over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut oil Vs soybean oil

It will be interesting to know something about this.

I would tend to favor this review more:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26946252

I would be cautious about claims that coconut oil is healthy or a miracle supplement.

It says these findings cannot be applied to the “typical western diet” the typical western diet is horrible so I hope no one on here falls into that category that it can’t be applied to... Not seeing anything to sway me away from coconut so please point it out if I’m missing something significant

It says these findings cannot be applied to the “typical western diet” the typical western diet is horrible so I hope no one on here falls into that category that it can’t be applied to... Not seeing anything to sway me away from coconut so please point it out if I’m missing something significant

They are talking about observational evidence which is data from non-experimental trials. For example lets say I follow the lifestyle/health-outcomes of individuals who consume coconut oil vs. those that don't over 20yrs.

If we find that those who consume coconut oil display outcomes that are not bad (i.e., adverse cardiovascular outcomes) unfortunately we can't explicitly say that it is the coconut oil that is "causing" these differences. This is because there are many other factors that may be causing these difference.

Basically the strongest evidence comes from experimental trials where we randomly assign one group to consume coconut oil and another to consume something else (or nothing).

it appears that the strong evidence suggests that we shouldn't be swayed to believe that coconut oil is healthy or better than cis unsaturated fats which is what appears to be a healthier choice.

it appears that the strong evidence suggests that we shouldn't be swayed to believe that coconut oil is healthy or better than cis unsaturated fats which is what appears to be a healthier choice.

I’m still completely missing how something improving hdl and lowering body fat is not healthy? Maybe other things that are just as healthy or even healthier but that can be said for almost everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once picked up a big bottle of coconut oil from GNC. I would take it by the spoonful as a supplement. I got terrible cramps and diarrhea from it. I must have been allergic or something. Might be a factor for people. I had to return it and they refunded me my money. Maybe it wouldn't have bothered me if it had been mixed in with food?

I once picked up a big bottle of coconut oil from GNC. I would take it by the spoonful as a supplement. I got terrible cramps and diarrhea from it. I must have been allergic or something. Might be a factor for people. I had to return it and they refunded me my money. Maybe it wouldn't have bothered me if it had been mixed in with food?

Yes with/after food or dropped into a protein shake is how I’d do it regardless but not positive it wouldn’t still have a bad reaction on you but should be much less likely...

could not resist . . .

Hey M,

Coconut oil makes a fine and safe sexual lubricant too.

Think sex on the beach :D

I have use it for cooking as well. Got a huge tub at Costco.
Have used about all if it now and don't I think we will replace it. I think
the jury is still out regarding health benefits. I am a bit suspicious of
any 'oil' that solidifies at room temp but that is just me :confused:

Coconut is a natural diuretic and laxative. You must have been extra sensitive or had an allergic reaction. I am a big fan of coconut oïl (used in moderation).

One danger of consuming large amounts of soybeans is the presence of phytoestrogens, which can mimic the hormone estrogen.

I’m still completely missing how something improving hdl and lowering body fat is not healthy? Maybe other things that are just as healthy or even healthier but that can be said for almost everything...

That was from one study; although important, it is better when we wait for an accumulation of evidence. The review I posted is an accumulation of evidence that has been vetted for the rigor of methodology used in individual studies.

The review suggests (as posted above):

that we shouldn't be swayed to believe that coconut oil is healthy (although it looks like a better choice than butter) or better than cis unsaturated fats which is what appears to be a healthier choice.

That was from one study; although important, it is better when we wait for an accumulation of evidence. The review I posted is an accumulation of evidence that has been vetted for the rigor of methodology used in individual studies.

The review suggests (as posted above):

that we shouldn't be swayed to believe that coconut oil is healthy (although it looks like a better choice than butter) or better than cis unsaturated fats which is what appears to be a healthier choice.

Yes but there doesn’t appear to be any evidence that coconut oil isn’t healthy either tho right? And there may not be multiple studies but bro science and personal experience point towards that one study being pretty accurate

Coconut is a natural diuretic and laxative. You must have been extra sensitive or had an allergic reaction. I am a big fan of coconut oïl (used in moderation).

Ok, that makes sense. The stuff came out and looked the same as it went in! I could have bottled it and sold it as new!

I drink coconut milk now and it is great, no issues.

Yes but there doesn’t appear to be any evidence that coconut oil isn’t healthy either tho right? And there may not be multiple studies but bro science and personal experience point towards that one study being pretty accurate

If you go into the review (it's open access) you will find that many of the studies report that ldl and other negative markers were increased. It looks like its better than butter but less healthy than cis unsaturated fats.

Although "bro science" and personal experience are important they carry little weight compared to well done research.

This is why statements like "well I know someone who smoked til they were 99 and they were fine..." still persist. Sure there are these people but that doesn't negate that on average if you smoke you will most likely die early.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131