over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut oil question for John or anyone really

My New Thread

I am in the process of starting a new thread called:

"THE THINK TANK" - A Unique Perspective into our Sport

I have been very encouraged by all the positive comments and respectful differences of opinions that everyone has voiced. That will be the underlying theme of this new thread. I'm waiting for some feedback from a few people before I post it, so stay tuned.

Peace, my Brothers,

Mack

Great to have you here Mack.

On the topic of coconuts is there a downside to using the milk version as opposed to oil (besides the macro's I mean)?

the health benefits of coconut come from the antimicrobial properties of lauric acid, It also contains medium chain triglycerides, which are not stored in the body like other oils and boost metabolism.

I believe you get more " bang" for your dollar from the oil vs the milk. but they both can have a good place in your diet.

Last edited:
Well i scrapped the coconut oil i had and went with virgin CO

Was on the same shelf at Krogers, must have looked right past it lol.

It does taste better, used about 2 tbspoons a day for the last few days. I swear i have more vascularity from it, sounds goofy but i have this vascularity in my legs that wasnt there 3 days ago lol

Probably not from the EVCO but who knows, maybe its those sat. fats:D

I drink coconut milk, and use virgin CO when cooking my cage free/free range eggs.

I love raw whole milk, but as I shared in a prior post, my source no longer comes to my area. So I lost my source for grass fed beef etc. as well. So now I need to find another provider...which sucks.

Anyway...I was wondering if there is a "major" difference between raw vs. coconut milk. I'm sure there are key differences, and I'm interested in knowing.

Would it be better to have my young children drink low fat pasteurized milk or coconut?

I drink coconut milk, and use virgin CO when cooking my cage free/free range eggs.

I love raw whole milk, but as I shared in a prior post, my source no longer comes to my area. So I lost my source for grass fed beef etc. as well. So now I need to find another provider...which sucks.

Anyway...I was wondering if there is a "major" difference between raw vs. coconut milk. I'm sure there are key differences, and I'm interested in knowing.

Would it be better to have my young children drink low fat pasteurized milk or coconut?

if already pasteurized , I personally would prefer full fat. with added kefir or yoghurt in their diet.

there is a difference in quality of raw milk as well. usually mine comes from jersey Cowes in Tasmania. the most organic source possible as the land there has not been subjected to any chemical ,and grass they feed on....is..well like from different era.
but over the holidays I got a delivery which is from Victoria. I can taste the difference .... almost like in wine....

if already pasteurized , I personally would prefer full fat. with added kefir or yoghurt in their diet.

there is a difference in quality of raw milk as well. usually mine comes from jersey Cowes in Tasmania. the most organic source possible as the land there has not been subjected to any chemical ,and grass they feed on....is..well like from different era.
but over the holidays I got a delivery which is from Victoria. I can taste the difference .... almost like in wine....

Thanks Aussie! They love yogurt...Kefir is something I've yet to try, with myself or my kids...but I've seen it on the shelves at my grocer, so I will have to pick some up.

I hear you on the the taste difference, based on the cows diet...pretty cool stuff!

Fried shrimp in coconut oil and coconut milk with any type of spicy seasoning (I use Tony's ) is awesome! I make it and then make rice to go with it.

My favorite PWO dinner for sure!

Well i scrapped the coconut oil i had and went with virgin CO

Was on the same shelf at Krogers, must have looked right past it lol.

It does taste better, used about 2 tbspoons a day for the last few days. I swear i have more vascularity from it, sounds goofy but i have this vascularity in my legs that wasnt there 3 days ago lol

Probably not from the EVCO but who knows, maybe its those sat. fats:D

Jeremy - not sure if you saw this discussion I started or not..you guys will like it

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner