of a balanced diet used along with other extra virgin mono and poly unsaturates but olive oil would be my choice oil. I respond to it much better. Keep in mind most of the sites that hype coconut oil like crazy are selling it, as it used to be hard to find in stores, so they created a market for an otherwise worthless product by telling you how great it is. Not that it is bad, but definitely isn't the holy grail of oils.

Can Coconut Oil really be so damn perfect, It must be the first oil I actually enjoy in my protein shakes. Chocolate WPI and Coconut Oil protein shake with a little bit of glycerin before training.

This stuff sounds way too good to be true. Coconut milk and cream is very very cheap here compared to the organic extra virgin oil, but im guessing the oil is the best source of the MCT's from the coconut.

In NZ there are alot of polynesians, more than in the islands. They are all massive from a very young age and very strong. Their diet of coconut and taro obviously has alot to do with it. But they are also very fat, maybe because they mix their traditional diet with Kentucky Fried Chicken and Corned beef.

I love this coconut oil, its the only saturated fat im going to eat, but are they any advantages in using the various MCT products made by supplement companies over Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil?

Hey, Whats wrong with cornbelief and spam?:p Thats what I grew up on and don't forget the rice.................:D
Actually my grandmother always made me homemade coconut oil.......
She still makes it............

Good oil for the most part, although it will raise cholesterol in some. Should be part of a balanced diet used along with other extra virgin mono and poly unsaturates but olive oil would be my choice oil. I respond to it much better. Keep in mind most of the sites that hype coconut oil like crazy are selling it, as it used to be hard to find in stores, so they created a market for an otherwise worthless product by telling you how great it is. Not that it is bad, but definitely isn't the holy grail of oils.

Not one study I have read or a single Naturpathic MD that I talked too believes or have seen that Coconut oil/Milk will raise cholesterol above the normal range in fact it IMPROVES dramatically in many...

I've been using it and absolutely love it... At 3.5 tbsp a day along with 3 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar a day, I blasted a satanic sinusitis infection back to HADES for which it came!!!!

I alternate between putting coconut oil and grapeseed oil in my shakes

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Who can seriously believe this statement?

Everything written before or after such a dumb comment is now questionable ... sad cause it sounded good. Too good indeed :eek:

try doing some research before you discount something. virgin coconut oil is a n excellent oil to use

mary enig has nothing to do with any website, she is a scientist, for cooking you coconut oil is better than oilive oil, its is more stable when heated and does not change its structure, olive oil does.

it is one of the best oils out there.

something i wrote on fats on here before reposted,eating the right fats is important

stay the hell away from margarine, if you can get real raw butter its great stuff, but reguler butter is 1000 times better than margarine as well. margarine is not real food, its absolute shit. its cheap fake food that is there to make the companies who make it big money , they make way more money on margarine than butter.

and by its 100 percent true it will margerine not rot, its not real food, they put it in the refrigerated section to fool you making you think its like butter. like the artcile said , put it in your garage and it will not rot. its not real food.
all vegetable oil magerines are derived from are not stable when extracted and go rancid so they have preservatives added to them .there are also extracted under high heat using solvents, then deodorized and bleached. it is highly processed oxidized , rancid oil. it does nothing but harm the human body. this goes for rape, canola, corn , soy oil as well. stay the hell away from these. us extra virgin olive oil for cold oil, you can even drink it or put it in shakes and extra virgin coconut or extra virgin palm oil for cooking.
butter is also a choice. if you can get raw better eat like crazy, ist great stuff

surprised people hear did not know this, do not go anywhere near margerine. its not real food. also stay the hell away from vegetable oils

butter is great for you, its healthy as hell particularly raw butter which is the way your supposed to eat it. your lucky to live in the US, where its legal ro get raw butter, in canada i can't . in some states you have import it from califonia and pretend its for your pet. in califonia your really lucky itswidely in grocery stores. if you cannot get raw butter get new zealand butter, it is probvably the best of the regular stuff

here is good guide to fats

The following nutrient-rich traditional fats have nourished healthy population groups for thousands of years:

Butter
Beef and lamb tallow
Lard
Chicken, goose and duck fat
Coconut, palm and sesame oils
Cold pressed olive oil
Cold pressed flax oil
Marine oils

The following new-fangled fats can cause cancer, heart disease, immune system dysfunction, sterility, learning disabilities, growth problems and osteoporosis:

All hydrogenated oils (margerine)
Soy, corn and safflower oils
Cottonseed oil
Canola oil
All fats heated to very high temperatures in processing and frying

All I know is the little I've read but what I've experienced is more important and that is that it stokes me up nice when I'm carb-restricted. To me, it's a staple of my diet.

p.s. I fry my morning eggs in it

All I know is the little I've read but what I've experienced is more important and that is that it stokes me up nice when I'm carb-restricted. To me, it's a staple of my diet.

p.s. I fry my morning eggs in it

Tried it with eggs did not like the taste. I only use it to fry stuff like shrimp. YUMMY COCONUT FRIED SHRIMP.

I put it in with my chocolate whey shakes when doing low carb or protein/fat meals since its high in fat. Make sit taste like a ALMOND JOY somewhat.

I use rice oil for any high heat cooking, coconut oil in shakes and high heat some foods, and extra virgin olive on salads and over green veggies.

how do you get coconut oil in your shakes?

I have just turn the stove on while I preparing my shake and set the oil in a glass cup near the burner not on for about 1min and residual heat gets it nice and fluid. After mixing my shake i pour it in the glass and mix with spoon real fast for about 5 sec and drink down. If you try to put it in blender with shake it will harden back up.

I have just turn the stove on while I preparing my shake and set the oil in a glass cup near the burner not on for about 1min and residual heat gets it nice and fluid. After mixing my shake i pour it in the glass and mix with spoon real fast for about 5 sec and drink down. If you try to put it in blender with shake it will harden back up.

thanks..

you dont find you are drinking hot protein shakes..lol

thanks..

you dont find you are drinking hot protein shakes..lol

No because I make all my shakes with Ice. My blender can crush up the ice when i blend it or I use really cold water from the fridge. As long a syou use cold water for your shake it will not be hot or warm.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws