over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

COCONUT OIL

tornquad2

Registered
WHAT EFFECT DOES COCONUT OIL HAVE ON A HYPOTHYROID,AND HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED DAILY ALSO WERE DO YOU BUY IT AT.

tornquad2 said:
WHAT EFFECT DOES COCONUT OIL HAVE ON A HYPOTHYROID,AND HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED DAILY ALSO WERE DO YOU BUY IT AT.

very broad question man,

i use coconut oil at 3-5 tablespoons a day, I buy it at the health food store, best brand I have used is "nutiva" if you do a search on the web you will find a lot of info!

I found coconut oil at a local vitaminshoppe, but its not liquid. Is is supposed to be kinda like a butter consistancy?

fourthgen said:
I found coconut oil at a local vitaminshoppe, but its not liquid. Is is supposed to be kinda like a butter consistancy?

at room temp it is a solid (buttery consistency). good stuff, one of the staples in my diet now(off season and pre contest)

km2000 said:
at room temp it is a solid (buttery consistency). good stuff, one of the staples in my diet now(off season and pre contest)

Ok cool, so when its at buttery consistency, 1tbsp is still what the nutritent breakdown is on the back of the bottle right? You dont' have to melt it down to get the accurate tbsp

fourthgen said:
Ok cool, so when its at buttery consistency, 1tbsp is still what the nutritent breakdown is on the back of the bottle right? You dont' have to melt it down to get the accurate tbsp

no you dont have too, I usually measure it out and put like 2-3 tbsp in a coffe mug, put it in the micro for 10-15 sec and shoot it, it actually tastes good! thats a good way to do it if your a texture person...

Cool, sounds good. Im gonna have it with breakfast which is about 4-5hours before my pwo slin shot, so I figure i'll slam about 2-3tbsp and that should be out of my system in time when I do the slin shot. Thanks for the coconut oil advice. I would have never guessed it to be the fastest digesting fat. I always thought flax oil was.

Seriously true story....

When I backpacked through Hawaii for a month and lived for about a week on the beach with some hippies I was just released from my 3rd wrist surgery and was able to train again for baseball I would take morning runs.......I went on this mountain run and was just finishing up and was getting done and this guy who was training for triathalons just came off another trail and his run...we were bullshitting and he asked me if I ever had coconut juice and the membrane in the middle....I was like what??? lol.....So he pulled out this machete out of his pack cracked open a couple of cocnuts we drank the juice out of them and then he scraped the membrane ( I don't know the technical term for it but that is what I called it) out and we ate that too.....I'll be dammed if I didn't feel awsome and energized after my run.....I went and bought a machete and ate a ton of those things the rest of my trip......Good stuff right there....

bulldog21 said:
Seriously true story....

When I backpacked through Hawaii for a month and lived for about a week on the beach with some hippies I was just released from my 3rd wrist surgery and was able to train again for baseball I would take morning runs.......I went on this mountain run and was just finishing up and was getting done and this guy who was training for triathalons just came off another trail and his run...we were bullshitting and he asked me if I ever had coconut juice and the membrane in the middle....I was like what??? lol.....So he pulled out this machete out of his pack cracked open a couple of cocnuts we drank the juice out of them and then he scraped the membrane ( I don't know the technical term for it but that is what I called it) out and we ate that too.....I'll be dammed if I didn't feel awsome and energized after my run.....I went and bought a machete and ate a ton of those things the rest of my trip......Good stuff right there....

ya man,

right after i eat the oil I get a boost of energy that lastes about 2-3 hrs.. I was taking it befor I went to bed for a week and couldnt sleep, I finally figured out it was the CO keeping me up. If your in tune with your body you will notice it........

what consistancy was the "membrane"? it might be coconut milk?

km2000 said:
ya man,

right after i eat the oil I get a boost of energy that lastes about 2-3 hrs.. I was taking it befor I went to bed for a week and couldnt sleep, I finally figured out it was the CO keeping me up. If your in tune with your body you will notice it........

what consistancy was the "membrane"? it might be coconut milk?

It was semitransparent gelatenous not much could be yeilded within each coconut but you didn't need that much...

what do you guys eat with your coconut oil, cuz sometimes if I take some on an empty stomach or if I take over 1 tablespoon at a time I get horrible sh!ts :eek:

SouthernMuscle said:
what do you guys eat with your coconut oil, cuz sometimes if I take some on an empty stomach or if I take over 1 tablespoon at a time I get horrible sh!ts :eek:

i have never had any probs taking the coconut oil on any empty stomach, I would just have a slice of bread or something lite with it, also make sure you have a good quality coconut oil, nutiva is the best I have found, jarrow formulas also has a good product....

dont buy the spectrum shit, it is cheaper, but much lower quality......

The jelly is called "the meat" or "jelly." LOL. Also, coconut water and oil are natural laxatives.

km2000 said:
i have never had any probs taking the coconut oil on any empty stomach, I would just have a slice of bread or something lite with it, also make sure you have a good quality coconut oil, nutiva is the best I have found, jarrow formulas also has a good product....

dont buy the spectrum shit, it is cheaper, but much lower quality......

Dammit I just bougt the small spectrum one. LOL

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner